What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Son of a ....
look in the upper left corner.
I think i'm pulling the cooler lines from the radiator tomorrow.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after the drive it's got a p0430 pending and it threw a p0218 for the transmission. I guess next stop is seafoam.
When air care was still around, we would use a pressurized water mister, which was fed in through the intake. It would run through the combustion chambers, super heat and essentially steam clean everything. It works very well with clearing out combustion chambers, cats, O2 sensors, etc...... That said if you feed too much water through it can melt your cat.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well that certainly doesn't help. And yes, I can move the hard line in and out of the crimp on both ends. Explains the leaking I've been finding not to mention the smell of transmission fluid I occasionally have been getting. I thought it was just something I spilled. I guess that means I got to buy at least one transmission line for this thing. Also I can't get the fittings apart because I don't have the right tool and I don't feel like taking an old friend out of the Jeep apart today.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately those lines are not supposed to come apart, it will need a replacement. They should be crimped and are not quick connect fittings. ***** because line replacement always means a bit of a mess

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the connections on the transmission and cooler. those need a Special Tool apparently. Swell.
and getting to the cooler fittings, almost looks like I need to take the bumper fascia and crash bar off to get to them easily.
Probably not, but damn couldn't they have moved it up or down a couple inches?

I need to get them off if only to see if they're clogged/obstructed, or if the cooler is clogged as well.
which line is hot/send and cold/return? upper or lower fitting on the transmission will help tell me. that one that's leaking/bad goes to the lower.

eta: after finding a semi-relevant video, it appears to be just a rubber cap and a metal spring clip I need to remove.

of course now I have the problem of I can't pull the jeep back in the garage because weather is moving in and the Nice Cars need to stay inside.

Last edited:

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the connections on the transmission and cooler. those need a Special Tool apparently. Swell.
and getting to the cooler fittings, almost looks like I need to take the bumper fascia and crash bar off to get to them easily.
Probably not, but damn couldn't they have moved it up or down a couple inches?

I need to get them off if only to see if they're clogged/obstructed, or if the cooler is clogged as well.
which line is hot/send and cold/return? upper or lower fitting on the transmission will help tell me. that one that's leaking/bad goes to the lower.

eta: after finding a semi-relevant video, it appears to be just a rubber cap and a metal spring clip I need to remove.

of course now I have the problem of I can't pull the jeep back in the garage because weather is moving in and the Nice Cars need to stay inside.
That makes way more sense when you were talking about a special tool, hah! There is a special tool for that one, but you don't require one, just a pick or a little screw driver. If you use the screw driver method be careful, the springs will shoot off to a place you don't want it to..... and it will be lost forever..... ask me how I know :(

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

so according to this latest chart, I have no idea.
I need to run the same tests on my other jeep and see what data pops out, so I have a clue as to what "good" should look like

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Khaki Jeep

My Jeep.

You know, because of the way the exhaust routes under the jeep, I wonder if Bank 2 having problems is throwing gases that downstream Bank 1 is partially seeing, for the khaki jeep's issues. (namely thinking it's losing the bank 2 cat.) That might explain why I've gotten P0138 and P0420 codes randomly. I might be an idiot, so I scratched this out.

and yes it bothers me that I can't tell the tool to make the scales match.

Last edited:

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well that certainly doesn't help. And yes, I can move the hard line in and out of the crimp on both ends. Explains the leaking I've been finding not to mention the smell of transmission fluid I occasionally have been getting. I thought it was just something I spilled. I guess that means I got to buy at least one transmission line for this thing. Also I can't get the fittings apart because I don't have the right tool and I don't feel like taking an old friend out of the Jeep apart today.

I had that issue with my transmission cooler lines too.
Link for repair thread - https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/trans-cooler-lines.38935/post-792933
They still look the same toady as when I installed them.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Khaki Jeep

My Jeep.

You know, because of the way the exhaust routes under the jeep, I wonder if Bank 2 having problems is throwing gases that downstream Bank 1 is partially seeing, for the khaki jeep's issues. (namely thinking it's losing the bank 2 cat.) That might explain why I've gotten P0138 and P0420 codes randomly. I might be an idiot, so I scratched this out.

and yes it bothers me that I can't tell the tool to make the scales match.
bank 1 sensor 2 (blue) looks good for the Khaki jeep. Assuming the sensor is working properly that would be a sign of a bad cat. Your jeep doesn't look too bad. Blip the throttle a couple times in quick succession and see how long the patterns take to stabilize. The lower patterns don't look terrible though.

waya

Reaction score
put my 03 liberty renegade dubbed ( johnny cash ) on the road for the first time today. added stainless socket bolts in fender. painted fenders, bumpers and bullgaurd factory black textured.
will trim fenders tomorrow then look for a tj passenger grab handle to fit

Attachments

• first day.jpg
    first day.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 5
  • yesterday.JPG
    yesterday.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 5
  • now.JPG
    now.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 5

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't too concerned about mine, mostly because it's not throwing any codes. :D
I did put a different sensor in bank 2 (what a CHORE that was!) and it had a similar looking green trace.
anyone ever successfully use a defouler on a downstream to at least get past emissions? aka no MIL lights and completed monitors?

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't too concerned about mine, mostly because it's not throwing any codes. :D
I did put a different sensor in bank 2 (what a CHORE that was!) and it had a similar looking green trace.
anyone ever successfully use a defouler on a downstream to at least get past emissions? aka no MIL lights and completed monitors?
Yes

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it for wifes nephew on a lexus and his light went out. I'm going to do it on my nieces liberty too. He cat is mostly working, but its efficiency isn't great until its at full operating temp. So I'll make that go out for her.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a'ight. ordered a set of defoulers.
didn't work on khaki today.
did work on my silver jeep; parking brake hasn't been working right. apparently the star adjusters were SEVERELY out of adjustment. now I have a parking brake.
worked on the silver sebring. or rather, tried to. finding spark plugs locally has been... impossible. no kidding, i'm ordering at least 12 plugs from rock auto simply because they're way cheaper and more importantly AVAILABLE.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking of rock auto...
anyone got a current discount code handy?