What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samsolo49

Reaction score
I ordered through them because they were the only ones who had 23 spline nuts in black by Gorilla(they had great reviews & came recommended). I emailed them because I didn't make an account when I ordered through paypal and got no updates. They replied today with the tracking number, and it says they were delivered on Tuesday during the Nor'Easter and "The package was left at the garage/side or back door/porch.".

I'm semi-rural, so USPS is pretty reliable(UPS has delivered a package for the High School across the street to my porch), but I checked all around my house and my garage and barn, and no package.
Oh, when I originally ordered the lift through quadratech I bought wheels and tires from 4wheel parts, with center caps and new black lugnuts. I specified white lettering out and they balance them before they ship, got them pretty quick, 4-5 days. But promptly had to have them balanced again locally and out of 5 wheels and tires all with white lettering facing out, they had one backwards and I had to have it remounted and balanced too. Looks awesome though. Still waiting for the time to put on my arb bumper and winch. But not doing anything in the near future where I'll need the winch so no hurry. It's sitting in the garage waiting.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Another round trip to Winston Salem NC
Wife was on Spring Break, so took her back this weekend
Blew all the bugs and carbon out of the KJ anyways

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Started it and backed it out of the garage for the first time in 10 days. Same for the XJ and the KL.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jeep is mostly fixed from the accident, but still need to have some more body work done, I need to have some patches welded into the rockers and I also need the rust on the doors treated. Even though its no longer my daily driver the jeep is still my favorite vehicle to drive.

Renedave

Reaction score
Finally got the new transfer case shifter in. What should've been a two hour job turned into a two day job between the cable bracket that needed a pry bar to remove and St. Patrick's Day celebrations.

Installed a new eBay rear view mirror while at it. No idea how/why, but the silvering on the old one had discolored and separated all the way around the edges.

While under the Jeep I noticed I'd lucked into a screw that was filling a hole in a rear tire. Pretty much ready for a new set of rubber anyway, so looks like it's tire shopping time.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
set out to buy a bushing for the steering rack....figured since ill need to remove the rack anyway might as well replace it with a remand

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a horse named Trigger as well,
nice you took it out to the range to ride the wide open spaces !!

I had a pony, her name was Lucifer
She broke her leg and needed shootin'
I swear it hurt me more than it hurted her
-Bob Dylan

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today's Tasks(Link)

Found my missing Lugnuts(New USPS guy delivered them to the wrong address and it took the person 5 days to return them and I picked them up from the Post Office. BTW, from what USPS told me, when the mailperson scans a package, it actually records a GPS location, so they can tell almost exactly where the package was put.)

Put the spare tire ones on. BTW, if you order the 23 lug nut set from Quadratec, there are 5 nuts that REQUIRE a specialized tool, and the other 18 are "generic". So 5 don't have the same spline set-up that the other 18 do. The special ones are marked with a G on top of the lug. Also, the "key" needs either a 3/4 or 13/16 wrench to turn. 3/4 is the end of the key, and 13/16 is further down, so the stock lug wrench will engage the very end of the key, which might make it too torqued. I'm buying a 13/16" socket for my breaker bar/torque wrench.

Also, while at the Post Office, I decided to replace my radiator cap, because it was cracked/missing rubber. Only difference was the one installed was 16psi and PepBoys computer insisted it should be 18psi. Will that matter?

I also brought the Jeep to my mechanic to find out about the rumble strip noise. I'll update that post to reflect what they found.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd feel better with the 16PSI. I ran across the same thing when I replaced mine.
Here's the Mopar PN: 05278697aa
Stant: 10230

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd feel better with the 16PSI. I ran across the same thing when I replaced mine.
Here's the Mopar PN: 05278697aa
Stant: 10230

UGH. I already installed it. I asked the guy behind the counter if it was 16 PSI, and he suggested that someone replaced it with the wrong one before I got it, and I trusted his system and the look of the cap, which I noted had no cracked gasket at the top and a full gasket on the bottom.

Would/Could the 2 PSI really damage anything?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
UGH. I already installed it. I asked the guy behind the counter if it was 16 PSI, and he suggested that someone replaced it with the wrong one before I got it, and I trusted his system and the look of the cap, which I noted had no cracked gasket at the top and a full gasket on the bottom.

Would/Could the 2 PSI really damage anything?

Get the proper one

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
With my old rack, the bushings were seized into the rack. Couldn't get them out, not that it mattered since I was replacing the whole thing anyway.

It's worth trying to take just the bushings out, still beats replacing the rack. Although if the rack is leaking or displaying other symptoms of failure (clunking), probably wise to just replace it.