What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWolfCalledWander

Reaction score
Which pet barrier/divider did you get, and do you like it? Thinking about getting one as well...

AWolfCalledWander

Reaction score

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always been curious if one of those barriers would keep my tools in the back in case of a wild accident… They seem a bit flimsy, though.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to the BMV to get tags for the trailer I bought a few months ago.

kjCherokee

Reaction score
Repainted my Liberty today from Dark Garnet Pearl coat to Nacho and tbh I love it (even though the after market paint isn’t a perfect match to the oem). It’s such a cheerful yellow :D (last image is a before)
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_3666.jpeg
    IMG_3666.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 10

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yellow looks good on the Liberty! I'm surprised that more bright colours like that were never offered from the factory. I guess Jeep reserves those exclusively for the Wrangler.

RE: KO3 discussion on the previous page: Those KO3 tires are only available in a couple sizes and are OEM only right now. The KO2 on the other hand is available in many sizes and for rim diameters 15" to 22". It'll be interesting to see if BFG expands the KO3 lineup or not. I think its likely they are losing a lot of market share to Falken's AT3W in 2024.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Repainted my Liberty today from Dark Garnet Pearl coat to Nacho and tbh I love it (even though the after market paint isn’t a perfect match to the oem). It’s such a cheerful yellow :D (last image is a before)
Did you paint the interior (door jams and such) or did you keep em original color for a beautiful contrast?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Been chasing electrical gremlins. Discovered no less than five instances of conductors broken off in the wire insulation causing intermittent faults. Lots of bird dogging with the multimeter demonstrating the definition of insanity. (repeating the same task and expecting a different outcome) Most I could repair except for the rear bumper harness.

Ordered the 13 bits I need to repair my Parksense and install it in the American Trail Products bumper from Mopar as they had the best price. The next day they canceled the order as one item was out of stock. They never said which one.
Then had to order again from Quadratec as was next best price. Instead of the 13 bits they sent me a random fog lamp housing.

Thoroughly pissed off.
Then over at the jlwranglerforums.com (I'm slowly warming to them, is the least idiotic of the wrangler forums which isn't saying much) they suggested I contact Benny at allmoparparts.com
Complete list in stock, even better pricing. To be delivered tomorrow.

I share here as they have all the Liberty stuff you might need too. I checked. Site looks sketchy, just like the other five mopar branded parts sites, but is legit.

kjCherokee

Reaction score
Did you paint the interior (door jams and such) or did you keep em original color for a beautiful contrast?
I did not paint the door jams, YET. I did paint the fuel filler door jam and the lamp bezel jams. But my favourite thing I painted that I didn’t get a close up of is the engine bay, I painted the lettering on the air filter box and the engine description.

kjCherokee

Reaction score
^^ What kind of spray setup are you using, and are you happy with it? I've been casually considering dabbling, but it's a big buy-in just to make a mess with cheap equipment. ;)
I used a spray gun I got from home depot, it’s not exactly meant for automotive paint but it worked and I’m happy with the results it gave the paint a nice finish

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got more of the important parts and coolant hoses bolted back on the CRD block after tearing the front of the Jeep and engine off a while back simply in order to replace the timing belt, turbo charger and glow plugs for a 200k maintenance.

Overall, the project has been moving smoothly forward as time and health permit.

Today I got to install @WWDiesel viscous heater delete kit, which eliminates the silly and unnecessary belt driven cabin preheater, I also installed @DieselJeepLuvr modified thermostat housing which not only allows for replaceable thermostats on a CRD, but also allows for higher engine operating temps that lets the CRD run a little hotter, cleaner and more fuel efficiently.

The hardest part was probably orienting the various and many different hose clamps in a way that allowed me clean access to tighten each them while not letting each of them rub and eventually damage the hose right next to them!!!

Also spent some time cleaning up the wiring harness with new tape as needed.

Pix or it didn't happen ;)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
The kids passed me going the opposite direction in Bert this morning as I was out getting coffee beans and pug treats.
Is surreal to see the little monster still gettin’ it done.
Freely admit I miss the Liberty, but last season’s endurance trip proved it was time to upgrade. Bert now has 240k miles and that count is too risky when your life depends on the vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.