What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished my front shackles.
Working on finishing the light wiring for my aux lights

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took off rear hitch to paint underneath, tapped out hole near exhaust, remounted. yesterday i loosened and retorqued right side strut mounts and greased drive shaft u joints. also droped tire presure to 35 from 37, seems better.

Got lca recall in mail, booked apt for tuesday. arms are solid with some surface rust near welds but i ll take new bushings. just painted all that a month ago.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Followed through with the updated PCV system I installed this stuff:

https://cda.extra.chrysler.com/icon/sqwrp/files/2500108.pdf

Kit
http://oemmoparonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=62625

Crankcase vent hose
http://www.factorymoparparts.com/53013885aa.html

This eliminates about 3 feet of tubing. Really a much simpler design. Its no wonder it acts like a distillery. The new system has a pcv valve that costs $15 though. That really is the only disadvantage of it.

The new filler tube is a PITA though. The heater core lines are sort of mounted to one of the bolts that hold the tube on. They are very hard to move out of the way. It would probably be really simple to take them off, but I didn't feel like cleaning up coolant. We'll see how it works come winter.

Last edited:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got rear lca recall completed yesterday, they put in the larger arms then what came on mine standard.... bout the size of 2x4 now. Woot, new bushings.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know i never even looked to see if they actually changed mine.

anyone got side-by-side shots of the old vs. new ones?

mikeandamy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stared at it out the window, thinking of all the money she's cost me so far.......

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered a 60" hi-lift xtreme, bought a piece of stainless to make a mount for my 5' firestick, bought materials to remove rust and repaint the underside as necessary, now pondering the question is it messed up i spend more time and money making sure my jeep is metaphorically happy and healthy than i spend on my own physical health? I see no problem.

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it up into the mountains. Good times.

I think I've figured out how to drive the 42RLE without getting any idiot lights - none came up today despite some steep(ish) slippery driving! Just made sure to always lock out any silly gearshifting - usually sticking with "2" going up and "1" going down. Most of the roads I took today 15-20mph was a sane speed, so worked fairly well - I just find myself wishing "1" was lower on this trans. Oh well :p

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discovered rear lca are clunking after recall. will torque tomorrow and see how loose theyve come in 600 km today.

Edit wasnot lca bolts. Rear breaks rattling. Will disassemble next week.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tow truck duties, to take the car over to the shop for inspection after acid damage from the battery.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably will have to do it again soon to take it to an actual Dodge dealer for assessment.

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let the dealer install some new lwr cntrl arms. Actually this was done friday morning, then hopped in the car and headed out to Memphis for the weekend.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires, changed the oil, and finally decided it was time to get rid of the ugly factory roof rack (or should I call it an air scoop?) :smokin:

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires, changed the oil, and finally decided it was time to get rid of the ugly factory roof rack (or should I call it an air scoop?) :smokin:

Got one of those hanging in my garage. Someone on here once called the Renegade rack/basket "Tupperware."

Took it off the next day...

Bob

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got one of those hanging in my garage. Someone on here once called the Renegade rack/basket "Tupperware."

Took it off the next day...

Bob

After I took it off I went for a drive to see if I could feel a difference without it sticking up there. When I got home I hacked it up with a saws all and threw it right in the trash