What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zachr766

Reaction score
Installed a 2.5 inch lift.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

zachr766

Reaction score
One does not simply state that they installed a lift, need more facts
Just a daystar 2.5 spacer kit, took about 2 days fighting with it, me and my dad did it in our garage. Doesn't go Off road a lot, did it mainly for looks. Still has stock wheels with some "all terrains" tires.

04 jeep liberty Sport
111,700ish miles.

railink

Reaction score
Started scavenging

From my mishmash (even if it was silver) 02, took auto adjusting mirror out, the factory in dash 6 cd changer out. Placed the removed items into the corresponding positions on the red 07.

Don't have EVIC or OTIS, but have sunroof, weird thing on the 07 though. An Ambient Temp sensor? Maybe when I have more time, more investigating. Do not have heated mirrors on the 07, but do on the 02........decisions decisions.....

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Took the KL for a drive to get some deep fried goodness and snapped a few pics on the way.
You must be registered for see images attach

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my Jeep into ARB to get my front lockers fixed. It turns out the problem was a blown 30 cent fuse. I wasn't aware of the second fuse panel inside the cabin. I wish I knew about it 2 months ago when I needed it!

Anywho, for those interested, the air lockers draw the power for the compressor through the cigarette lighter. If that fuse blows, the compressor wont work. I was running a dash cam plugged into the cigarette lighter and the last time I used the lockers, the cam was on. This may have caused too much amperage to flow and blew the fuse.

Im glad it was a cheap and simple fix.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a daystar 2.5 spacer kit, took about 2 days fighting with it, me and my dad did it in our garage. Doesn't go Off road a lot, did it mainly for looks. Still has stock wheels with some "all terrains" tires.

04 jeep liberty Sport
111,700ish miles.

I'm sorry

Having issues, trying not to say , should of read first about spacer lifts
no matter if you never go off road

But I won't

Last edited:

zachr766

Reaction score
I'm sorry

But I won't
I read a lot before buying them. And after reading all the complaints and pros i decided to go with it.

zachr766

Reaction score
I'm sorry

But I won't
I read a lot about them before buying them. I took all the pros and cons into consideration, And for what I want there just fine, if I did actual offroading on a regular basis I would of invested more, but at the end of the day its my jeep and my decisions.

And if they end up causing major issues, ill admit my mistake abd replace the struts and springs or spend the money and do it right.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I read a lot about them before buying them. I took all the pros and cons into consideration, And for what I want there just fine, if I did actual offroading on a regular basis I would of invested more, but at the end of the day its my jeep and my decisions.

And if they end up causing major issues, ill admit my mistake abd replace the struts and springs or spend the money and do it right.

Not dogging you BUT spacer lifts do cause a lot of extra wear issues on front suspension parts and generally ride badly. Stock springs are junk from day one.
Have to remember many of us have been on these forums for 12-14 years and have seen what spacer lifts do.
YES it is your KJ and your money, just trying to help is all, hate to see any one waste money . Only ones who say they do not cause issues are people who have just installed them . I've removed a lot some after only a month. Driving daily on the roads put as much wear and tear on suspension parts as going off road for a few hours.
At the very least please install teraflex bumpstops in front and look into getting jeepinbyal upper control arms, will help a little in making it last a bit longer.
Sorry to rile you up, but,..... well carry on.

Last edited:

zachr766

Reaction score
Not dogging you BUT spacer lifts do cause a lot of extra wear issues on front suspension parts and generally ride badly. Stock springs are junk from day one.
Have to remember many of us have been on these forums for 12-14 years and have seen what spacer lifts do.
YES it is your KJ and your money, just trying to help is all, hate to see any one waste money . Only ones who say they do not cause issues are people who have just installed them . I've removed a lot some after only a month. Driving daily on the roads put as much wear and tear on suspension parts as going off road for a few hours.
Sorry to rile you up, but,..... well carry on.
I appreciate the input, thanks for actually explaining. But it is a jeep, so it will never be "done"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate the input, thanks for actually explaining. But it is a jeep, so it will never be "done"

Oh I know that, been building them for myself and others for over 40 years
My 04 I bought new was through several changes ( lifts/bumpers/ skids etc always changing ) over the years and 222,000 miles

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I got one too from another forum, was it for an el- cheapo-amazon @ $34.99?

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea lol
So they want to send me a free scanner or do I just email back a random address like my local police lol?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
^^LOL !:happy175:
IDK..but I just hit the next..or "delete" button...:gr_grin: