What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiceElf

Reaction score
I drug her to my mechanic to get the ****** replaced. Best MPG I've gotten so far!
I should have her back on Saturday!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Put 60 miles on it and burned a quarter tank, not sure I like that
Ya I'm use to it..Lifted skids, recovery gear etc, mine weighs in around 5000lbs.
ha ha..
58534[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Welcome from another BC'er. :gr_grin:

Attachments

• GuzzlerToolShed%20Club.jpg
    GuzzlerToolShed%20Club.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind posting some pics when youre done? Ive been wanting to add this to my Jeep but haven't really seen a write up. Thanks

Yeah I can get some pics when I finish. Just so you know the way I am going to be doing this would require the removal of the spare tire and tire carrier.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the junkyard for the first time in my life.

The two 'self service' yards that are somewhat close to here didn't have any KJs, so I ended up having to drive two and a half hours to Denver.

2x Front LCA with all bolts
1x Extra set of LCA cam bolts
1x Full set of front UCA bolts
1x Knuckle (wanted to get the other side as well, but I couldn't get any of them off easily, and it was almost closing time)
2x Clevis bracket
1x Outside mirror glass (mine has a nasty scratch that's starting to rust)
3x Dash air vent
1x Shiny shifter cover from a Limited
4x Spare tire carrier

All of this for a whopping $121.

I don't need any spare tire carriers, but I saw that they're selling for around $40 on eBay. I just couldn't stop myself from getting every one I could get my hands on for $8 each :rotflmao:.

I didn't realize until I got back into my car that my Sport has a different middle console setup than the Limiteds, so I won't be able to use the shiny cover. Oh well, for the 2 bucks it cost me, not a big loss.

I am curious as to which of the yards you went to in Denver. As I am in this area as well and there are about three yards here that constantly have Liberty's. One of them has the best prices in town and the other two charge about double. Although I have found plenty in all three of them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Went to the new O'Reilly's that just opened today close by , only vehicle there when I pulled in. All 4 employees who were working there went to the window looking out. Then one guy walked over and said " Can you make my liberty look like that ?"
Sure thing ! Now I have a lift to do when he gets his taxes back and orders from the list of parts I gave him . Plus he said anything I want he can get it for me at his cost!
Almost forgot what I went in to buy !

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 07 rolled over 90,000kms today.
Found another liberty in my area on kijiji(have not bought it YET).
03 Burgundy w/55,000kms.
I'm scared to inquire about it,do I really need 3 Libertys.
Could always sell the 06 Renegade it's getting on 150,000kms.:Insane:

Gyro

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The 07 rolled over 90,000kms today.
Found another liberty in my area on kijiji(have not bought it YET).
03 Burgundy w/55,000kms.
I'm scared to inquire about it,do I really need 3 Libertys.
Could always sell the 06 Renegade it's getting on 150,000kms.:Insane:

Gyro

Sure you do, I had 4 at one time, down to 2 and looking ...looking hard :happy175:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my shed came. and my shed left.
they couldn't get it off the truck.
and the broke it in attempting to do so.

I am jack's thorough unhappiness. someone fscked up and now my $10k shed is broke.
Supposedly it's coming tomorrow, they'll get it off, and they'll fix it on site.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
my shed came. and my shed left.
they couldn't get it off the truck.
and the broke it in attempting to do so.

I am jack's thorough unhappiness. someone fscked up and now my $10k shed is broke.
Supposedly it's coming tomorrow, they'll get it off, and they'll fix it on site.

WOW :favorites68::Insane:
no other words , but I'm sure you've said them all already!

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I applied the new company decals
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove back to erie from cleveland ... saw a nice lifted KJ on the way and WJ.... and more police on the highway than i thought possible haha

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$&^>€ %^¥@!

Been a helluva week. Prepping for my JBA lift, I went to pound the pinch weld. Got the Jeep up on jackstands, driver side tire off and on to the passenger side.

Who ever put the tires on last had an impact wrench set to kiss-my-backside. Or you're-number-one... not using the index finger standard. Rounded 2 lugnuts and a boat load of $ later and a destroyed rim, I was back in business.

I found that using the heat gun and vice clamps over two pieces of wood to reset the factory mold worked best. Decided not to follow that on the second one and worked my way into a real mess. Recovered, but time costly... and really, still pretty ugly, though functional.

I decided to go with a smaller tire in order to widen the stance. I plan on putting a decent amount of weight on the roof racks with a Tepui Roof Top Tent, so I put Spidertrax spacers on to widen the stance. I'm thinking if a 2.5" will get me a 31" 245x75/16 set (math actually works out to 30.5" - 245x75/2540x2+16=30.5. The formula works all around. The 16 portion is the rim size. Substitute any combo set for your height), then 245x70 16's at 29.5" should work with the 1.5" spacer. (31-1.5=29.5).

The spacers went on in about 15 minutes. Would have been faster but I found that I have 3 different lugnut sizes (shaking my da*n head).

New rims and tires, with new lug nuts were ordered today - Presidents Day sales! - so I'll have that PITA rectified soon.

Lift kit should be here Wed or Thurs... chomping at the bit.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm sure a conversation will be had with the shop about this when it's all over. I have a good friend supervising the delivery tomorrow. he'll watch dog the repairs. I already told the shop, his word is law on site; if he don't like it I don't like it.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave the jeep a high pressure bath yesterday. Was going to remount my skids but the driveway is full ice and I didn't feel like laying on it quite yet.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vacuumed out the front, put rust converter on the passenger side door bottoms, changed the air filter and drove it to get it a full bath with undercarriage wash.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online