What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal experience with Jeep products has been short...
What th' hell is your purpose here, to disagree with all the trailer-towing KJ fans? If you aren't a Jeep KJ fan, there's prob'ly some other forum you would like better... PLEASE.

Just being nice here...
Don't do that! Stop feeding the trolls. ;)

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did to my Jeep today started yesterday. I drove it to the shop so it would be cold when they opened today and started my ****** flush job. I bought a new ****** cover, filter, a high-strength magnetized drain plug, a fancy reusable ****** gasket and a bunch of ATF+4. They were also gonna install my transfer case skid plate and change the transfer case fluid (some of that ATF+4).

I was excited and was gonna get some pictures to share. They called me early this morning with an update. Nothing "UP" about it though.

My radiator has a hairline crack - seems to be quite common. Fluid was very low and I could see the fluid seeping out of the crack when the mechanic put the tank under pressure. The repairs would cost me twice what all the other work was going to cost me. I can't afford to do both - heck, I cain't afford to do the whole radiator replacement right now.

So, all I did for my Jeep today was spend a bunch of money on parts - new MOPAR rad, cap, hoses, thermostat and a LOT of Zerex G-05. This is NOT what I wanted. It's one of those times I grumble about my lung disease and not being able to tackle a job like this. It looks easy enough, but with 23% lung function, it might not be a good idea.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! Well, at least I have my other car: :D

You must be registered for see images

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob comes from that area,
where men are men
and sheep are nervous, verrrry nervous :icon_lol::icon_lol:

DAMNIT Tom, I spelled that with an "O", not an "A". :gr_grin:

And ya got to remember what an Arkansaw girl says after her first sex; "Git offin me Paw, yer mashin my smokes"!

Bob

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might have to put mine outside today for a day or 2. need the space to put all the tools and materials for the front door replacement job.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You didn't screw them back in place so you wouldn't lose them, did you? That's where a lot of my "lost" bolts turn up.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Ain't that the truth. That's the reason I don't plan on spending any money on any GM product for the foreseeable future (long story)."

I dunno...that 2016 Colorado Diesel is looking mighty intriguing...30+mpg on the highway...it's about time US automakers make decent "small" diesel pickups...the rest of the world sure seems to rely on them for all sorts of uses...

http://www.newsweek.com/why-rebel-groups-love-toyota-hilux-74195

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
"Ain't that the truth. That's the reason I don't plan on spending any money on any GM product for the foreseeable future (long story)."

I dunno...that 2016 Colorado Diesel is looking mighty intriguing...30+mpg on the highway...it's about time US automakers make decent "small" diesel pickups...the rest of the world sure seems to rely on them for all sorts of uses...

http://www.newsweek.com/why-rebel-groups-love-toyota-hilux-74195

I would settle of a couple of these
My wife just can't seem to grasp the reason why ever time I see one on the road over there I say " Look buy me one please" If only they had them here
You must be registered for see images attach

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen to that...the rest of the truck will disintegrate before those engines quit...

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't screw them back in place so you wouldn't lose them, did you? That's where a lot of my "lost" bolts turn up.

no, i didn't.
I placed them in a container which is MIA.
x.x

bah..... time to start turning things around.
I've looked around my storage unit too x.x

Making a trip to UT at the end of the month.
Want to get them on soon.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn...in Mesa now, looking for a trail ride (just a ride along and a short one) in a liberty while I was here.

ah... I'm down here in Tucson.
There are a few members closer to you then I am.
Maybe you can do so with one of them. :D

8DC

Reaction score
New tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Removed the hitch ball tonight as it stopped raining.
In preparation for those that might get stuck this winter, greased & installed the Clevis/D-Ring.
54385[/ATTACH]"]

I think I may be on the hunt for one soon, that is powder coated.

Attachments

• D%20Ring%20Shackle%20.jpg
    D%20Ring%20Shackle%20.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liberty, why don't you pick up one of these?

http://www.amazon.ca/Bestop-42922-0...231448&sr=8-2&keywords=receiver+shackle+mount

Saves you the hassle of removing your hitch ball. Or do you have two mounts already?one with the ball and one for your D ring? Nevertheless the product linked is more appropriate for pulls. Also being in your area I'm guessing you could easily find one for cheaper on kijijijijijiji.

Bert

EDIT: well I checked kijiji BC and did not find any, but I knew I saw them cheaper from smittybilt, but it says temp. out of stock.

http://www.amazon.ca/Smittybilt-293..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0P0GHHN75SCF1N6N4HF9

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Liberty, why don't you pick up one of these?

http://www.amazon.ca/Bestop-42922-0...231448&sr=8-2&keywords=receiver+shackle+mount

Saves you the hassle of removing your hitch ball. Or do you have two mounts already?one with the ball and one for your D ring? Nevertheless the product linked is more appropriate for pulls. Also being in your area I'm guessing you could easily find one for cheaper on kijijijijijiji.

Bert

EDIT: well I checked kijiji BC and did not find any, but I knew I saw them cheaper from smittybilt, but it says temp. out of stock.

http://www.amazon.ca/Smittybilt-293..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0P0GHHN75SCF1N6N4HF9

Better yet is a beaver tail, super fast hook up, no need to attach the clevis etc. everytime
Throw it in there beginning of the snow season and forget it

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Whatever works for ya is fine. I find pulling pin and having second receiver is more of a hassle.
The trailer ball is off in 5 seconds with the ratchet set up, even though the wrench is in the Jeep.
54387[/ATTACH]"]

The D-Ring pin here is almost an inch thick too, it aint going nowhere.

Attachments

• Hitch%20Ball%20Wrench%20-Wratchet.jpg
    Hitch%20Ball%20Wrench%20-Wratchet.jpg
    917.6 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Easiest , fastest thing I have found to use in over 40 years, ( except for a hook) works great and tow strap won't slip off.
Also sticks back just far enough to be back the same amount as the spare tire, giving it more protection