What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to attract zombies with things like that.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

EBAY???????????
Really , these are the real thing , not some Ebay reproductions LOL or second hand
Had the Overland ones on the 04 and they fell off and landed on the 03
Pixel decals for the 4 wheel drive decal

acrzjeeper

Reaction score
I installed the switches and LED light pods for my roof rack yesterday. I also finally installed my mopar front skid plate. Today I replaced one of the light pods as it was defective and I got the replacement in the mail.

Pics of roof rack with lights and front skid
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6057-switches-roof-rack.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6058-drivers-side-roof-rack-lights.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6059-back-side-roof-rack-lights.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6061-mopar-front-skid.jpg
Those lights are sweet. Love where you put the switches as well. Good idea.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's where the factory roof lamp switch goes, fyi.
when the time comes i'm puting in a bunch of rocker switches there.

and put a cover on that spare tire. it'll thank you for it.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's where the factory roof lamp switch goes, fyi.
when the time comes i'm puting in a bunch of rocker switches there.

and put a cover on that spare tire. it'll thank you for it.

I am going to put a cover on the spare once I get a new spare tire to match whats on the jeep. I wouldn't put that spare on the jeep unless I absolutely had to due to the fact that it is the original tire that it came with. So the tire is about 10 years old.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EBAY???????????
Really , these are the real thing , not some Ebay reproductions LOL or second hand
Had the Overland ones on the 04 and they fell off and landed on the 03
Pixel decals for the 4 wheel drive decal

Ugh... another one of those.

I've had my Zombie emblems on my Jeep since the fall. I drive at 357 miles per hour, -76 degree weather, +150 in the summer, with 1000 mph winds... wait, that was a movie. But they still look fantastic.

I am guessing you are a Harley guy... I find 99% of the Harley guys (and I don't mean just like Harley or have had or currently ride a Harley, but the ones that think only Harley should exist and everything else is garbage[i.e. my brother]) will only buy American regardless of the price. I will gladly pay $1.99 for something in China with free shipping over paying $80 USD for the same thing... even if I had to replace it every 3 years. Personal preference I guess... I just like my money more than a sticker with a lifetime warranty. ;)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some friendly advice, my freshly joined canadian friend... sir mudd isn't one you want to be un-canadian-like rude to.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh... another one of those.

I've had my Zombie emblems on my Jeep since the fall. I drive at 357 miles per hour, -76 degree weather, +150 in the summer, with 1000 mph winds... wait, that was a movie. But they still look fantastic.

I am guessing you are a Harley guy... I find 99% of the Harley guys (and I don't mean just like Harley or have had or currently ride a Harley, but the ones that think only Harley should exist and everything else is garbage[i.e. my brother]) will only buy American regardless of the price. I will gladly pay $1.99 for something in China with free shipping over paying $80 USD for the same thing... even if I had to replace it every 3 years. Personal preference I guess... I just like my money more than a sticker with a lifetime warranty. ;)

For a relatively newbie you've got ba**s :happy175:
Harley guy? Yes from 1973 till 2007 I was, every day rain, snow, whatever the weather, but also rode with all kinds of people and sickles. I think you have REAL Harley riders mixed up with the last 15 years of the weekend wannabes who only buy the correct Harley shirts, Harley pants, boots , chain drive wallet etc, can spot them a mile away! LOL
Now on to China, I only buy their crap if its absolutely a necessity to do so.
As far as Fleabay I sell tons of parts on there yearly but most of the stuff is junk anymore to buy, like the cheap Chinese light bars, emblems etc.
As far as the emblems I have on mine, if you really must know, those are factory direct and cost me NOTHING as in ZERO, NADA, NO MONEY, NO CASH, NO CHECKS, NO BUY HERE PAY HERE,
So while you have plastic parts from China that actually cost you money , mine were free but you made fun of me , so where do you stand now my young friend?
So before you start making fun, or what you think is fun, maybe take some time to actually know the folks on here, what they do, and what they think is a joke .
Now actually I thought your post was pretty funny , I laughed and shook my head and just thought , another Fakebooker :happy175::happy175:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sensitive?? Heck no I dry shave my body with a buck knife and not sensitive at all

only my balls. the rest i let grow naturally and furry.

also, Midland 75-822 arrived today. eventually I'll pick out a permanent mount antenna. kind of waiting until I get some other bits sorted out. wondering about maybe a flexible steel whip with quick release on a magnet mount in them middle of the roof. if I remember from my bad old radio days that would be the best place to do it. QR would mean I can run a big ass antenna and still get it off easy to get in the garage.

