What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Got the new brake lines in. Discovered I had a Bleeding bottle kit hanging on the wall in the garage I’d never used.

Ban.g Boom. Zip! Easy peasey.

That fixed the driverside front hanging, but the passenger front caliper is shot.

Can’t catch a brake it seems. Pun intended.

Guess it’s time to buy them shiny red powder coat calipers from powerstop.

Yay?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Happiness:
You must be registered for see images attach
Oh just a heads up on these:

If your vendor of choice does not have them on the shelf, the lead time is about three months direct from the land of Oz.

Definitely worth the wait, but plan your builds accordingly!

Reading the tracking data, this pair stopped at the freight terminal in Omaha twice (once in each direction) before returning a third time to get to my house. :rolleyes:

LA to Jacksonville. Pause at Omaha. Jacksonville to San Diego. Pause at Omaha. San Diego to Omaha.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes ya wonder what the heck is going on
Like a package I sent my wife , to WINSTON SALEM NC , mailed it on a Monday, they say delivery to be Wednesday
Thursday its in Greenville NC an hour away from her , sat three days, The next Monday its in Charlotte NC, was there sightseeing 4 days I guess
Then goes back to Greenville sat there for another 2 days
Then she calls saying Thanks for the package
Shows it is still in Greenville , next day I get notice it is Winston Salem and out to be delivered

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and b.lew a significant part of my 2022 excursion fund to purchase (I'll recoup it with my tax return. I don't need new dentures that badly...lol) a welding rig, update my welding helmet, some new welding gloves, and a bunch of spools. I also ordered a bunch of steel stock and appropriate gasses.

Po.oo or get off the p.ot Johnny. Only way to get a Liberator bumper and something nice for the rear. And a better roof cargo rig. Gonna put the VW in a dang storage locker for now- its too cold to drive that death trap anyway.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the EVAP Purge Valve replaced. Now I wait a week to see if the Check Engine light stays off. Next Friday I’ll be getting a second opinion on various things the dealer recommended fixing.

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Question is the rack and pinion the same design for automatic and manual 2007 Liberties ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and b.lew a significant part of my 2022 excursion fund to purchase (I'll recoup it with my tax return. I don't need new dentures that badly...lol) a welding rig, update my welding helmet, some new welding gloves, and a bunch of spools. I also ordered a bunch of steel stock and appropriate gasses.

Po.oo or get off the p.ot Johnny. Only way to get a Liberator bumper and something nice for the rear. And a better roof cargo rig. Gonna put the VW in a dang storage locker for now- its too cold to drive that death trap anyway.
Should I start digging out roof rack ideas , I had two different styles for Rock Lizard, never got the third flat one though

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Thank you tommudd I just picked up a Endurance Remanufactured Rack & Pinion 64296, power steering hoses, moog bushing kit and caliper rebuild kit for the Manual 07 KJ under $50 and wanted to make sure it will fit
You must be registered for see images attach

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Should I start digging out roof rack ideas , I had two different styles for Rock Lizard, never got the third flat one though
Not yet…gotta do the front bumper first…then the rear… and with my work schedule and projects that gotta get done first you’ll have till at least September lol

Plus I really gotta practice. Even after wasting all that aluminum last summer I’m badly out of practice.

Probably should save some money and take a community college course to refresh me.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-26c here this morning,had to gently pry open drivers door to get in the 07,then had to pry open the hood to boost to get it running.
Then had to work it in 4wd to get out of the ice it was frozen in.
Then we lost power, and had to get the generator out and running,then off to grocery store.
Got back from town and power was restored,packed up generator and now I'm going for some ZZZ's till supper time.

Gyro

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.