What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah okay.
according to my build sheet, the factory installed hitch is a class 3.
If class 4 hitches are what must be installed, i'll make sure they put in a new hitch.

Can anyone confirm that the recall involves putting in a class 4 hitch?

My google-fu didn't come out with anything.

thanks.

If you already have a hitch and it passes inspection, no sharp edges, proper distance from tank, no corrosion etc... You do not get a new hitch. If you do not have a hitch installed you must be inspected to see if your Jeep can handle a hitch, no excessive corrosion, if you do then additional measures are supposed to be taken sometime down the road to ensure a hitch is later put on. I believe so far from what I have read, if you do not have a hitch pass inspection you get a new hitch free of charge, if your current hitch does not pass inspection you get a new hitch free of charge. So far Liberties coming in left and right with hitches put on have not gotten new Hitches from the recall.

chrisguyver

Reaction score
Today I changed the drivers side valve Cover gasket, and had the correct rpm programmed in my computer for the 265/75/16 tires that she's wearing :). ... What an incredibly different feeling she has now! Throttle response and shift points have changed dramatically and she is so much friendlier to accelerate :)

How to u programme the computer to the tires u have on I would like to try this

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Washed/ claybarred and waxed my Step Dads 05 Limited
He's had it a month and loves it more every day
You must be registered for see images attach

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front and rear diff fluid change, t case fluid change, new park brake shoes hardware and redid the backing plates (both broke loose) then washed and waxed her. After that she took me out for icecream been on vacation so haven't driven her in over a week.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooked up the trailer and went "campground" camping for the weekend
with some friends from work.

...shot a few pics of the big ball in the night sky...

...and purchased a new addition to go on top the trailer that I'll unveil
as soon as I figure out how to get the carrier situation handled! :gr_grin:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well had a full entire counter productive morning done to the Jeep, installed new headlight bulbs only for the highbeam on one to fail, new LED Amber Fogs and after half an hour of running to make sure they weren't going to fail, one failed.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my new lift, shocks, a front drive shaft. and a few other things.

Have to take the JK back to the dealer Saturday. Kept getting a weird smell inside of it. Found rotting food in the jack holder in the rear so they are going to re detail it for me.

Shoey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Gross, but glad they found what was causing the smell.

Got my new transmission pan installed. Old one was warped around the bolt holes. Hopefully no more leaks! Also got an email from Marlon saying my rear Ironman coils were being shipped. Time to order wheels and tires.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my new lift, shocks, a front drive shaft. and a few other things.

Have to take the JK back to the dealer Saturday. Kept getting a weird smell inside of it. Found rotting food in the jack holder in the rear so they are going to re detail it for me.

That is disgusting.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pretty upset about it. The guy said they've had a lot of complaints in regards to detailing on vehicles the past month there.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's just foul.

Drove mine in 3" of water from work to home. Poured its a$$ off this afternoon…as in we were wondering if we needed to build an ark. Got home to find my basement drying out - hubby had to clean out the top of the french drain so it would again drain. Soon as he did, the water disappeared.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the sellers are sending replacements so hopefully this is the end of the issues once the new ones arrive. So the only thing that was productive was putting in the new passenger side fog light housing, then cleaning up the other side since it was hazed over a bit.

Here are pics of when everything was working before everything started failing.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well had a full entire counter productive morning done to the Jeep, installed new headlight bulbs only for the highbeam on one to fail, new LED Amber Fogs and after half an hour of running to make sure they weren't going to fail, one failed.

You didn't touch the glass part of the headlight bulb with your bare hands? The oils from your fingers can create hot spots and can greatly shorten the life of the bulb. The same day though, I wouldn't expect it to react that quickly.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I always wear gloves when I handle headlight bulbs. There was no the highbeam coming on and then failing, it just didn't work period. I examined the bulb and for the life of me can not find anything at fault with it, I even switched after messing around with the fuses to see if it was a fuse issue. Nope its the bulb, unbelievable but right out of the package it was faulty.