What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That was hard work, wasn't it? lol3.gif
I don't think of it as work but as a labor of love. :D

He's silently gathering all the info he needs to rip that beast apart and re assemble it. ;)
I'm silently planning which bridge I'm going to jump off if I don't get a job soon. It looks like I spent the past three years making the biggest mistake of my life. No job, no money, no fun, no life... :Violin:

jeepbass

Reaction score
Just did 5% tint over the factory 20% tint on the back half of my jeep.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also a new sound system 2 15's.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well more of a "what did you do to your jeep THIS WEEK" thing, seeing as how i worl 12 hour shifts and had a wedding to attend and other life events, oh and also that this was the first time i did any of this work myself on any vehicle(i feel proud and my wallet feels heavier since i saved money)

replaced front and rear diff fluid(front was sludge dark grey and thick, rear wasnt bad)
replaced t-case fluid
replaced rear lift gate shocks (new ones so strong i cant close glass standing from side with one arm no more lol)
replaced spark plugs (left side last one wasnt as hard as i had expected once i unbolted and removed the resivoir)
replaced pcv valve (pain in the ass (only cause the hose was a pita to get off)
replaced drive belt
oil change
replaced front pads and rotors (napa ultra premium and adaptaive one pads)

coming up in the next week....
Flush coolant
flush/replace brake fluid
flush/replace power steering fluid.
dealer quoted about 1500 dollars, for both axles, transfer case, spark plugs, a new tail light, and some other things

parts and a couple of tools that i didnt have cost me around 600 so a 900 dollar savings, YAY ME!

Tools purchased:
Breaker bar
Air gun and 100FT air hose
hex socket set needed 8mm and 10mm
spark plug socket and extension set and swivel (unfortunately found out later i had all of this already DUH!)
spark plug gap checker
two fluid pumps
larger c-clamp
torque wrench (still trying to figure out how to use this)

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a (slowly) healing dislocated shoulder, nothing :(

Had to sit in a chair and watch the hubby work on his motorcycle. He cleaned up both wheels, repainted the faded black parts, put rust converter on all the rust we could find, replaced the spark plugs, changed the oil & filter (side note: it was actually chunky, it was so dirty and old), rebuilt the fuel petcock, removed the worn out sprockets and chain and put on the new rear sprocket (chain's here but front got separated and won't be here until tomorrow), repacked the rear axle bearing and jacked up the carb needles by 2 thin washers (he did that on his old KZ550 and that was the sweet spot to get rid of the lean spot). He has a new air filter but that was changed recently. New front fork seals and dust boots are on the way, along with a new speedo cable. Has new cam caps (little half-moon rubber plugs) but won't replace them unless necessary.

I think that's everything so far...at least he likes his Father's Day present ;)

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warshed it. She was pretty clean from the dealership, but now she's clean for real and ready to go get dirty. My philosophy on washing Jeeps is like washing clothes... It's awesome if you want to get them absolutely filthy; I do it all the time. But if you (censored) your pants, you're not going to sit around in them for days at a time. I doesn't matter how much fun you had (censored) ing in your pants, you wash them. If you're not currently busy (censored) ing in your pants, they'd better be clean.

Same thing with our Jeeps. If they're not currently being used to get dirty, then they're clean. Period.

In this case, she got washed twice, claybar'd the paint and windows, hit with some swirl remover, polished, waxed, and sealed. Back to Black on the trim, Extreme Tire Shine (matte'd out with a sponge), Eagle One on the windows, vacuumed, shampooed, vacuumed again, and hit all the interior plastics with Armor All.

Also, she has a build date of 10/2001. Is this a "pre-lower" date? Not that it matters after 12 years of sagging... Just something to know.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Warshed it. She was pretty clean from the dealership, but now she's clean for real and ready to go get dirty. My philosophy on washing Jeeps is like washing clothes... It's awesome if you want to get them absolutely filthy; I do it all the time. But if you (censored) your pants, you're not going to sit around in them for days at a time. I doesn't matter how much fun you had (censored) ing in your pants, you wash them. If you're not currently busy (censored) ing in your pants, they'd better be clean.

Same thing with our Jeeps. If they're not currently being used to get dirty, then they're clean. Period.

In this case, she got washed twice, claybar'd the paint and windows, hit with some swirl remover, polished, waxed, and sealed. Back to Black on the trim, Extreme Tire Shine (matte'd out with a sponge), Eagle One on the windows, vacuumed, shampooed, vacuumed again, and hit all the interior plastics with Armor All.

Also, she has a build date of 10/2001. Is this a "pre-lower" date? Not that it matters after 12 years of sagging... Just something to know.

Looks like you are sitting at 17.5-18 or so in the front, measure when you have time ( middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare)
I'm with you on the washing, mine gets a good washing at least once a week, more if out playing / driving in mud etc. Need to see what is wearing/worn or getting ready to break. Never could understand running around for the next 2 weeks after a wheeling trip with mud caked on yet.

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are sitting at 17.5-18 or so in the front, measure when you have time ( middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare)
I'm with you on the washing, mine gets a good washing at least once a week, more if out playing / driving in mud etc. Need to see what is wearing/worn or getting ready to break. Never could understand running around for the next 2 weeks after a wheeling trip with mud caked on yet.

Because rust is cool! What's the stock HTF measurement? 17.5" up front and 18.5" rear?

Last edited:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the body shop for the repairs. I'll be riding the David hoping for no rain til I get Libby back. Now I feel like an honorary member instead of a full member.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed front Monroe Quick-stuts,rear Moog springs and Monroe shocks.
Rides like a dream,19" front ,19 1/2 rear now.
The old stuff has/had 132,000kms.
It almost looks lifted compared to what it was.:gr_grin:

Gyro

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How easy was it? I've got front Monroe Quick-Struts and rear KYB shocks to install once my shoulder's a little better. My rear springs seem okay, unlike the fronts.