What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been slowly disassembling the front end to get the new diff and other parts in. Went ahead and dropped a nut off upper control arm directly into the "frame rail". Why, you might ask? Because things were going too smoothly and I wanted to do something completely aggravating.
After spending way too much time sticking a variety of magnets and wires into "frame" holes trying to fish this nut out I discovered it's a stacked box section. The nut had found its way into the lower one, of course. The only access hole was too small for the nut to pass through and I couldn't get a hold of it anyway. I could see it with a type of scope (white device) that hooks up to the cell phone. So off came the bumper and I was able to get it from the front with a length of 1/4" icemaker tubing with a bicycle spoke magnet taped on the end. And my son shining a light into hole that was too small. After igot it out and started reassembly I realized I was missing the lower bolts on grill support and ironically found the exact same nut I just fished out in my spare hardware bins. Oh well still glad to not have a nut in the frame.
You must be registered for see images attach

Red Dog 6436

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attempted to remove the front bumper so I can install my OEM two hooks. Looked at and followed almost every How-To and video I could find over the course of the past year.

After an unsuccessful hour of trying to find anything on the 2002 KJ fronts I re-installed everything I had removed and called it a day. Will have more time next weekend to tackle it until I figure it out.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I beat my PB of 43.5mpg (Imperial gallons) on my commute to work. I was determined to squeak 44, was traveling south with no headwind, a very light 3/4 mph northerly tail wind and to my surprise clocked 47mpg!! This is in a 05 CRD btw.

My '05 CRD personal best was 25mpg (US gallons) on one peppy tank of fuel. Normal was 23mpg summertime and 19mpg wintertime. After the F36 (F26?) reprogram all I got was 19 summer and 14 winter.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score

New river to seven springs to cave creek bout 50 to 60 offroad miles up and down mountains and plenty of washes and rock gardens on the way up...finally got the kj just about perfect just need the dtt up front and it's as it should be

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know the quick disconnect size for the fuel line off the top of their head? 3/8" and 5/16" are the two common ones that keep coming up for chryslers.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Beautiful weather today! It's a Nebraska home game day, so all the crowds are down in Lincoln...Me and Bert are just cruising around making pit stops at all the pubs that serve my fake beer...perhaps we will find a new co-pilot... ROFL

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
What is the F3## reprogamme? Is this the same as a remap?
F37 reprogramme was a recall done on US 2.8 CRDs to reduce torque, (and fuel mileage). Lots of CRDs were developing a "shudder" on acceleration which destroyed torque converters.

archiacpenguin

Reaction score
This should be a great thread that we can keep going. That way we can all keep up with the small day to day tinkering and give some ideas to those looking to do something! Pics are strongly encouraged!!! (Cheers)

archiacpenguin

Reaction score
JBA stubby headers. Next probably going to be out of commission for a bit while the forged internals are being made. I was pulling the heads to put ported ones on and was like it's all right there I might as well.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never wanted to be a jack of all trades until I realized big companies charge $100-$200 an hour for messing everything up where I live. So this isn't exactly what I did to my jeep today, but my jeep took me here to work and the problem still applies to vehicles, which is why I wanted to share for those that haven't seen it happen.

You can see how swollen this blue hose is, the inner jacket broke open and was not letting water run though, it just filled up the outer liner. The same can happen with brake lines on vehicles where the inner springs a leak and it all runs inbetween the jackets but never leaks externally, just acts like a reservoir.

When I was leaving the community a big ol lizard was taking its time crossing the road, figured I'd take some pics while waiting.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I never wanted to be a jack of all trades until I realized big companies charge $100-$200 an hour for messing everything up where I live. So this isn't exactly what I did to my jeep today, but my jeep took me here to work and the problem still applies to vehicles, which is why I wanted to share for those that haven't seen it happen.

You can see how swollen this blue hose is, the inner jacket broke open and was not letting water run though, it just filled up the outer liner. The same can happen with brake lines on vehicles where the inner springs a leak and it all runs inbetween the jackets but never leaks externally, just acts like a reservoir.

When I was leaving the community a big ol lizard was taking its time crossing the road, figured I'd take some pics while waiting.

Big lizard in my backyard
Can't afford to feed him anymore
Big lizard in my backyard
Bustin' down my neighbor's door
I bought a big lizard, only a dollar-fifty
Well, that's pretty neat, yeah, it's f-n' nifty
But I just can't afford to feed it
And you should see the way it sh*ts

EagleKJ