What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished hooking/setting up the winch for when the detour backbone comes in, in about 2-3 weeks

Last edited:

MiceElf

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2002 with ****** issues. Took the pan off and found metal bits and pieces. Took off the solenoid pack and found pieces of clutch.

So I found a used ****** with 91K on it, with a 6 Mo. replacement from a local salvage yard.

Getting her installed this weekend!

20Liberty03

Reaction score
New to the group, scan results

codes 0551 and 0158. now, one is a shorted out o2 sensor and the other is power steering switch. How do I know which O2 sensor? Is there a link to dtcs on this board? Oh ya, had a wheel alignment done to it as well, toe and camber were out a ton, kind of expected that by the wear on the tires

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
codes 0551 and 0158. now, one is a shorted out o2 sensor and the other is power steering switch. How do I know which O2 sensor? Is there a link to dtcs on this board? Oh ya, had a wheel alignment done to it as well, toe and camber were out a ton, kind of expected that by the wear on the tires

P0158 refers to a fault at the o2 sensor on bank 2 (second sensor back on bank 2)
Right side sitting in the KJ
Left side is 1-1,( one closet to the engine, downstream is 1-2
right side 2-1 the 2-2

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Made it an alignment appointment at the dealer for Friday, decided against the Moabs.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a jerry can holder to mount on the back swing gate. Also bought oil and a filter to do an oil change this weekend.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it and noticed that the powder coated wheels are starting to rust and that the rust is staring to break out on the rear doors and rockers:blah:

Hoping to get the DS valve cover gasket swapped this weekend and clean the interior.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the junkyard for the first time in my life.

The two 'self service' yards that are somewhat close to here didn't have any KJs, so I ended up having to drive two and a half hours to Denver.

2x Front LCA with all bolts
1x Extra set of LCA cam bolts
1x Full set of front UCA bolts
1x Knuckle (wanted to get the other side as well, but I couldn't get any of them off easily, and it was almost closing time)
2x Clevis bracket
1x Outside mirror glass (mine has a nasty scratch that's starting to rust)
3x Dash air vent
1x Shiny shifter cover from a Limited
4x Spare tire carrier

All of this for a whopping $121.

I don't need any spare tire carriers, but I saw that they're selling for around $40 on eBay. I just couldn't stop myself from getting every one I could get my hands on for $8 each :rotflmao:.

I didn't realize until I got back into my car that my Sport has a different middle console setup than the Limiteds, so I won't be able to use the shiny cover. Oh well, for the 2 bucks it cost me, not a big loss.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to the junkyard for the first time in my life...
I was going to say that you should have left some for the rest of us, but being in Wyoming I doubt I'd be making the trip any time soon. (As much as I would like to.) :)

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say that you should have left some for the rest of us, but being in Wyoming I doubt I'd be making the trip any time soon. (As much as I would like to.) :)

I didn't even get everything I wanted to get! I need a trans fluid pan, and my trans crossmember is pretty rusty. Some new fog lights wouldn't be bad either, the lenses of mine are in really bad shape.
There were six KJs at that junkyard, but only two of them had any transmission parts left. Both were 45RFEs, and I have an 42RLE. I guess I'll have to make a trip to another junkyard sometime soon.

In the meantime I'll work on cleaning up and painting all the suspension components I got, and switch out the bushings and ball joints in those with new ones. Then once I have all the parts I need, it's simply a matter of pulling the old control arms and knuckles out of the Jeep and installing the 'new' ones.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started out just looking for landscape photos. I thought all the rain we've been geting had washed away the snow, even at the higher elevations. Nope. I got into some pretty deep ruts, filled with snow on top of mud - or vis versa. It was fun, even exhilarating. Didn't find any good photo opportunities, but took this when I stopped to change out my o2 tank.

You must be registered for see images

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it ready for shed delivery tomorrow. Also looks like I need a transfer case position switch; light was flickering when in any mode other than 2WD. Also had a random multi light event. Just adding it to the list of things that need done.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got it ready for shed delivery tomorrow. Also looks like I need a transfer case position switch; light was flickering when in any mode other than 2WD. Also had a random multi light event. Just adding it to the list of things that need done.

How large of a shed are you getting?
Bought one last year from the Amish close to where I grew up. Put it down there for my extra " parts". All wood cut by them, sawed, built right there.
Still don't have it where I want it to be and its already full !:happy175:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How large of a shed are you getting?
Bought one last year from the Amish close to where I grew up. Put it down there for my extra " parts". All wood cut by them, sawed, built right there.
Still don't have it where I want it to be and its already full !:happy175:

Small. 36' long. 15'6" wide. 11'10" tall. "barn" style roof. Has some changes to it over their standard design as well. And yes, it's from an Amish place in south eastern PA.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put 60 miles on it and burned a quarter tank, not sure I like that

Seems a little low. With my heavier tires and lift I usually get around 60-80. Without the lift i used to get 80-100 on the first quarter. I can easily average 15MPG in the Jeep now with the lift. Used to easily get 17-18.

Latest posts

Members online