What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes thats what I do, they know me, know what I own and get my parts right away with discount . No messing around

Yeah, me too and they know me cause I get OEM stuff there. I want my parts right now, my beer real cold, and my women real hot.....LOL

Dave

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well looks like I'm striking out. Ran fine for a whole day. Started acting up again today when I left for work. Unreal. With winter approaching this IS my daily / winter vehicle

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM only for some things like coil paks, o2 sensors and such.

I just walk into the dealer parts dpt and tell him what I need and he just gets them from in back because they stock them there and I get them immediately (I want stuff right now when I'm fixing something and because I am impatient and too old to wait for stuff) and they are OEM quality. I get a 10% discount because I get stuff there and asked for a discount. Ask for a discount. After you go there a couple of times, ask again and you will get it.

That's just me.

Dave
I have a account at one Chrysler dealership,I get parts for cost+10%,and of course tax.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the 10% thing is nice - covers the tax for me but sometimes the parts are ridiculous when aftermarket could work the same if not better. All depends on what part/s it is

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems on the KJs very few parts work better than MOPAR
and non better I'd much rather spend a nickle more today than spend a dollar a few weeks down the road
Just like one guy made fun of me for going with a MOPAR radiator
he went cheap, 11 radiators later in less than two years he went MOPAR
Tri - links, cheap ones 3 months for me, MOPAR miles and miles

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually just order the real Mopar stuff at one of those on line wholesale places like Moparonlineparts or Factorychryslerparts if I can't find it on Rockauto, ebay or Amazon. I don't have a convenient dealer on my daily route. I order my Ford stuff online at Fordparts.com and pickup at a local dealer. I get great pricing doing that (well as good as it gets for Ford/Motorcraft stuff). Don't think I've ever seen an on line Mopar network like that.

BTW anyone know a good Chrysler dealership around Albany/Troy NY? Need a recall done on my Avenger and it's "out of town" right now.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did this today:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

working on upgrading to power heated leather seats... found some... uhhhh... residue under the carpet and center console. Needless to say - YUCK. Somebody had a dog that loved soda apparently because it was a sticky hairy mess under there. I took the wire brush on the drill to remove some surface rust and painted it flat silver over the whole area. No major issues, just one too many sodas (beer) got spilled and not cleaned up by the original owner. And the damn dog hair... nasty.puke.gif

Check out my journal for more details on the progress - or lack there-of - on my seats.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Threw in another 4.10 rear diff yesterday. Not much difference since I had 4.10s before but through some wheeling and dealing traded a 48 Harley gas tank for a DTT, brand new one still in the box. Great deal since I picked up the gas tank a few years back for next to nothing. :gr_grin:
Was going to do this a week or so ago but you know how life happens:emotions34:
Now to hook my enclosed trailer on, load up some furniture in it and head to Winston-Salem NC. My wife found a nice place to move to finally after a month being down there and looking.
Also finally got that last bit of vibration out of the driveline. Only had some at 45-50 at WOT. But annoying so adjusted the JBA bolt on a little, drive it, adjust a bit more and done !

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0301 is back this morning. Occasionally stumble at idle. Drives fine. Then is started missing again and triples the light. I can't win with this jeep. If I can't figure anything out I'll post a thread and list ecerything I've checked so far.

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0301 is back this morning. Occasionally stumble at idle. Drives fine. Then is started missing again and triples the light. I can't win with this jeep. If I can't figure anything out I'll post a thread and list ecerything I've checked so far.

Mine kept doing something like that too. It would only act up occasionally when it was cold, but steadily got worse. I changed plugs, checked coils, put in injector cleaner and even got the dealer ship stumped.

Long story short, by O2 sensor was bad. It didn't throw a code itself because it was still providing voltage within the spec range, even though the voltage provided was incorrect.

Give it a shot, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine kept doing something like that too. It would only act up occasionally when it was cold, but steadily got worse. I changed plugs, checked coils, put in injector cleaner and even got the dealer ship stumped.

Long story short, by O2 sensor was bad. It didn't throw a code itself because it was still providing voltage within the spec range, even though the voltage provided was incorrect.

Give it a shot, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I had a p0153 come and go.
Edit besides $160 on mopar - is denso a good equivalent?

Last edited:

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How big of a PITA is it to change out diff gears? Probably not a job for the newbie, I'm guessing.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How big of a PITA is it to change out diff gears? Probably not a job for the newbie, I'm guessing.

It's easier to swap the rear axle/front diff from a 4 cylinder. I was able to swap my rear axle in the street with some basic tools but I did use an air gun to break some bolts loose so if you don't have air tools you'll need a big breaker bar.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

No not for a newbie , and not something you learn on YouTube
Takes the right tools etc
I used to do gear swaps back years ago but last set I had done just let someone do it that does it daily

And yes if you can find a low mileage 4 cylinder and swap over both diffs