What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
States or off road parks?
Yes.

In most states fenders are required equipment to be street legal. Additionally, many states have laws that limit or prohibit extension of tires beyond the vehicle body. Most if not all off road parks have strict requirements along the same lines for liability concerns.

Do proper research before it becomes a potentially expensive error.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I dig removing the front fender plastics. I would really like to take mine off and build a flat fender like you can buy off the shelf for the JKs.
Lots of small pockets for mud, snow, dirt to build up in there
all of mine have the inner wheelwell pieces in tact , wheel except where they are cut for the various aftermarket bumpers
Did you flatten over the pinchwelds yet ?

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of small pockets for mud, snow, dirt to build up in there
all of mine have the inner wheelwell pieces in tact , wheel except where they are cut for the various aftermarket bumpers
Did you flatten over the pinchwelds yet ?
Yes pinch welds are flattened. Just have to address the front bumper. Other than that tires clear just fine.

I do want a bumper with a winch mount in the future. Not sure if I’m into paying $1,500 for ARBs bumper though. Thoughts crossed my mind to build one (have tools and resources to do so), looking at a JK stubby bumper and modifying to for. Just don’t care for all that they leave exposed on a KJ

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of people try the Wrangler bumpers, never have seen one yet look good though
ARB is the best I ran one for years , took out many deer, a Camry and GMC 3/4 ton pickup with only a couple of scratches

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree on both points but lots of $$$ for an ARB.
Every now and again you can find a used one
I lucked out finding mine in early 2005 for my 04
Guy lifted his sons new KJ with a spacer lift
after replacing 3 UCAs in front, 2 blown shocks in front and numerous other worn out parts in less than a year he stated the KJ was not able to be lifted
So, I found out about it, drove over 6 hours to pick it up and paid 250 bucks for it , plus a Rocky Road spacer lift ( which I use as a door stop for the shop LOL )
Also a show and tell part

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the battery and had the brake fluid checked. I bought the car six months ago and now I’m working through the list of things that need attention.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced the battery and had the brake fluid checked. I bought the car six months ago and now I’m working through the list of things that need attention.
I always start at the front and replace, flush, fill every item from there
Just be sure to use the right parts and fluids when replacing
HOAT coolant NGK spark plugs etc
and
Welcome aboard

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always start at the front and replace, flush, fill every item from there
Just be sure to use the right parts and fluids when replacing
HOAT coolant NGK spark plugs etc
and
Welcome aboard
Yeah, that’s pretty much what i’m doing. I had the lines for the transmission cooler replaced yesterday. Hopefully I can learn more stuff here.

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every now and again you can find a used one
I lucked out finding mine in early 2005 for my 04
Guy lifted his sons new KJ with a spacer lift
after replacing 3 UCAs in front, 2 blown shocks in front and numerous other worn out parts in less than a year he stated the KJ was not able to be lifted
So, I found out about it, drove over 6 hours to pick it up and paid 250 bucks for it , plus a Rocky Road spacer lift ( which I use as a door stop for the shop LOL )
Also a show and tell part
Right. Kinda been surfing Craigslist for a bumper. But doubtful I’ll ever find one local to me. As I don’t think I’ve even seen a lifter Liberty around here.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Right. Kinda been surfing Craigslist for a bumper. But doubtful I’ll ever find one local to me. As I don’t think I’ve even seen a lifter Liberty around here.
Facebook as well
Just found one for an 02-04 for 350 bucks
In VA so they are out there hiding
You need 05-07 of course , but ,,,,,

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Facebook as well
Just found one for an 02-04 for 350 bucks
In VA so they are out there hiding
You need 05-07 of course , but ,,,,,
Dang. Got rid of FB a while ago. Maybe I’ll have my GF look.

What the difference between the 02-04 and 05-07? Can I do some fab work to make it fit?

Latest posts

Members online