What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The running boards look really good, Prof! They are classier than what your Jeep had before, and they look stronger too. Are they strong enough to take impacts like rock sliders?

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering fabricating rock sliders, front winch plate, and front bull bar that will actually stand up to some abuse. It takes some time and a bit of planning, but its also really satisfying to sit back and see the work that you made. Also of note, I have removed my custom transmission skid plate for painting. Hoping to get it painted in about a week or so.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced my PCV Valve. I was going to do the spark plugs as well but for some reason I am getting tired very easily as of late.

I had a write-up from eight years ago which explains why my KJ is different than most other KJ's:

HOW TO: Replace the PCV Valve on (Some) 2007 and up Jeep Liberty

For some reason I did not win a Pulitzer prize for this masterful journalistic effort.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced my PCV Valve. I was going to do the spark plugs as well but for some reason I am getting tired very easily as of late.

I had a write-up from eight years ago which explains why my KJ is different than most other KJ's:

HOW TO: Replace the PCV Valve on (Some) 2007 and up Jeep Liberty

For some reason I did not win a Pulitzer prize for this masterful journalistic effort.
No, but I can say that I followed your writeup to fix mine. So at least you can’t say nobody uses your masterpiece!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was an oil change at 210042 miles. I have been using Mobil-1 synthetic for the last 5 oil changes. I do notice the oil that comes out is not as dark black as it used to be. I think it has done a good job of cleaning out the sludge over time.

I also began a fuel pump install and gas tank skid plate replacement. Details here:
Will post more on that tomorrow.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked the precious bodily fluids today, and began configuring the load out for my excursion in a couple of weeks.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather is nice, I'm off shift and lots of parts have arrived, cambelt, water pump and thermostat time.
The fan was a pain to get off, the usual big spanner and hammer failed so I finished up with scaffold tube and bar and an 18" Bahco with a scaff tube! Brutal but effective.
You must be registered for see images attach

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Yet another of my attempts at humor gone wrong. :p

The picture I posted was of my new running boards. If I DID post a picture of the armor and it was a side view of the Jeep how would anyone know?

(I am still hunting down bolts, etc.)

Here are three more of the running boards:

Compare them to the pictures of the roof rack I posted the other day and let me know what you think. :)
I like em! been trying to decide for two years which ones to put in Bert.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Got new meat imstalled and washed about 20 kilos of mud and gravel and sand out from under yesterday. Headed home from the labs soon to park Bert for the weekend . Very interested what the plugs look like after the last 25k or so miles.

As a reminder to fellow JBA UCA owners- it is time for grease!!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to HF (yes, I sure did!) and picked up one of these bad boys:

46 in. 9 Drawer Mobile Storage Cabinet with Solid Wood Top, Black

I built a nice workbench a year or so ago and this will be a nice complement to it.

The people at HF did not think it would fit. I told them that I had gotten a 30" stove in there a few years back and not to worry. They marveled at how easy it was to slide it in (I got it back out by myself, and at nearly 200 pounds it is not exactly light) and they were surprised at how much room I had left. I joined their discount club and got $80 off the retail price.

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Swapped plugs and diff oils. Thankfully all looked fine coming out, however idling much smoother- it was time!
Inspected and greased all the Moog and JBA stuff. Did a little detailing and removed the ridiculous "Liberator" decals. (Got nothing to prove and the novelty wore off...was intended only as a joke for the Omaha Jeep Club...which I quit a long time ago as all they care about is Best of Amazon and stupid rubber ducks...)

Had some stuporvision from Cap'n Derp too.

Last edited:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped plugs and diff oils. Thankfully all looked fine coming out, however idling much smoother- it was time!
Inspected and greased all the Moog and JBA stuff. Did a little detailing and removed the ridiculous "Liberator" decals. (Got nothing to prove and the novelty wore off...was intended only as a joke for the Omaha Jeep Club...which I quit a long time ago as all they care about is Best of Amazon and stupid rubber ducks...)

Had some stuporvision from Cap'n Derp too.
Looks like it was time for new plugs. Glad Bert is back up to optimal performance!

Removing the stickers is probably good for about 4 horsepower. :p

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the multifunction switch on the left side of the steering column. The Mopar part number for the stalk with fog lights but not auto headlights is 68041485AD. (For the KK)

I have one more Jeep task on the list: replace the parking brake handle assembly so the parking brake works better.

Last edited: