What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow way past worn out

Shock itself was okay, not those bushing though. Figure after 169,000 on the body that's pretty good. Mind you that bushing may have been that way for 4,000 miles or so when ever I get my new engine

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the oil.

I've been running synthetic for the past 17,000 miles. Even though I know it's supposed to be good for 5,000 mile intervals I have still been changing it every 3,000. I sometimes have felt like a chump, since the oil I've been draining hasn't looked bad at all. I almost decided to put this change off for another 1,000 or so. So guess what? The oil I took out today looked like ink. I think I'll stick with the 3,000 mile interval a while longer. :mexsmoke:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Shock itself was okay, not those bushing though. Figure after 169,000 on the body that's pretty good. Mind you that bushing may have been that way for 4,000 miles or so when ever I get my new engine

After 169,000 miles the shock couldn't be OK, 65,000 maybe :icon_lol:
Had to have quite the rattle going on back there

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the oil.

I've been running synthetic for the past 17,000 miles. Even though I know it's supposed to be good for 5,000 mile intervals I have still been changing it every 3,000. I sometimes have felt like a chump, since the oil I've been draining hasn't looked bad at all. I almost decided to put this change off for another 1,000 or so. So guess what? The oil I took out today looked like ink. I think I'll stick with the 3,000 mile interval a while longer. :mexsmoke:

I change mine every 3-3500 don't really care what anyone says :happy175::shrug:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If somebody can throw a bone my way...
Here's a bone of a different nature: This is the what-did-you-do-to-your-Jeep-today topic, not the topic where you ask for support with various issues. To do that is easy. Just start a new topic in the appropriate forum and a discussion will ensue about your specific issue.

Thanks. :)

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a Jeep to the family yesterday. Traded in the wife's old car for a 2016 Jeep renegade. Two jeeps are better than one! :gr_grin:

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture6055-added-jeep-family.jpg

leroy_allen

Reaction score
Finished up installing new coil and shock assemblies, sway bar bushings, and link arms on the front end of my 2006. Most of my time was spent trying to break free all the rusted nuts and bolts on the suspension. Parts for the rear are still in transit, so I'll be back under the Jeep next weekend.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday the libby had fresh diff fluid put in. I was a bit nervous at what I would find since when I did the transfer case the fluid inside was black and it was also low. The fluid from both diffs looked pretty clean and relatively fresh. I have had her about 8000 miles so it wasnt the freshest fluid but it was far better than what I was expecting.

Next on the agenda: front hubs, brake fluid flush and then I will start doing cosmetic things.

Andrew

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Driving through a local neighborhood yesterday to go to a park, pass a guy weed eating, :favorites68::favorites68::favorites68:
Rock came flying and hit the rear quarter panel on the 03.
Now even though this thing is 13 years old basically it had no major rock chips, dings or anything like that .....................until NOW
Wife said I should not yell at someone on Easter especially, but when you confront the guy and he laughs and flips ya off, ......well :favorites68::whip::Bye:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving through a local neighborhood yesterday to go to a park, pass a guy weed eating, :favorites68::favorites68::favorites68:
Rock came flying and hit the rear quarter panel on the 03.
Now even though this thing is 13 years old basically it had no major rock chips, dings or anything like that .....................until NOW
Wife said I should not yell at someone on Easter especially, but when you confront the guy and he laughs and flips ya off, ......well :favorites68::whip::Bye:

.. And that's when you shot him! Had that happen myself, unfortunately I didn't hear it and wasn't aware of the hit till later. Some people are too inconsiderate to be wary of their surroundings. "What if" takes too much thought!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
.. And that's when you shot him! Had that happen myself, unfortunately I didn't hear it and wasn't aware of the hit till later. Some people are too inconsiderate to be wary of their surroundings. "What if" takes too much thought!

Thats the thing, there were kids playing right along the other side of the road, as hard as it hit mine, IF I had not been there one of the kids would of been hit more than likely

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a transmission flush, filter and oil, as well as engine filter and oil. Forgot to check the air filter... d'oh, but I put a fresh one 5000 km ago (6 months) so it should not be too bad.

I still have to check and change the oil in both differentials and transfer case.
Before that considering a suspension upgrade, maybe new coils and shocks.