What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done the transfer case cable mod? The plastic parts have failed me for the last time

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which plastic parts? The one that clips the cable into the bracket or the bushing on the shift lever on the t-case?
Shift lever on the T case is what’s killing me. I am eyeing this on amazon
You must be registered for see images attach

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shift lever on the T case is what’s killing me. I am eyeing this on amazon
Did mine last year, but the one I ordered for my niece didn't fit, so I found a random bushing in the shop and secured it with a cotter pin. It'll hold till I get the proper one.

Thats a nice looking lever. How is it supposed to connect to the existing cable?

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine last year, but the one I ordered for my niece didn't fit, so I found a random bushing in the shop and secured it with a cotter pin. It'll hold till I get the proper one.

Thats a nice looking lever. How is it supposed to connect to the existing cable?
From my understanding it replaces the cable all together

Jayramble

Reaction score
Just purchased my first KJ - 2006 Limited - am having some servicing and repairs performed here in Dubai, repairing sunroof, brakes, etc. Am wondering if anyone has created a 3D print file for switch panel next to the cigarette lighter / power outlet for offroad lights, USB outlet, etc.

Have experience with a few other Jeeps (WJ, XJs, and TJs - still have a 99 TJ for weekend off roading).

Feedback welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpeg
    IMG_0763.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 8

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be under the khaki Jeep in a couple of days, doing some service work on it before it goes to its new owner. I'll check and see about the size of the cable eyelets. I'm wondering if booger bushings wouldn't be a viable fix.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And where is the antenna or antennas located for the TPMS system? Starting to wonder if something didn't corrode or break which would explain the sudden appearance of the flashing TPMS light on my Jeep which doesn't have TPMS.

Reaction score
I bought a little Geo Metro back in 1991. 1.0L 3-cylinder engine. (And it was a four-door hatchback!) First long trip I went on I stopped for gas at exactly 400 miles and filled it up with 8 gallons. It died young, though...
Loved my little Geo! Mine was the "coupe" with 2 doors. That gas mileage saved me from starving throughout college ! Then I commuted an easy 5 miles a day to work in it for several years. I sold it at 100,000mi in 2005. That's when I bought the current 05 Liberty. I guess my take on vehicles is they are utilitarian, lol.

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Perished and leaking intercooler hoses replaced with BLUE silicone jobbies. Fitter assures me that they will make me a total ***** magnet ( means something different in English ). Also 110k mile oil and filter change, new oil pressure sensor, track rods and track rod ends, rear pads and sliders, new sidelight bulbs. Winter ready ish.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove the khaki jeep today.
all seemed fine, except for some somewhat known issues.
got home, parked and idled for a bit, when it tossed a MIL.
P0420 – Catalytic converter system, bank 1 -efficiency below threshold
P0430 – Catalyst System Low Efficiency Bank 2
P0700 – Transaxle Control System Malfunction
when I just went to move it a few seconds ago, it wouldn't actually go into gear even when I shifted. then suddenly it BANGED into reverse when I gave it a couple revs. I know it needs a trannie fluid change, and I'm thinking the P0420 and P0430 are related to it desperately needing spark plugs, and maybe it just needs a good old Italian Tune Up, possible a Seafoam treatment.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove the khaki jeep today.
all seemed fine, except for some somewhat known issues.
got home, parked and idled for a bit, when it tossed a MIL.
P0420 – Catalytic converter system, bank 1 -efficiency below threshold
P0430 – Catalyst System Low Efficiency Bank 2
P0700 – Transaxle Control System Malfunction
when I just went to move it a few seconds ago, it wouldn't actually go into gear even when I shifted. then suddenly it BANGED into reverse when I gave it a couple revs. I know it needs a trannie fluid change, and I'm thinking the P0420 and P0430 are related to it desperately needing spark plugs, and maybe it just needs a good old Italian Tune Up, possible a Seafoam treatment.
Well the transmission issue isn't a good sign. It's possible it could be a valve body issue by the sounds of it. Almost like a pressure issue, then slams into gear when it builds enough pressure. I would suggest bringing it to a shop that specializes in transmissions.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And where is the antenna or antennas located for the TPMS system? Starting to wonder if something didn't corrode or break which would explain the sudden appearance of the flashing TPMS light on my Jeep which doesn't have TPMS.
Tpms according to the diagrams are located in the tire wells. Rear tires they should be behind the interior plastic. It’s a bit harder to tell for the front