What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it. Blasted the hell out of the AC. Nice and cold running down the road...

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loosened all lca boltsbefore re torqing with it on the ground. Spoke with dealership today, they of course very apologetic and asked if there was anything they could do to restore my trust, so now I'm getting a free alignment on Wednesday, it was on my list anyway.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've spent the last 4 days outside in 100F weather, loving every minute of it.
I'm insane like that. Also think I drank my weight in water on each of those days. At some point you just can't get any wetter, so you just keep on keeping on.

When I used to work security at the track directing traffic, You get used to the heat after the initial burn. But I will say after working indoors, you like the shade and sub 75f temps.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen dealerships install new LCA with the KJ up on a rack , fully tighten them down, stupid and lazy. Asked the Service Manager if they did all upper and lower control arms that way and his reply was " of course " Glad it wasn't mine on the rack ! Of course was my buddys and he was :favorites68:

I was getting my oil changed the other day and the people in the office where amazed because some lady got the wrong tire size on her High Altitude 2016 Jeep from the dealer. After 20+ minutes and multiple people checking, they realized one door was replaced, and the one sticker was for the original Jeep. There was an additional sticker on the jeep that was specially ordered b/c it matched the VIN on the hood, but the two stickers disagreed, and only the one that matched the VIN was correct.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen dealerships install new LCA with the KJ up on a rack , fully tighten them down, stupid and lazy. Asked the Service Manager if they did all upper and lower control arms that way and his reply was " of course " Glad it wasn't mine on the rack ! Of course was my buddys and he was :favorites68:

Looks like I'll be doing a re-torque after I get mine done.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed with Chemical guys mr. pink
Quick wax with Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All
Buffed headlight with Miguiars Scratch X 2.0 and a cheap amazon foam buffer that attaches to a drill.

This is my first time using this stuff. I am not too impressed with the Mr. Pink its car wash think zip wax is better. I love the scratch x the buffing kit and the wash wax all is so easy and leaves a very smooth finish.

You must be registered for see images attach

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed the rear gear oil and i had forgotten how awesome it smells

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Buffed headlight with Miguiars Scratch X 2.0 and a cheap amazon foam buffer that attaches to a drill.

This is my first time using this stuff. I am not too impressed with the Mr. Pink its car wash think zip wax is better. I love the scratch x the buffing kit and the wash wax all is so easy and leaves a very smooth finish.

JAX WAX products .............

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the front pads and rotors and cleaned up the calipers. One slide pin was stuck but ot moves more freely now. I think ill get a hardware kit for it and replace the slides and boots.
Unfortunately, i was a little careless when reassembling it all and the ABS sensor on the front right rubbed against the wheel exposing the wires. Now the ABS light is on. Time for a new sensor :Insane:
On that note, can anyone tell me where i can find the connector for the ABS sensor in the engine bay? Ive included a picture and you can see the ungodly mess of wires im dealing with...
61979[/ATTACH]"]

61981[/ATTACH]"]

61983[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• G0ACre9l.jpg
    G0ACre9l.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • 4r7lbj1l.jpg
    4r7lbj1l.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ykCM4Dzl.jpg
    ykCM4Dzl.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right behind the battery on the left and pretty much the same place on the right right on top of the fenders. At least that's where mine are.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 2 JBA Y link extensions. Hopefully it will clean up any vibes the 02 has and help save the upper arm. I’ll check with the angle finder again see what the pinion angle is
Still getting vibes up front...
The other will be on the 03 when I install the lift.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks clean and sharp.
That Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 sure is a good product I used to remove the oxidation in the headlights I was impressed by the finish.
It's good that you have another KJ Bright Silver Metallic.
It's pretty but I liked the blue pearl you had first. Cheers!

Curious natural effect that I notice in the first two photos.
The diagonal shadow on the right side where the fog light is.
It gives us an idea to create and modify a cut in the bumper without having to eliminate the fog light.
I have pending to make this type of modification in the not too distant future. Regards!

Last edited:

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It looks clean and sharp.
That Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 sure is a good product I used to remove the oxidation in the headlights I was impressed by the finish.
It's good that you have another KJ Bright Silver Metallic.
It's pretty but I liked the blue pearl you had first. Cheers!

Curious natural effect that I notice in the first two photos.
The diagonal shadow on the right side where the fog light is.
It gives us an idea to create and modify a cut in the bumper without having to eliminate the fog light.
I have pending to make this type of modification in the not too distant future. Regards!

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looked at it sitting on jack stands waiting for me to get back to working on it

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used it as a mule to go turn money into noise and sweet smelling smoke. (guns).

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my free alignment today, everything appears to be in spec other than camber. 0.3°left and 0.4°right. They said camber adjustment was maxed. I've only done a short distance so far, but it seems much more way lots better. Some of the before measurements were really wacky.