Last edited:

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Facebooker.... now that's insulting.

My brother is "one of those" Harley guys. Wears all the clothes, won't even buy sun glasses unless they have the Harley emblem on them. Problem with anybody that over does things is that it makes everyone look bad. When I think Harley, I think that guy. But the same is true for you and others here, the second someone says anything remotely different from your opinion you immediately think they are lesser than you or have no experience. Just because I am a "newbie" to this forum does not make me a newbie to life. I too have been riding bikes my entire life... I had a Harley (well, as close as possible - a 1978 Sportster - for a few years but didn't like it). I rode as much as I could, in any weather I could, until the winter tire law came into effect and I had to start parking it during the winter. I may be misjudging you, and I am sorry if I am... but so far it looks like your word is rule in these parts and death to anyone that even questions you or asks for specifics. Very strange forum... I am on quite a few and have never seen this much one sidedness before... well, maybe the Intruder forum, Harley wanna be's... even worse than "those guys".

Its too bad... this could have been a useful resource for the Jeep.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Facebooker.... now that's insulting.

My brother is "one of those" Harley guys. Wears all the clothes, won't even buy sun glasses unless they have the Harley emblem on them. Problem with anybody that over does things is that it makes everyone look bad. When I think Harley, I think that guy. But the same is true for you and others here, the second someone says anything remotely different from your opinion you immediately think they are lesser than you or have no experience. Just because I am a "newbie" to this forum does not make me a newbie to life. I too have been riding bikes my entire life... I had a Harley (well, as close as possible - a 1978 Sportster - for a few years but didn't like it). I rode as much as I could, in any weather I could, until the winter tire law came into effect and I had to start parking it during the winter. I may be misjudging you, and I am sorry if I am... but so far it looks like your word is rule in these parts and death to anyone that even questions you or asks for specifics. Very strange forum... I am on quite a few and have never seen this much one sidedness before... well, maybe the Intruder forum, Harley wanna be's... even worse than "those guys".

His word isn't gospel. He's just experienced.

And he's a crazy old sack of sh*t too. :happy175:

Don't take any ribbings here too seriously. Everyone knows shit from China don't work as good. But it's a sticker and you can buy 20 of em for dirt so I at least understand where you're coming from!

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure if I were burned enough times from China I would also ban them... but so far I have had decent success. Electronics and stuff seem to be decent, but I would never buys parts for the Jeep there (well, other than stickers of course).

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure if I were burned enough times from China I would also ban them... but so far I have had decent success. Electronics and stuff seem to be decent, but I would never buys parts for the Jeep there (well, other than stickers of course).

I get my LED's from China since they're dirt stinking cheap. Never have had any actual issues except this one set where only the right hand side kept going bad. Left hand side fog light was fine, right hand kept going to dark orange then burning out. Yet the other set of LED's I had were fine just that they didn't throw as much light. But its a mystery I'll never solve but I have had suspicions of what it was.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...so far it looks like your word is rule in these parts and death to anyone that even questions you...
I'm still alive. :icon_lol: It says moderator under his name, but he doesn't know where the kill button is. There's actually a lot of wisdom on this forum, not all of it coming from one keyboard. To be sure, there's enough BS to go around too. It's a lot like most of the other forums I've belonged to in the last 22 years. New guys get treated like shit, if they happen to say the wrong thing - and you never know what that wrong thing was until someone shares their bad mood with you about it. It only lasts a day or two though. Lots of old guys here who forget things quickly. ;) Then there's always an old-timer on every forum. They have a fan club that treats them like Gods and try to defend them, even when they are wrong. But this too seems to be less of an issue as time goes on. It's an awful lot like family here. Some squabbling, but lots of love being shared too - in a macho kinda way.

For the KJ, it's the best I've found.