What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this today…
You must be registered for see images attach

Needless to say, time to change a tire!
You must be registered for see images attach
Dropped this off at the tire shop to get a replacement KO2 mounted.

Also I am washing and detailing this afternoon because Jeepy will be the ride for my god-daughter tonight for her junior prom. :cool: I should try and spiff up a bit myself too. Can’t drive her to the prom looking like I was working on a Jeep. :D

Megalodon

Reaction score
I learned that aftermarket brake caliper mounting bolts are longer than the oem bolts on my 04 liberty. Thusly, they are useless. Had to park it til I can find the correct bolts or washers somewhere...

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Duratracs before these too. KO2’s are comparable in traction but with a much quieter ride and better cornering, in my opinion. The only downside is that they will only last a little more than half as long as the Duratracs, which went more than 90K miles.

Megalodon

Reaction score
Why not just use the old bolts - or cut down the new ones?
Two of the originals fell out somewhere. I think I may have gotten excessive with the anti seize on my last project. Stuffs been working loose. As for cutting the aftermarket ones down, I'm a little light on the power tools, and I'm not steady enough with a hacksaw to not destroy the threads. Was hoping for a quick replace, but all I can find are the long ones. All the oem sites I've checked are out of stock. What a dumb thing to be thwarted by.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I ordered a new passenger CV axle, intermediate shaft, seal, bearing, clip, etc to make this repair. Did the driver side this past fall and it's time to do the passenger. planned to do it this weekend, but will have to hit pause bc Amazon/UPS decided to deliver an empty box instead of my new intermediate shaft LOL

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two of the originals fell out somewhere. I think I may have gotten excessive with the anti seize on my last project. Stuffs been working loose. As for cutting the aftermarket ones down, I'm a little light on the power tools, and I'm not steady enough with a hacksaw to not destroy the threads. Was hoping for a quick replace, but all I can find are the long ones. All the oem sites I've checked are out of stock. What a dumb thing to be thwarted by.
I had one go missing once, $2 at the parts yard and I was rolling in no time.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking put a nut or two on the bolt before you cut it short, and they will repair the threads for you when you back them off.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I ordered a new passenger CV axle, intermediate shaft, seal, bearing, clip, etc to make this repair. Did the driver side this past fall and it's time to do the passenger. planned to do it this weekend, but will have to hit pause bc Amazon/UPS decided to deliver an empty box instead of my new intermediate shaft LOL
Let me guess… You got the box, and there was a fairly neat hole in the end of it?

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will these work? PM me if you want them.

Attachments

• 20230606_224822.jpg
    20230606_224822.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 13

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Tried to change my own oil again, and the oil change place way overtightened my oil drain plug. It was not budging at all, so now I gotta get a breaker bar to hopefully get this plug out. I'm so done paying to have my oil changed. Every time I go, they either overtighten the drain plug or the oil filter...

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies found that out, too. He was not strong enough to loosen it, so I had to get under there and beat the wrench with a hammer.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and oil filter. It had gone 5,992 miles on the old oil. I use a full synthetic that states it is guaranteed for 10,000 miles, but going nearly 6K is double what I usually allow. I am old and the days of 3,000-mile oil changes are still heavily ingrained in my mind. I will sleep easier tonight.

For what it is worth, with 105,421 on the engine I still have never had to add oil between changes. (Knock wood.) I've had cars in the past that burned so much oil you almost didn't need to actually change it. With a fresh quart every three or four weeks that kind of took care of itself. :oops:
I've been 6k intervals since day 1 with NAPA/WIX filters and Walmart full synthetic. every oil sample i've had tested has come back with "you can go longer."
All my vehicles* are 6k/1Year/NAPA/WIX/FullSynth, and I've had vehicles go almost 200k miles doing that.

* the neon is the exception. high strung high stressed turbo 4 that's seen track days. if the oil is > 1000 miles before an event it gets changed, and gets changed immediately after an event.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
I thought there were only 2 bolts (or perhaps you mean 1 each side), Never experienced (or heard of) antiseize causing bolts to back off, never mind fall out.

Of course a cut-off wheel makes reducing the length of bolts a breeze but I managed with a hacksaw for decades & just dressed the end with a file - but the idea of using a nut is a good one.

However you just want a few bolts, nothing special, although HT would be desirable, they come in all lengths from any hardware store, or somewhere like Tractor Supply Co.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Well it only took 49k miles to do it, but I finally wore out the front Toyo AT3s. Must have tore them up good last weekend on sharp limestone exposures as had a section delaminate down to the belts on the way home from work.

Good news is the spare has never been used and was kept properly covered and maintained, and the rears are in pretty good shape and should easily last another 10k, so only had to order one.