What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the MAF sensor and gave the throttle body a good cleaning too.

Didn't really need to, I just wanted to mess around with the Jeep :anitoof:

Bob

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the parts fiche, it shows it as being on the back of the air filter box. The hose connects to the MAF.

Haven't looked on mine 'cause it's up in the air for the ****** work.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome! :drink_nl:

I told you I didn't NEED to do anything to the Jeep - I just wanted to play with it a bit. If I want to clean my MAPs then that's what I'll do... :icon_smile:

Typo, my bad - it is a MAP not MAF. For future reference, the MAP sensor on the '03 is on the front of the air intake box. Kinda tough to get the screws out because it is behind the mounts for the A/C compressor and the alternator. Have to remove the connector for the coolant temp sensor too.

Let me know how your map cleaning goes... :mwah1:

Bob

Last edited:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went with my buddy to help him pick out a jeep. Talked him into a 02 liberty with 132kmi for $5000.
Here come the mods

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed an OE gas tank skid today. Now I have a full set of skid plates on my '02. Cost me only $108 not the best out there by far but the price was right for now. If it gets banged up bad I'll install a better one later! So far all new OEM jeep skids cost me only $204.
Now time to make a radiator skid too...
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the others installed

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also made a cb antenna mount off the spare tire carrier. I made it to hold a magnet mount Wilson antenna. Screwed a flat steel plate to a piece of steel angle and used the top mounting holes of the tire carrier to mount to. Just have to pulll the whip back to clear the glass when opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the exhaust paint on the y-pipe and the grill paint (slightly lower temp) on the muffler and tailpipe.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I pulled the passenger side cargo panel out, pulled the 6-disc changer out, and then replaced previous panel with a panel I got from the junkyard that has the little storage net instead of the hole for the changer. I also replaced the plastic piece that lives in the cargo area, just under the tailgate (old one was cracked). I'm still need of an undamaged panel for the rear tailgate (current one has a crack).

Then, I tried patching up a hole at the seam of the drivers front seat... the common wear spot from getting in and out of the vehicle... only to find that the fabric's weave is also starting to give way. Trying to fix the holes at the seams only created new holes away from the seams. :disgust: I suppose it's time to start looking for the best deal on seat covers... preferably neoprene.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, not tough at all. Had to pull the front 2 O2 sensors to access the 2 bolts on each side (but I have new ones anyway). One spring clip thing rusted out, but a small pair of vice grips held the nut while I removed the bolt. Got a new set of 4 bolts with clips at the dealer for not so much money. The bolts on the muffler end were easy. I was surprised. Had to pull it to drop the ******, so I thought I'd clean it up and paint it while it was accessible.

And thanks ;)

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then, I tried patching up a hole at the seam of the drivers front seat... the common wear spot from getting in and out of the vehicle... only to find that the fabric's weave is also starting to give way. Trying to fix the holes at the seams only created new holes away from the seams. :disgust: I suppose it's time to start looking for the best deal on seat covers... preferably neoprene.

I need some seat covers bad. Drivers seat is ripped and had water and mud stains same with passenger side and the rears

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally Pounded my pinch welds! I only rubbed a little but it was still annoying and needed to be done, all went smooth, getting the plastic back together is almost like welding with plastic I used a little micro torch and flat head screw driver to smear the pieces together. Also put some Lund window vents on, tired of snow and rain coming in when I smoke, all in all a good day. Also gave my Jeep her weekly sunday bath