What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of Mopar heated side mirrors today for a steal ($20). Looks likely they will be plug and play in my 08 Sport. Going to use this writeup I bookmarked way back in 2016.

Even if they are not plug and play, I will figure out how to get them wired properly to the rear defroster. This is sort of like picking up an awesome winter coat during an off season summer sale, LOL.

mike808

Reaction score
and a regear to 4.10s
What springs did you go with , hopefully OME 790s
Of course dealing with Rock disaster its hard to tell what they sent you
The rear spring is a OME2942. Which are the Old man emu rear heavy load spring. I haven't regeared it to 4.10s. I'll try to ensure to do that before I get bigger tires. But so far, the ride is alot nicer than it was before and no loss in acceleration.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The rear spring is a OME2942. Which are the Old man emu rear heavy load spring. I haven't regeared it to 4.10s. I'll try to ensure to do that before I get bigger tires. But so far, the ride is alot nicer than it was before and no loss in acceleration.
942s ???????
Never heard of them for a KJ
947s are light weight and mediums are 948s
no heavy duty OME rears at all for the KJ

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you know Kung Fu was written for Bruce Lee? Apparently he was "too Chinese" for Hollywood at the time. And would that be Easyriders Magazine?
Very good
Yes I did read years ago that Hollywood did not want Bruce Lee due to his heritage
And Easyrider is correct as well, have Issue Number One sealed up hoping for a million dollar sale someday LOL
have years of them stored away for some reason

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting 5 new TPMS sensors installed in my wheels today. Reasonably priced refurbished Mopar units. Hopefully no more tire light!
These are absolute junk. 3 of 5 are defective. Waste of time and money and aggravation. If tempted to get remanufactured units on eBay, don’t. I am going to return all 5 once I can get them swapped back out.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warning on the 948s.
unless you're already heavy in the ass, they're gonna make your ride board stiff truck bouncy, until there's something in the back for them to control.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Warning on the 948s.
unless you're already heavy in the ass, they're gonna make your ride board stiff truck bouncy, until there's something in the back for them to control.
Truth. I always run bit of a load as a result, even off road.

mike808

Reaction score
942s ???????
Never heard of them for a KJ
947s are light weight and mediums are 948s
no heavy duty OME rears at all for the KJ
Tommudd, you are correct. I mistook the ome front heavy duty struts for the rear. The rear just state 2.5" spring.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-124606_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-124606_Gallery.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 5

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tommudd, you are correct. I mistook the ome front heavy duty struts for the rear. The rear just state 2.5" spring.
Front OME coils are 925, rated at 350 lb, 926 rated at 375 and 927 rated at 400, with 790s at 500
Front " SHOCKS " are 9009
just so no one gets confused

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Warning on the 948s.
Never had an issue on any I have installed , first I heard of this

MMmmmmmmm interesting

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue on any I have installed , first I heard of this

MMmmmmmmm interesting
Running 948's on mine with 2 extra iso's up top for a total of 3 and it rides great loaded or unloaded. Sure not like a trophy truck, but a trophy truck can't carry a load. You gotta make choices. Mine has a 90lb mountain bike rack in the receiver nearly 100% of the time so the 948's are the only choice for me.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Dodged around it in the garage to keep from accidentally turning it brown while I re-stained my deck. My back is not going to forgive me anytime soon.

Danakin

Reaction score
There's some pretty awesome off roaders on here and I know mpg's aren't the driving factor for most with these but what got me here was the desire to find what I could get for cash to drive to work at anything better than the 12 mpg's I was getting with my truck. I am happy to report that what I did today was calculate my mpg on my last fill up and it is.......25.8!!!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You beat my best, which was 24 MPG driving 400 miles from VA to OH shortly after I bought it. No mods at the time so it weighed a lot less then.