What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super productive weekend:

Saturday --
Replaced the sway bar bushings + silicone grease - steering thudding sound is gone. Feels solid. Yay!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally managed to install the front molar tow hooks without taking off the bumper with the help of a friend. Dyed those red as well as the d ring.

Refurbished, cleaned, scraped and sanded the used skid plate set to prepare it for primer/color before mounting.

Found a rusted stain on the oil pan so sanded it slightly and sprayed some rust oleum.

And on Sunday! Went to play in the mud on Hollister hills (CA)!! So much fun, KJ's got an incredible grip with the Dynapros and the 3" lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Told you that you would like the tires. ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I better reinstall the factory hitch. Left it off when I installed the bumper . Was wondering how to hold up the bumper while installing the hitch.
Ratchet straps to the rescue, up to the garage door rails, in the speed holes in the bumper . Never moved at all , held up one end of the hitch with my knees and it was on in no time

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about other ways to tweak the rear end. Anyone know our rear driveshaft length versus a Cherokee or Grand Cherokee with the NP231? Would be pretty cool to be able to install an SYE kit and extend the driveshaft a bit.

Please don't ask why. I already know I have crazy thoughts. Facts only please.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Facts only you crotchety old man. :Bye:

:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

Guess you have never had the pleasure of being around a real old crotchety man or men!
The old guys I hung out with when I was in my 20 would have most guys crying in the first 15 minutes.
Sounded meaner than snakes, yelled, screamed, called ya out on any little things, but would do anything for you on the same hand.
I admired them

Last edited:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Guess you have never had the pleasure of being around a real old crotchety man or men!
The old guys I hung out with when I was in my 20 would have most guys crying in the first 15 minutes.
Sounded meaner than snakes, yelled, screamed, called ya out on any little things, but would do anything for you on the same hand.
I admired them

hey life made them tough when they had to walk to and from scool 10 miles up hill both ways in snow storms :gr_grin: my grandpa was one of those crotchety old men and always yelled about all the stuff he survived in WW2 but that he lost his leg from stepping on a rusty nail. More knowledge than i could ever dream of though.....because he asked 'why' a lot :happy175:

i think one of my old xjs rear DS was 31.75 ".....i could be wrong. I know some years and 2wd vs 4wd had different yoke lenghts

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more like life made them tough when they were getting their ***** shelled constantly day and night. much like hammering steel forges out the impurities, war does the same to men.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I admired them

AEY-MEN! I know some very scary guys that would walk out of their own daughter's wedding if I really needed their help. It took a lot to earn their trust but for good reason. They don't put up with any bull. These guys used to harass me for every single little thing. One guy used to make fun of me really bad for my tools. He used to make fun of the quality. He called all my tools Harry homeowner tools! He even used a black sharpie and wrote Harry homeowner all over them! One of them was a Snap on hack saw!!! Today I can say I am one of the most fortunate people to call them my true friends.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After waiting 3½ days for what they told me would be ready in less than 1 day, I picked up my coilover parts and took them to a different shop. He's a busy guy and told me he wouldn't be able to do them until Monday, but wanted me to leave them in case he caught a break. We'll see.

He didn't let me down. Called me this morning to pick them up. Charged me $20.00. Then I made an appointment with my regular mechanic to do the lift at the end of this week.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THIS week. Then a front end alignment next week. And I hope to be able to mount new meat, with studs on my existing wheels in a month or so.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a Renegade rack from a great friend a while back, but was needing a place to haul some things over Christmas. Since they have places on the side to tie tow but no floor needed to remedy that problem
So started by beefing up the mounting points on the Rack
Added a couple of crossbars, then 7 Hard White Maple runners 1.5 inches wide and an inch thick front to back and shes good to go !
I know its not a RL rack or anything that strong but it'll work for what I need

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He didn't let me down. Called me this morning to pick them up. Charged me $20.00. Then I made an appointment with my regular mechanic to do the lift at the end of this week.

That's a steal....almost worth shipping mine there next time. :gr_grin:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't to my Jeep but I attached one of those wooden train whistle toys to a friend's Rubicon. He's gonna have a weird look on his face on his drive home today.:happy175::happy175::happy175:

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't to my Jeep but I attached one of those wooden train whistle toys to a friend's Rubicon. He's gonna have a weird look on his face on his drive home today.:happy175::happy175::happy175:

Please update this thread when it all comes out!

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt do anything TO it, but what i did WITH it haha. Wifes out of town visiting friends and with the days so short i go into work when its dark and get off when its dark, so i decided the pup was inside all day lets go frolic in the snow. Gave me a chance to try out my new led bar i got on black friday

Still needs adjusting, but that will wait till i get a chance to readjust my headlights, theyre pointed down a bit for how the jeeps sitting currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk