What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was enjoying driving it and very happy with the results of my new CV axle and intermediate shaft. That feeling lasted less than a week as I now have a sticking rear brake and/or e-brake. All pads, rotors, and e-brake shoes were replaced a month ago. I was driving home and thinking that someones brakes were burning it..yep, it was me! Rear drivers side wheel was almost too hot to touch.:favorites68:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was enjoying driving it and very happy with the results of my new CV axle and intermediate shaft. That feeling lasted less than a week as I now have a sticking rear brake and/or e-brake. All pads, rotors, and e-brake shoes were replaced a month ago. I was driving home and thinking that someones brakes were burning it..yep, it was me! Rear drivers side wheel was almost too hot to touch.:favorites68:

My immediate thought is brake line. I've had them collapse and all but lock a brake up.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx. I can't find a 4.10 anywhere for less than $1400. They seem to be off the U-Pulls as soon as they settle off the wrecker in the lot. Got a guy at work who loves to do massive 4x4 mods and he's like "it's simple". I was thinking "maybe for you". Not sure my 4 link would bolt up and that means welding.

Ugggh. Guess I'm relegated to my current setup.

Nerf bars will be here Monday though

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thx. I can't find a 4.10 anywhere for less than $1400. They seem to be off the U-Pulls as soon as they settle off the wrecker in the lot. Got a guy at work who loves to do massive 4x4 mods and he's like "it's simple". I was thinking "maybe for you". Not sure my 4 link would bolt up and that means welding.

Ugggh. Guess I'm relegated to my current setup.

Nerf bars will be here Monday though

1400 for the 4 cylinder diffs ??
Last front and rear , well I got for less than a third of that for front and rear
4 link would not bolt up to what ?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Time to charge the Odyssey battery. Was at about 75% this AM in cooler temps.
It had a good run 3 days ago, but it is getting old, like all of us Lol.
60131[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Automatic charger will probably run for 4 hours at 14+v then float charge at 13.7.
Going to leave it plugged in for a few days now, to bring it back up to speed again.

Attachments

• 0yO81J9.jpg
    0yO81J9.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 0

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture showing the entire under carriage? Like on a lift looking up? If the front diff is removed even better.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1400 for the 4 cylinder diffs ??
Last front and rear , well I got for less than a third of that for front and rear
4 link would not bolt up to what ?

4 cylinder KJ Diff set, right? Do the Wranglers/Cherokee's/et al have the same boomerang/tri-link setup? Seriously - can't find that stuff anywhere I've looked around here. They get yanked and sold cuz folks appear to know their value to the large Jeep crowd here.

Now, I'll grant you there may be some dude with a grove or field filled with stuff I'm unaware of. I think y'all have the advantage of a much higher populace relative to what's going on here, so options are limited. Though, admittedly, you can't throw a dead cat without hitting a Libby here - but all I've seen are the 6 cylinders.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
4 cylinder KJ Diff set, right? YES 4 CYLINDER KJS

Do the Wranglers/Cherokee's/et al have the same boomerang/tri-link setup? NO ON THE WRANGLER / CHEROKEE , GRAND CHEROKEE HAS A SIMILAR SETUP BUT DIFFERENT REAR MOUNT

Seriously - can't find that stuff anywhere I've looked around here. They get yanked and sold cuz folks appear to know their value to the large Jeep crowd here.

Now, I'll grant you there may be some dude with a grove or field filled with stuff I'm unaware of. I think y'all have the advantage of a much higher populace relative to what's going on here, so options are limited. Though, admittedly, you can't throw a dead cat without hitting a Libby here - but all I've seen are the 6 cylinders.

There ya go
Most all here are the 6's as well takes a lot of hunting and looking

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Had a chance to buy a 4 cylinder KJ for $500 this past summer, well at least saw it on CL and inquired about it, it was sold...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't believe that many people are looking to regear...but why else would you want a 4cyl KJ?

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to adding the front skid plate and put a winch I had laying around on. Don't know if it's staying yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to adding the front skid plate and put a winch I had laying around on. Don't know if it's staying yet.

we match kinda

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

I see you mounted it the " stock way"

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Myke yes they do look similar. Haven't tried mine in situations like yours yet though.

Tom what is the other way to mount it? I tried to get it to tuck up as far as I could. Assuming you are talking about the skid plate?

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 cylinder KJ Diff set, right? Do the Wranglers/Cherokee's/et al have the same boomerang/tri-link setup? Seriously - can't find that stuff anywhere I've looked around here. They get yanked and sold cuz folks appear to know their value to the large Jeep crowd here.

Even junkyard 3.7 engines and 45RFE/42RLE transmission are like impossible to find around here. I've been to pretty much every you-pull junkyard in Colorado. Of all the Liberties I've seen, I don't think any still had the transmission and/or engine.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soo split my tank of gas into two types of driving. First half I took it easy. Accelerated slowly. Kept my speed to a limit. Second half I drove like a madman. Peeling out at every light.
Guess what! Gas mileage was exactly the same. Guess I get to drive exactly how I want. The pig seemed happier in the mud anyhow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk