What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the car wash and cleaned the ash off of it. The wind has finally shifted and we’re having more normal weather.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the upstream drivers side oxygen sensor replaced, seems the easy way is to remove the sensor and find the harness behind the middle of the motor and pull it up through. The oxygen sensor harness comes out of the big harness by the firewall a couple inches down

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the headlight bulbs after going out to eat last night and seeing that one of them had burned out. I took a chance and went with LED. Here's hoping I am not repeating the problems I had when I tried LEDs in the backup lights about ten years ago. (They were nice and bright but the bulbs only lasted a few months before kicking it.)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not tried the LED headlight, however I have heard that they don't pattern nicely, in the UK the car won't pass annual inspection if they are fitted. Are they a new design that works better?
My headlights are sunburnt, I cut and polish them but it doesn't last but it makes a big difference. When I can be bothered / have some spare time I'm going to take them out and get them cut and sprayed with 2k clear coat to replace the UV resistant layer.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did 150 miles in my new(er) 2.8, averaged 27MPG US or 32MPG UK cruising at 60~70MPH, not bad for a fully loaded 2 Ton brick! Suspension is horrible at speed, wondering around and getting worse with speed, hit 80 once and soon chickened out, it felt awful! Better get some bushes and ball joints on order, might finally treat it to a set of H&Rs too.
Had a good look at the front suspension today, found that the upper arm rear bolt was finger tight! No wonder it was horrible at speed! Another previous owner treat... its got 2 shiny new upper arms.
Very tricky to get at on a diesel, luckily I have lots of extensions and a knuckle in my socket set.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Not tried the LED headlight, however I have heard that they don't pattern nicely, in the UK the car won't pass annual inspection if they are fitted. Are they a new design that works better?
My headlights are sunburnt, I cut and polish them but it doesn't last but it makes a big difference. When I can be bothered / have some spare time I'm going to take them out and get them cut and sprayed with 2k clear coat to replace the UV resistant layer.
I'll have to let you know once I do some nighttime driving. The only difference I could see in the garage was that they were brighter. The reflector built in to the Jeep headlight seems to diffuse the light evenly enough.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your suggestions for front lower control arms? My front bushings are completely shot and they are making noise. I don't want to buy anything cheap; are there any aftermarket parts that stand out? I'm running about 2.5-3" of lift with 245/75/16 tires.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Fixed my fog lights, which I did not even know were broken until I fixed my headlights and they stopped working. On top of that, I'm not even sure what I did to fix them. I checked the fuse, put it back in, then boomshanka - let there be light! I suspect that the wire where the fogs tap into the headlight harness may be coming a little loose after ten years of shaking around in there. I probably bumped it back straight when I was monkeying with the wires.

It may be time to put the ol' Prof out to pasture...

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the basket and bars? That looks fabulous! How does it affect the moonroof? Any extra noises?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are your suggestions for front lower control arms? My front bushings are completely shot and they are making noise. I don't want to buy anything cheap; are there any aftermarket parts that stand out? I'm running about 2.5-3" of lift with 245/75/16 tires.
While the stock upper control arms have to be replaced when the bushings are shot, the same is not true of the lower control arms. They are beefy and the bushings can be pressed out and pressed in without ruining them. Mopar bushings are like $60 per bushing whereas you can do Moogs, shipped, for about $60 a side (3 bushings in each LCA) Check out RockAuto for the best prices right now, and there is also a 5% off coupon code you can google. I just did the research on this for mine.