What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Waiting on parts. Been playing around with cardstock trying to recreate a scale model of the Liberator bumper. I suspect those dudes at Toledo got pretty creative. I’d bet they pulled at least part of the reinforcement bar to install the real deal.

However, I think I figured out how the finagled a winch in there.

Which I could find out what winch that used though.
No all stock except for grill basically
Like I stated before , I was parked beside it one whole day at the Jeep Show at the " JEEP Plant "
So looked it over well

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
No all stock except for grill basically
Like I stated before , I was parked beside it one whole day at the Jeep Show at the " JEEP Plant "
So looked it over well
Perhaps the differences I’m seeing are due to it being a CRD?
This has me a bit confused:
You must be registered for see images attach

Particularly that shaped bar forward of the sway bar.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is just there to protect the front of the suspension, it was part of the bumper
Now the suspension one a one off, custom coilovers , plus had different spindles on it that were machined and back in the day it was stated over 20,000 for them by skyjacker ( off the records )
Plus rear flares were custom built
keep remembering things about it

tssphoto

Reaction score
Today I replaced rear shocks, coil springs and bump stops. Super easy job and well worth the time to do. Rides about an inch higher and no more body roll. Soon the front end will be getting refurbished. Anything that can be changed will be changed. struts, tie rod ends, all ball joints, spindles, both axles etc...

All new disks, brake pads and hardware. The cylinders were in great shape. All new fluids, with the exception of the trans. I did all this the other day.

No rust, the engine runs like new and the interior is super clean. I feel it's worth replacing all wear items to make it like new. (140,000 miles)

Where did you get that rear step? I want that! Looks like it just slides into the hitch receiver?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Where did you get that rear step? I want that! Looks like it just slides into the hitch receiver?
These are readily available everywhere 4x4 stuff is sold in a variety of styles. There are two downsides: the are readily stolen if you don't have an appropriate lock bar. Second they limit your off road ability by extending the over all length of the vehicle.

I do enjoy the step function and the excellent strap recovery point of this one. I had mine blasted to bare metal and it is currently off for powder coat in JBA red.

When needed, I use this version (about 60USD through Amazon):

tssphoto

Reaction score
These are readily available everywhere 4x4 stuff is sold in a variety of styles. There are two downsides: the are readily stolen if you don't have an appropriate lock bar. Second they limit your off road ability by extending the over all length of the vehicle.

I do enjoy the step function and the excellent strap recovery point of this one. I had mine blasted to bare metal and it is currently off for powder coat in JBA red.

I've seen these before but I really like the one you have, it just looks good and has the 2 steps. I searched but didn't see your exact one. Amazon does have a GoRhino one that looks closest to yours. Thanks for the info!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I've seen these before but I really like the one you have, it just looks good and has the 2 steps. I searched but didn't see your exact one. Amazon does have a GoRhino one that looks closest to yours. Thanks for the info!
This one is in fact the go rhino. It has many reviews stating it gets bent easily as it is hollow tubing. There are numerous clones of that design on ebay.
The one I use is a knock off of the smitty built, but is superior to it at the same price. (the smitty built has no traction cast on it)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

I bought one of the be a ve r tails when they first came out years ago, great thing to have and works great on recovers
and mine is solid , not tubing

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Noob question: What is a "cradle drop"?
That is when you drop the whole cradle down 1/4 inch or so to makeup for higher suspensions ( some think )
But then you run into other issues
seen a few done on the forums but not many , if any, kept them
Now again, get on facebook and everyone and their cousin thinks its better than raisin pie
Old Easyrider reference there for the younger generation LOL

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
That is when you drop the whole cradle down 1/4 inch or so to makeup for higher suspensions ( some think )
But then you run into other issues
seen a few done on the forums but not many , if any, kept them
Now again, get on facebook and everyone and their cousin thinks its better than raisin pie
Old Easyrider reference there for the younger generation LOL
Raisin pie!

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Quick Sedona trip today Diamondback gulch...great trail pics dont do it justice ,first time doing it..decided to take the kj and the tj out ...been wheelin hard last few wks akd now I got a moist rear shock as a thank you lol,oh well worth it

Latest posts

Members online