What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hearing a nice clunk under the KJ as I was driving through the garage at the airport to drop off my wife. After dropping her off I drove through the garage to listen some more to try and figure out what it was. Sounded at the time like it was something loose in the front suspension. Drove it over to a friends house. Had him shake the vehicle and I found the problem. The transmission skid bolts on the rear had come loose somehow and the skid was bouncing and hitting the frame. So I tightened up the bolts and the clunk went away. Also got my winch in and decided to hook it up and make sure the motor worked since it was a discounted winch due to packaging damage. Winch worked great, it just has a couple of scratches from the packaging damage but nothing to worry about.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Changed the sway bar bushings and end links.

Does anyone happen to know the size of the LCA bolt/nut? My 22mm socket is too small, 27mm is too big. I'm guessing it's probably 24 or 25mm, but I'd prefer to avoid the hassle of buying the wrong one, trying to clean the rust off of it and returning it.

24mm or 15/16", either work.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and you'll need both, since most people don't have 2 sockets of that size. also a mix of deep and normal helps. and my wife wonders why I have tool chests full of tools.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sprayed all the salt and road grime off and felt helpless when i saw some rust spots coming in again....need to get under there and undercoat again its buggin me. Really needs a good wash/claybar/wax after this winter , also changed the oil and front diff oil

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rivnuts went in!
You must be registered for see images

Tcase skid is on!

Engine skid is on!

Yay!!
Now gas tank is left.. (gotta remove the hitch first)

I don't have a transmission or front skid though (it's 03'). Boo.

Good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rivnuts went in!

Tcase skid is on!

Engine skid is on!

Yay!!
Now gas tank is left.. (gotta remove the hitch first)

I don't have a transmission or front skid though (it's 03'). Boo.

Good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to clean up under there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't let Mr. perfection get to you. Looks like a Jeep to me. :gr_grin:

But if you are the unlucky soul who has to work under one like I have done, better wash it LOL
One I did we took over 2.5 (5) gallon buckets of mud out from under it after we finished the lift , ...........................:emotions34:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if you are the unlucky soul who has to work under one like I have done, better wash it LOL
One I did we took over 2.5 (5) gallon buckets of mud out from under it after we finished the lift , ...........................:emotions34:

I'm still pulling mud out of mine from the mud bog I ran at the great american Jeep rally a few years ago haha

20Liberty03

Reaction score
New to the group, just replaced the engine in my 03 Liberty Sport, rear ebrake shoes as well. Runs great but the check engine light came on after the first round the block trip. Going to get it scanned tomorrow hopefully.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered my Miller 211 ..... not something done to my jeep, but certainly for it

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to the group, just replaced the engine in my 03 Liberty Sport, rear ebrake shoes as well. Runs great but the check engine light came on after the first round the block trip. Going to get it scanned tomorrow hopefully.

Welcome! Post back tomorrow with the scan results.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If I can find a self-serve car wash with pressure hoses in northern NJ, then you can find one where you're at!

Or go to Harbor Freight and get one of these:

1650 PSI 1.25 GPM Electric Pressure Washer

You must be registered for see images attach

It's only $80, and if you wait for one of their 25%-Off coupons you can get it for $60. I bought one when I was down in Virginia and it handles small jobs just fine. It's still at my parents but I will either bring it back here or buy a new one once I get into my house.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
garden hose off the flush valve on your hot water heater works great to make a poor man's steam cleaner. just make sure you let it run for a minute before hooking up to the pressure washer. supposed to flush your tank anyways once a year anyways.