What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

And the hits keep coming. Press the clutch in as I was coming to a stoplight and I suddenly had no clutch. Get it home, start tearing it apart, and discover the snap ring that holds the master cylinder to the plate has broken. Here's hoping a local auto parts store has that snap ring. Otherwise I have to either dig for the original master cylinder, which I'm pretty sure I kept his I do that, see if it has a compatible snap ring, and steal it. Or, we're going to break out the welder and weld the damn thing together!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and i'm gonna put this out there for anyone who yard dives occasionally:
if you find a MT KJ liberty in the yard, I'd like to get an extra interlock connector plug from the engine bay, to make a bypass plug for future use.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
during my "research" i've also discovered the presence of a "clutch pedal position switch override relay" in the PDC.
i'll report back if/when I investigate this.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I got the jeep fixed. had to buy an $11 snap ring kit... whatever.
I tried to find the FSM mentioned override relay, and it doesn't exist in the PDC.
searching through the FSM for more details. specifically going to find the wiring diagram and trace how it's supposed to go.

you can see above there's no relay between the switch and the ECU. it also looks like the clutch upstop isn't used at all. note that's the diagram from the 06 FSM. the one from the 05, is different...

Last edited:

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I got the jeep fixed. had to buy an $11 snap ring kit... whatever.
I tried to find the FSM mentioned override relay, and it doesn't exist in the PDC.
searching through the FSM for more details. specifically going to find the wiring diagram and trace how it's supposed to go.

you can see above there's no relay between the switch and the ECU. it also looks like the clutch upstop isn't used at all. note that's the diagram from the 06 FSM. the one from the 05, is different...

I know if you’re in 4 Low, you can start the engine without pushing the clutch it. I’m guessing that’s what the “transmission range” block is in the upper diagram. I highly doubt my haynes book will show anything different, but I will look.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a good time fishing. The “wheeling” was subpar. The old forest roads are a lot nicer than I remember. I pulled off on my way out to make a quick ramen noodle lunch.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I had a good time fishing. The “wheeling” was subpar. The old forest roads are a lot nicer than I remember. I pulled off on my way out to make a quick ramen noodle lunch.

Love the matching canoe! 2 thumbs up!

jack roykirk

Reaction score
pulled the passenger rear window regulator completely out.
seems the cable has a dead spot in it.

I'm seeing two styles of regulators.
that's mine

then that one.
something tells me they're not actually interchageable?

jack roykirk

Reaction score
pulled the passenger rear window regulator completely out.
seems the cable has a dead spot in it.

I'm seeing two styles of regulators.
that's mine

then that one.
something tells me they're not actually interchageable?
I just did the driver side rear door on mine about a month ago. Mine was the same style as the first picture in your post. If that is the one currently in your door, go with it. It was a breeze compared to the heater core/dashboard fiasco. It still took a bit of finagling to get it inside the completely inadequate opening on the inside of the door.

The tubes that the cable runs through can get brittle after time and break. That's what happened to mine. I was a bit nervous when I was flexing the tube to get the new one inside the door but it all worked out in the end. Now it is the fastest window in my Jeep.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Bert and I got home about 1300 today. Not too much off roading or camping, and not too much fossil hunting, but was the longest road trip I have ever taken in Bert. But when you figure we did 10 States in 8 days (two of them twice), it was a helluva road trip.

here was the basic route I took:
https://goo.gl/maps/3BDiPjQNN465b9nr5

I got tons of samples sent back to the labs and collected 30 species of non-vascular plants, plus a big bucket of Mazon Creek fossil nodules.

Attachments

• IMG_8597.jpeg
    IMG_8597.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8592.jpeg
    IMG_8592.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8589.jpeg
    IMG_8589.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8569.jpeg
    IMG_8569.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8560.jpeg
    IMG_8560.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8514.jpeg
    IMG_8514.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8508.jpeg
    IMG_8508.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8497.jpeg
    IMG_8497.jpeg
    421.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8464.jpeg
    IMG_8464.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8456.jpeg
    IMG_8456.jpeg
    452 KB · Views: 7

kjCherokee

Reaction score
Replaced all the emblems and wheel caps on my ‘03 Liberty today, and finished installing a touchscreen dash by Boss Audio, next day off I gotta fix the A/C and replace a fan relay

Attachments

• IMG_2904.jpeg
    IMG_2904.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2908.jpeg
    IMG_2908.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2864.jpeg
    IMG_2864.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 23

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the ruffstuff frame stiffeners on a kj? Did it work well? Or is there a better option other than making custom ones

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Did rack and pinion on 04.KJ today
I didn’t mind labor but when I tell you literally every inch was covered with grease EVERY single inch was covered with grease and grime on this thing. Oh well I’ll clean what I can while I wait for new rack to get here also have moog rack bushing’s on stand by to install + (2) outer tie rods.

Attachments

• IMG_2560.jpeg
    IMG_2560.jpeg
    577 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2562.jpeg
    IMG_2562.jpeg
    687 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2564.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 15

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did rack and pinion on 04.KJ today
I didn’t mind labor but when I tell you literally every inch was covered with grease EVERY single inch was covered with grease and grime on this thing. Oh well I’ll clean what I can while I wait for new rack to get here also have moog rack bushing’s on stand by to install + (2) outer tie rods.
Something about it being right under the oil filter area… :D