What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7 hrs later (learning curve), the front part of the lift is done. Sans

Sway bar links
UCA torqued
Air filter box back on
Battery tray back in
Stupid €%#>! Fuse box
Battery back in

Rear will hopefully be done tomorrow and alignment Saturday.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I be purchasing hockey pucks for a JBA rear lift? Forgot to ask Marlin earlier today. JBA Springs and JBA upgraded adjustable shocks

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Once the salt is off the roads here, Jeep is going to get some new rear's.
Found out Napa stocks them locally!
58839[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Looking forward to a bit more ride height too. :gr_grin:

Attachments

• Napa%20Monroe%2058649.jpg
    Napa%20Monroe%2058649.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 0

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the salt is off the roads here, Jeep is going to get some new rear's.
Found out Napa stocks them locally!
58841[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Looking forward to a bit more ride height too. :gr_grin:

Nice! Just letting you know to expect minimum compression over bumps until they are broken in a bit. To the point where it feels like the rear end bucks into the air over bumps.

Attachments

• Napa%20Monroe%2058649.jpg
    Napa%20Monroe%2058649.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 0

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the front diff oil. My gawd it was bad! Like pea soup! Ive had this jeep about 18mths now. Who knows when it was last changed. Ive got an ARB air locker in there too so im glad i changed it! Better do the rear diff now.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally have working factory DRL's, but not using the factory relay and I bypassed the BCM to do it. The DRL's can be turned off and the high beams work as they should. It took 4 relays and the factory high beam relay to make it work.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
^That sounds interesting ! Make a how 2 for that mod!!
My Canadian export came with DRL's, but ya I can not turn mine off..Unless you pull up on Parking brake handle ha ha..

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
finally have working factory DRL's, but not using the factory relay and I bypassed the BCM to do it. The DRL's can be turned off and the high beams work as they should. It took 4 relays and the factory high beam relay to make it work.

^That sounds interesting ! Make a how 2 for that mod!!...

Really, a How-To would make you a hero. There are a lot of requests for this. :waytogo:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you are a wiring magician.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did my first oil change on the KL...second one it's had I think. It ain't no high riding KJ, that's for sure. But the new cartridge style filter is neat. Makes the job cleaner.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did my first oil change on the KL...second one it's had I think. It ain't no high riding KJ, that's for sure. But the new cartridge style filter is neat. Makes the job cleaner.

Is the cartridge up top? My 11 Avenger is like this. Can change the oil without making any mess! Our 08 Sienna has a cartridge filter but it down bottom and a pain to predrain.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep it's up top, pre drains when you drain the oil! The dealer was actually less expensive than Walmart for a filter, $6.70 vs $10.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, the KJ oil filter can be a real mess but I have found out how to really minimize in to where you hardly spill any. After making a mess the first time I started to experiment with rags. I put a real absorbant rag right under the oil filter and fold it over a few times. Then I use an end cap oil filter wrench and just loosen the filter 1/4 turn so I can spin it off with my hand (faster and less messy) and turn it upright asap and then work it down between the front sway bar where the filter will just barely make it out. If you used the right absorbant rag and had it in just the right place you will not have a mess. You will hardly have any spill. I have changed the oil more times than I can count and the rag catches it all. Always do it from the bottom as I have the big fan shroud and can't even see it from the top. Besides, I can just get under mine without using ramps anyway.

Dave

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the KJ oil filter can be a real mess but I have found out how to really minimize in to where you hardly spill any. After making a mess the first time I started to experiment with rags. I put a real absorbant rag right under the oil filter and fold it over a few times. Then I use an end cap oil filter wrench and just loosen the filter 1/4 turn so I can spin it off with my hand (faster and less messy) and turn it upright asap and then work it down between the front sway bar where the filter will just barely make it out. If you used the right absorbant rag and had it in just the right place you will not have a mess. You will hardly have any spill. I have changed the oil more times than I can count and the rag catches it all. Always do it from the bottom as I have the big fan shroud and can't even see it from the top. Besides, I can just get under mine without using ramps anyway.

Dave

Turning it upright quick is my thing too. I have to take my fan out though just to get to the filter because of my front hitch haha.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the DRL's working, but I forgot to have them shut off when you turn the low beams on. When I am done I will post a how to for sure.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be able to turn off the DRL's if you have factory DRL's is to do the following:
first remove the DRL relay from the socket
next get 4 spade terminals, and 6 female spade terminals all 1/4 inch
then make 3 jumpers to go from the socket to the DRL relay
Then make a lead to go from either the number 85 or 86 pin slot in the socket to an on/off switch then run a lead from the on off switch to either the 85 or 86 pin on the relay.
This should work because all you are doing is just stopping the relay from activating, but the only thing is that your high beams will not work until you turn your on/off switch back on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online