What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a towing hitch installed and my restraint control module replaced under recalls today, which also happened to fix the Airbag warning light I had... :p

Also swapped the TCM with one pulled from a 2004 Grand Cherokee 4.7, so now my 3.7 is paired with a 545RFE.

Now see, when I had mine replaced, the light came on and stayed on. Luckily the Stealership claimed it was on when I pulled in, despite having a video of the dashboard from a few days earlier showing it not on. They also couldn't identify what is causing the light to come on with their computer.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A nice scenic run today Onion creek was beautiful. Wish I could post more pics and vids but it keeps telling me files are to big. For those interested check out my Instagram @Gio_letona got the vids and pics of the trip so far. Jeep as held together so far lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just ordered a third set of Rear Lower Control Arms for Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ 1999-2004, ( Adjustable Control Arms )
Length Adjustable Range: 17''- 20'', all in my family of KJs will have them now ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

A nice scenic run today Onion creek was beautiful. Wish I could post more pics and vids but it keeps telling me files are to big. For those interested check out my Instagram @Gio_letona got the vids and pics of the trip so far. Jeep as held together so far lol
Sure would be great to live close to an area like that , instead of hills, small mountains of the eastern USA
Sure plenty of good 4 wheeling, BUT not as scenic as what you are looking at
good pictures for sure
send more

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a third set of Rear Lower Control Arms for Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ 1999-2004, ( Adjustable Control Arms )
Length Adjustable Range: 17''- 20'', all in my family of KJs will have them now ;)

Okay so now I'm curious, what's the advantage of using these?
Is there a thread on this already?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay so now I'm curious, what's the advantage of using these?
Is there a thread on this already?
More articulation, Looks way better than stockers, but the ones I got before have stock like rubber control arm bushings at one end to ensure that no noise or vibrations are transmitted through the unibody and at the other end rebuildable Flex Joints for better flex and articulation, can also grease etc the one end
These are supposed to be the same just another company so hopefully they will be
Running the JBA rear upper tri link on the 03 and 04 , plus the lowers like described above
on the 05 I am having a new rear upper setup like JBAs built, bolt on etc
Then should be close to bullet proof, or as close as I can get without spending all my nickles ;)
I hate mashing the go pedal and you can feel any movement

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More articulation, Looks way better than stockers, but the ones I got before have stock like rubber control arm bushings at one end to ensure that no noise or vibrations are transmitted through the unibody and at the other end rebuildable Flex Joints for better flex and articulation, can also grease etc the one end
These are supposed to be the same just another company so hopefully they will be
Running the JBA rear upper tri link on the 03 and 04 , plus the lowers like described above
on the 05 I am having a new rear upper setup like JBAs built, bolt on etc
Then should be close to bullet proof, or as close as I can get without spending all my nickles ;)
I hate mashing the go pedal and you can feel any movement

Can these alone be used to correct the pinion angle on a lifted kj or does that come from the JBA tri link?

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure would be great to live close to an area like that , instead of hills, small mountains of the eastern USA
Sure plenty of good 4 wheeling, BUT not as scenic as what you are looking at
good pictures for sure
send more
yeah road tripped it with my 4yr to Utah 8 hrs one way but well worth it...he loves 4wheelin

Meyer

Reaction score
This should be a great thread that we can keep going. That way we can all keep up with the small day to day tinkering and give some ideas to those looking to do something! Pics are strongly encouraged!!! (Cheers)
Buying the paint to dip the rims and buying a TJ front bumper!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Buying the paint to dip the rims and buying a TJ front bumper!
What color dip are you doing the wheels in ?
I just got a shipment from dipyourcar, darker grey didn't want black since everyone and their Mother has black wheels and didn't see anything else that would look good on the 03

What bumper are you getting? Hopefully one you can cut a lot of metal off of in center area so its not out two feet on the sides

JeepCat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How lucky to have these places close, congrats, nice photos

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of a certain 2015 Cherokee that would be for sale if a buyer came along.....

I'd be in the market for a 2019 or later Trailhawk. After they worked out the "kinks" and "fixed" the headlights:cool:

We'll see what happens when I get all the estimates for the Transfer Case rebuild on the WK2

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so i'm trying to sort some numbers out here.
auto jeep liberty weighs 4033#, manual 4011#. let's just call that 4000# for both. I'm going to assume that's wet, but sans driver/passengers.
payload is the same, 1150#
towing: auto is rated 5000#, manual 3500#
GCWR: auto 7400#, manual 8750#

so doesn't that mean, if you hitched a full weight trailer to the auto, you're already illegal before you even climb in? 9000# GCW is more than the 7400# rating. and yet you can hitch up a fully loaded 3500# trailer and 1150# of people and goods in the manual jeep, and actually be UNDER GCWR, and as such, legal.

Chambers Hossein

Reaction score
Today I changed Jolene’s (2004 liberty) radiator due to a leak. Was planning on putting in the K&N intake at a later time, but got mad that the stock intake was in my way and said screw it. Also painted the grill black. Hopefully getting new fenders soon.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Today I changed Jolene’s (2004 liberty) radiator due to a leak. Was planning on putting in the K&N intake at a later time, but got mad that the stock intake was in my way and said screw it. Also painted the grill black. Hopefully getting new fenders soon.
K&N :( too bad stock one does way better unless you just like the noise

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to disabling my Viscous Heater...definitely not needed here in this hot climate!

Much to my surprise my 2002 Export 2.5 L CRD is now running much smoother!:) I had some rough noises before which I thought was maybe the valves or pistons packing up!o_O

This Heater was probably running most of the time and has worn out its bearings or the pump vanes?:confused:

Latest posts

Members online