What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and then after new tires starting removing the OME 925/947 combo with the Bilstein shocks and JBA UCAs for stock height KJs
Sold the set up and installing it tonight onto a 02 with 90,000 miles and terribly sagged suspension
Family is pulling a fold up camper down to Dollywood and beyond starting Wednesday, sagging so bad ,terrible sounds, rubbing etc
Took him for a ride with his camper on the 05 and he bought it all
SO NOW, back to the drawing board
and ordering parts .................

Lobato

Reaction score
Today I decided to tackle the "repair" done by the previous owner on the rust spot around the third brake light. Going through layers of bondo and glue to clean everything, then make the new panel, welding and painting it... it is going to be a long day!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Yinze see the news reports about the hipsters letting the air out of tires in urban areas? Got your portable air compressor? Got a camera aimed at your parking spot? I bring it up as some just tried to hit Bert while I was running errands for work.

It was very difficult not to respond with violence. I explained the VA keeps me heavily medicated for their protection and the little #%¥! Birds ran…too bad for them, I got their Subaru plate number and my vendor had cameras.

Reaction score
Yinze see the news reports about the hipsters letting the air out of tires in urban areas? Got your portable air compressor? Got a camera aimed at your parking spot? I bring it up as some just tried to hit Bert while I was running errands for work.

It was very difficult not to respond with violence. I explained the VA keeps me heavily medicated for their protection and the little #%¥! Birds ran…too bad for them, I got their Subaru plate number and my vendor had cameras.
Witnessing that would put me over the edge for sure!
Sounds like I need to find space for an air compressor....

Attachments

• IMG_20210523_142546077_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20210523_142546077_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 10

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Witnessing that would put me over the edge for sure!
Sounds like I need to find space for an air compressor....
LOL. I feel your pain, but I have one.

Apparently its some environmental protest thing on social media, so it should fade away soon. I figure if I leave my Bleeders on, that will confuse them in the future.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Well I got my payout from the insurance company, and the tow company is picking up my totaled Liberty today. I've been looking at KJs for sale in my area, and I drove an '05 yesterday that has a brand new transmission; however, the seller didn't want to let me take it to a mechanic to have it checked out which is a big red flag to me. I'll see if he'll settle for a mobile mechanic lookover.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
One week to go before the big trip, and I swear, the universe is trying really hard to keep me from going- food poisoning, bear spray delayed, ABS, wife being a jerk, wildfires, etc....

Highschool kid on a cell phone rear ended me at the stop sign on the way to work this morning. No damage to Bert beyond some chipped paint on the beavertail hitch I and some of her paint on the tank armor...was driving a Honda that now has a big hole punched through the radiator. Had The Filth laughing almost as hard as I was.

Them: "How could she not see this thing?"
Me: "Tik Tok is a horrible drug."
Them: "Aren't you the science guy at the University?"
Me: "Only when it gets me a discount or off with a warning."

Last edited:

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
The 07 KJ has been parked for the for a few weeks now. The clutch is slipping. I’m planning on doing the job myself, any advice on the clutch job process. Thank you.

phissure

Reaction score
I'm looking at how to do a leak down and compression test. I get the cylinder 2 misfire. I'm realistic and think a new set of heads and timing gear is in my future

phissure

Reaction score
Which plugs and coils you using?
The plugs are Denso iridium and the coils are stock. Moving the coils and plugs to different positions didn't change the cylinder that was misfiring. I did have a vacuum leak from a rotted connector. Fixed that, but nothing changed. I'm performing the leak-down and compression tests myself this weekend, so no cost to me. I know that those tests will show if there is a larger issue. I believe it's a head gasket, but I'm hoping for something fixable in the head that doesn't require pulling the heads.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drop the iridiums, go back to what's printed under the hood.
mopar ignition systems (not the MB or the mitsubishi derived ones) don't like you screwing around with the plugs.

phissure

Reaction score
drop the iridiums, go back to what's printed under the hood.
mopar ignition systems (not the MB or the mitsubishi derived ones) don't like you screwing around with the plugs.
Will do, but that doesn't explain the symptoms not moving with the plugs or coils.

Latest posts

Members online