What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Finally solved the forward prop shaft flex boot issue. Bert ate a Mopar neoprene, a Doorman BUNA-A, and a Nissan mesh grid neoprene over the last few months. Put and EMPI style silicone on a month ago. Checked it today and it looks like new. Hooray for Baja tested components!

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After spending a night at work b/c the battery died, got a nice new battery under my 36 month replacement. I'm so happy that when the guy asked me to turn it over so he could test the starter and alternator, all it could manage was a solid "CLICK", thus proving that it was clearly DEAD.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New blower motor resistor on the 06.
Had to go with the stock type, local Napa is out of the sebring type and can't get them.

Gyro

Liberty For All

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question: the replacement radiator I purchased has 2 extra ports on the passenger side rear of the unit. Can I just plug them or do I return the radiator for one without the ports? Previous radiator did not have them.
Those are for if you have an Automatic Trans. When I replaced the radiator on my 2005 just let those be. I have a manual trans.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
No time to work on Bert the Science Mobile due to my day job, but closed the deal (450$ title in hand) on that 06 gasser 4x I have been eyeballing. Radiator isn't actually shot, just needs a hose replaced. Needs brakes and tires all the way round, and has the usual higher mileage wear and tear I would expect. Suspension was re-done two years ago, but needs ball joints. Started it up and read the codes- aren't any. It is actually in better shape than Bert was back in may.

Wifey doesn't know it yet, but for Xmas she is getting a jet black [Vehicle Name TBD] and new suspension in her dang Nissan so we can sell that hunk of junk.

Tricky part is going to be keeping it hidden until the holiday.

Also pondering if ARB/OME normally puts decals in with their parts. I could use a few to hide dings and such on Bert and haven't found a one in the various boxes.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've emailed ARB a couple times asking for stickers, and I get nerthin, not any response whatsoever.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also pondering if ARB/OME normally puts decals in with their parts. I could use a few to hide dings and such on Bert and haven't found a one in the various boxes.
I got some back a decade or so ago from OME USA.
Not sure whatever happened to them
But no they do not supply any with their products and have known many who asked and nothing

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No time to work on Bert the Science Mobile due to my day job, but closed the deal (450$ title in hand) on that 06 gasser 4x I have been eyeballing. Radiator isn't actually shot, just needs a hose replaced. Needs brakes and tires all the way round, and has the usual higher mileage wear and tear I would expect. Suspension was re-done two years ago, but needs ball joints. Started it up and read the codes- aren't any. It is actually in better shape than Bert was back in may.
Not a bad deal on that KJ, even if it is an 06
Even I would buy an 06 at that price, to repair and flip it quickly

Reaction score
Dropped a new AGM battery in the girlfriends jeep over the weekend. New radiator and coolant as well. Old battery wasn't dead or nothin, it was just a budget battery we got when we first got the Jeep, like $70 at Tractor Supply. Wanted AGM though due to the cold weather around here and the fact they dont leech like other battery's.

Reaction score
Tom, the torque converter shimmy is still there at 30 mph in 3rd. Would you try a second tube of Shudder Fixx or do you think I’m looking at the beginning of an expensive repair? :oops:
I had the same issue you are having now, and pretty much the same results. I had a shudder, added a tube of the fix, it helped slightly, but in the end I had to do a full rebuild.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Went to look at another 03 KJ today
Ad read like it was brand new including upgraded suspension , new brakes/tires/ recently regeared/ wheels etc
oh and no rust
Got there , rear window / plus hood would not stay up without the " broom " ( which he said I could have with it)
rusted out doors , upgraded suspension was Rough Country spacer lift on 90,000 mile springs and sat at 19.5 inches in front
leaked oil, rear boot on front driveshaft gone and so on and so on
I made my usually list of items to bring price down and he told me I was of my mind, since it was in perfect condition LOL
Well his 7000 dollar asking price way way off what I offered him , by 6500
He did ask what I was driving and then told me it wasn't a Jeep Liberty only the front fenders, hood and grill was
OH the regear was a rear diff from a 6 speed and front was stock , BOOM to happen soon with 3.55/3.73s
at least his girlfriend said I was driving a prutty " car "
At least they gave me a great laugh for the day

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How could you turn down that deal? Buy a Liberty and get a FREE BROOM? I guess if you bought the new Gladiator they might even throw in a vacuum cleaner! :D
If they would of thrown in the dust pan it may have been a deal
Dust pan was laying right there in the driveway !

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue you are having now, and pretty much the same results. I had a shudder, added a tube of the fix, it helped slightly, but in the end I had to do a full rebuild.
The shudder has pretty much gone away (like 90+%) over a couple of weeks. I know a rebuild will be in the cards eventually since I plan to keep this Jeep for a long time. The engine only has 100K on it.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Not a bad deal on that KJ, even if it is an 06
Even I would buy an 06 at that price, to repair and flip it quickly
That’s the plan- fix it up, have the wife drive it for the winter, sell that and the Nissan and then get her that Crosstrek Facebook tells her she wants come the thaw

Latest posts

Members online