What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Me or them ? LOL
Heck I have had at least 3 people try and tell me that I had a Wrangler frame under the 04 to get it that high !
Told one guy to look and see , response was I don't know what a wrangler frame looks like so I still say you have one
Of course was also told it was a Land Cruiser , not a Jeep Liberty
Makes me want to cram a Liberty drivetrain under a Super Beetle shell...that'll show 'em!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was recently asked why I had a Liberty shell on a Tacoma. Dude was driving a PT Cruiser so...
reminds me. dodge neon and pt crusier have the same wheel base as a liberty. still want to do a body swap on to the KJ, and really freak people out. Which would be better: neon towing neon? or pt cruiser. :D

Reactions: klc

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably wouldn't lift it that high, or run that big a tire, but i'm glad you approve of the general idea. :D

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Oh a PT cruiser for sure
You must be registered for see images attach

I would DD this every day LOL
Either what would make it more useful. On the other hand, wasn’t there a law enforcement Neon?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Ran errands all over town after work. Ordered a few odds and ends for field season. Put new rear suspension on my 14 year old pug. Was gonna do a lift, but Wifey said no.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked the juices, and wriggled underneath to get eyes on the suspension and drive train. No rust on the body. None. The rear UCA looks new-ish, I wonder if it got replaced with the lowers. I’ll look into that next time. CV boots haven’t faded to grey, everything feels properly firm. I could see some marks near the bolts for the front LCA’s, so they’ve been out at some point. The front arms look to be original, or at least old. Nothing obviously wrong with the front ball joints, but looking more old than new.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked the juices, and wriggled underneath to get eyes on the suspension and drive train. No rust on the body. None. The rear UCA looks new-ish, I wonder if it got replaced with the lowers. I’ll look into that next time. CV boots haven’t faded to grey, everything feels properly firm. I could see some marks near the bolts for the front LCA’s, so they’ve been out at some point. The front arms look to be original, or at least old. Nothing obviously wrong with the front ball joints, but looking more old than new.
No way to tell if parts are bad by looking really
Like LBJs they can be ready to fail and still look good
Jack them up and check to be sure

If you have had an alignment recently then that is why bolts on LCA have been touched

GBsKJ

Reaction score
Well, since my daughters Liberty popped a hose yesterday, decided to replace my upper and lower in the Renegade. Doing a flush now, then new Zerex G05 going in.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way to tell if parts are bad by looking really
Like LBJs they can be ready to fail and still look good
Jack them up and check to be sure

If you have had an alignment recently then that is why bolts on LCA have been touched
Right. Just trying to locate all the things today so I can get used to this.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Headed to the scrapyard today to recoup some cost. Have 2.5 Liberties of junk suspension, the junk front suspension out of a Nissan, and a bunch of old VW alternators and batteries and such I've been letting pile up for a few years. I need a motorcycle lift for VW engine swaps and a bunch of steel to practice my welding on. Hoping I'll find a few of those Amazon special jeep bumpers I can cut up and reweld as practice, then sell to some sucker of FB marketplace because the look cool. LOL

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Headed to the scrapyard today to recoup some cost. Have 2.5 Liberties of junk suspension, the junk front suspension out of a Nissan, and a bunch of old VW alternators and batteries and such I've been letting pile up for a few years. I need a motorcycle lift for VW engine swaps and a bunch of steel to practice my welding on. Hoping I'll find a few of those Amazon special jeep bumpers I can cut up and reweld as practice, then sell to some sucker of FB marketplace because the look cool. LOL
Stop on by, I have about a tri axle dump truck load of stock KJ, XJ, TJ old suspension parts, several old diffs from 44s, 60s, 9 inch , bumpers and what ever else you want to find LOL