What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine on jy 04 still works on all settings , maybe I didn't use the blower enough, just thought of that reading through this

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New battery. Apparently the old one didnt care for -20°F this morning. I've only lived around here for 50 years or so, maybe 1 of these days I'll buy a block heater and/or a battery warmer.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled the trigger on some soft 8's. Thanks you uncle sam for giving me back the money i already had earned

Infidel

Reaction score
LED light bars.

Spent last hour or so installing the light switch and wiring harness for two 5 inch 6 LED light bars. Wiring is ran through rubber grommet on driver side, through fenderwell then down under drivers headlight. Tomorrow is mounting lights and aiming. Also installed 55 watt HID low/High bulbs.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it in the snow storm this morning, drove like a Jeep the whole way. Couple slick spots but handled way better than the LLV which I put sideways in the streets twice today.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya mine was original. 138k. I'll pickup a Sebring one from either O'Reilly or napa tomorrow. It's too cold to wait for shipping.

In a pinch, you could always tap into the ground (black/tan) wire at the blower fan and connect to a ground source. The speed switch/resistor completes the ground circuit, grounding the fan direct bypasses that stuff and makes it run full speed all the time.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a pinch, you could always tap into the ground (black/tan) wire at the blower fan and connect to a ground source. The speed switch/resistor completes the ground circuit, grounding the fan direct bypasses that stuff and makes it run full speed all the time.
Well 4 is still working. I just picked one up anyways I'll get it installed as soon as I leave the diner.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, already gone. Putting it back for another purpose to be disclosed at a later date. Lol:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:[/
John3:17 said:
Starting on another little project
You must be registered for see images

Prototype just to get all the bugs worked out

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave her to a shop on Saturday for a leaky brake hose that I had no time to fix. It's now Wednesday and they still haven't touched her.

I would have picked her up by now...but at this point there's air in the lines and no fluid...so no moving her without adding fluid and bleeding.

This is why I never bring my Jeep to the shop. I still have yet to find one well-managed and honest shop around here. This one is the latter, but not the former.

If they don't have it done by tonight, I'm picking it up anyway around midnight. No cars on the road, nice and slow with a buddy attached via tow rope to brake me if needed.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of the rubber lines near the wheels? they're not THAT hard to do! :D

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil change tire rotation fluid top offs if necessary. Probably get around to a wash today too. Did the same thing on the girls escape.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of the rubber lines near the wheels? they're not THAT hard to do! :D

Yep I know. Not sure what's so difficult about 30 minutes of shop time. I should have never given it to them. I could have bit the bullet and done it at 11:00pm one evening (when i get done with my work day/dinner/workout/etc).

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking from a person (old fart) who's been getting up at 4am every weekday to hit the gym for 2+ hours, fixing your rig so you can drive it would qualify as a valid excuse to cut a gym visit short or completely that day. Just sayin' :D

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
except if he has ABS, then without the expensive 2 way OBD readers, he wouldn't be able to activate it to bleed the air out.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, i've never had a problem with an ABS vehicle and doing a complete flush and fill, even after it all drained out. If you've got a stiff pedal you've got brakes. If you REALLY want to make sure the ABS system is ready, go find a slippery parking lot and nail the brakes at like 10mph. :D