What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No just idiots
I told them to give me 10 minutes with their rack and I'd train them how to sit the toe and steering wheel.

just another place that they try, but just not hard enough.
They never even touched the bolts I told them to recheck since they left them loose. Adding just a very small amount of grease here and there tells you a lot in what they do ( and don't do)

Sorry to hear that Tom. I had a Sierra HD back in the day and had the Inner/Outer Tie Rods, Idler Arm, Pitman Arm and Ball joints replaced. I took it to a well known tire shop and had them align it. Steering wheel was off but it drove great and they said the steering wheel will align itself over time(Stupid me for being young and trusting a tire shop). Ended up destroying my brand new mud tires within no time. They swore up and down everything was done right and I must have messed with something or hit a curb and whatnot. Took her to a shop that specialized in alignments and they made it proper and said the guy who done the work at the tire shop did nothing right (Which was crazy because the printout they gave me was almost perfect alignment)... I got a proper alignment and replaced the front tires. Sometimes it makes you think some shops only care about is $$$.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Tom. I had a Sierra HD back in the day and had the Inner/Outer Tie Rods, Idler Arm, Pitman Arm and Ball joints replaced. I took it to a well known tire shop and had them align it. Steering wheel was off but it drove great and they said the steering wheel will align itself over time(Stupid me for being young and trusting a tire shop). Ended up destroying my brand new mud tires within no time. They swore up and down everything was done right and I must have messed with something or hit a curb and whatnot. Took her to a shop that specialized in alignments and they made it proper and said the guy who done the work at the tire shop did nothing right (Which was crazy because the printout they gave me was almost perfect alignment)... I got a proper alignment and replaced the front tires. Sometimes it makes you think some shops only care about is $$$.

First they said of course its off due to you lifting it after we aligned it
SO HAPPY I took a picture of the guy doing it the first time I was there, with lift installed :happy175:
Of course this was a new guy this time

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped $1100 at Firestone for new calipers and parking break stuff. Good times lol. I would have done it myself, but I don't have many days off lol

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just moved my spare tire from the back of the jeep up to the roof. I added two cross bars to my rack and mounted the OEM spare tire carrier to the bars. Now I can look into making something to hold jerry cans in place of where the spare went.

Spare Tire Carrier in Roof Basket
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6050-spare-tire-carrier.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6051-spare-tire-carrier.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6052-spare-tire-roof-rack.jpg

Why not spare on the back, cans on the roof?

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not spare on the back, cans on the roof?

I just like the look of the tire on the roof is really the only good reason that I put it up there.

Why not just strap the spare down?

Due to being in Colorado we get a lot of sun during the summer and over time a strap would have fallen apart due to dry rot and I just wanted a permanent solution that I wouldn't have to replace down the road.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried a spare on the roof of one of my XJs back years ago, lasted a week before I had to remove it
Talk about sun and what it would do to the straps, what do you think its going to do to the tire :whip:

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a spare on the roof of one of my XJs back years ago, lasted a week before I had to remove it
Talk about sun and what it would do to the straps, what do you think its going to do to the tire :whip:

Luckily at the moment the spare is the original that came with the Jeep and I plan on replacing it soon to match the rest of my tires. So at the moment I don't think anything can really hurt that tire anymore than has already been done by the sun and weather. I might just get a generic spare tire cover cause I wasn't thinking about the tire itself when I was talking about the straps. Good catch I might have to rethink this a little for that reason.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd think a standard issue tire cover would help take care of that. I mean, that's why I added it to mine, to protect the spare from sun damage. Heck it's the original tire still, which makes it approaching 10 years old.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i'm going naked roof in a couple weeks. no rails or rack.

ozone000

Reaction score
Well, not just today, but in the week since I got my new Jeep I had an alignment done, re-wired the hack job of the Pioneer head unit install, installed a proper set of replacement speakers, installed a new power door lock on the drivers side, installed a new mirror switch, fixed the slow power window, put a rubber mat in the back (rear seats are always down), and cleaned all the broken glass out of the door. Looks like it's been broken into at one point.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
always possible the glass shattered when one of the infamous regulator failures happened. when mine dropped I was amazed it didnt break, for how hard it sounded like it hit.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the rear shocks.
You must be registered for see images

Sits a little happier now IMO.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If somebody can throw a bone my way I'm having a hard time getting the front air dam off. I can't figure out how those stupid little black screws(?) come apart. They look like their hex heads but neither my metric or stand sets seem to grip. I can't find what I'm trying to do online via google or using the search function here.

Trying to put on my new Mopar front hooks today and really need the access from behind.

I've really never worked on anything from Mother Mopar so I'm not really familiar with their fasteners. This isn't rocket science and I feel a little embarrassed asking this question...

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If somebody can throw a bone my way I'm having a hard time getting the front air dam off. I can't figure out how those stupid little black screws(?) come apart. They look like their hex heads but neither my metric or stand sets seem to grip. I can't find what I'm trying to do online via google or using the search function here.

Trying to put on my new Mopar front hooks today and really need the access from behind.

I've really never worked on anything from Mother Mopar so I'm not really familiar with their fasteners. This isn't rocket science and I feel a little embarrassed asking this question...

BTW it's a 2007 Limited if that matters. The instructions look like their for the older style front end but everything will bolt up OK as there is just 1 part number, I'll just have to notch the front bumper for a little clearance when I'm done.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Just drill them out, easiest way
Toss the spoiler if you don't want to reinstall
Bumper has an indentation of where to cut out for the tow hooks or should have

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the rear shocks.

Sits a little happier now IMO.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow way past worn out

acrzjeeper

Reaction score
Lifted her today...

So I finally was able to do this today. Got her lifted.
Went with the following:
Front
Ironman Front Struts
OME Coils MD Front
JBA Spacer Plate

Rear
OME Coils MD Rear
Bilstein Rear Shocks
Two Hockey Pucks for Rear bumpstops

Took 3.5 hours.

Tires are 245/75R16 Laufenn X Fit AT
Wheels are 16 inch Quadratec Moab wheels