What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Failed diff/CV assembly. :( After removing the diff cover on the D30s (again), it appears that our local drivetrain shop may have incorrectly assembled the internals. The end of the intermediate shaft refuses to lock into the diff like it's supposed to. So my KJ is back to 2wd until we can get the diff straightened out again. Back to the driveline shop. :disgust:

***** too, because now we're out of the Manistee trip next weekend.

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***** to hear that Jayme :(

I gave the KJ a nice bath, using No Rinse. Forgot how awesome No Rinse is, been using self-wash car washes to spray it down for the winter. Hope it doesn't rain tonight lol..

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Rinse? Never heard of it... :shrug:

I highly recommend it! Hector (Buddy who attended the meet back when Brad was installing his lift), he details cars in the summer and uses this while clay bar and to hand wash cars.

Amazon.com: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine, 128 oz.: Automotive

Everytime I go through automatic car wash or self-wash bays, I still end up with dirt on my drying towel. But I hardly ever see ANY dirt spots when using No Rinse. We were able to wash Hectors Infiniti M45 today and my Jeep, the drying towel looked unused once it dried, no dark spots.

Best of all, you don't leave hard any pools of water in your driveway and don't need the hose running constantly. Just whatever you allow to drip on the ground.

Here's a pretty good youtube video, Optimum No Rinse on dirty Porsche - YouTube

gareth73

Reaction score
jeep wont start when warm engine

Hi guys im totally new here so apollagies if im doing things wrong.
I have a Jeep liberty 2.5 crd 03 reg and im in the UK
For a month or two my jeep hasnt been starting after i drive it a while and park up.at first i sprayed easy start into the air filter and it fired up straight away,now this isnt working at all.
I use injector cleaner in my tank every month or so and it starts cold everytime.
i get no warning lights on dash,ive heard it could be crank sensor but dont want to change it unless ive got a better idea if its that.
Please help :(

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, Mr. Darcy got cleaned out (according to the boy I keep an illegal amount of junk with me in my jeep), we changed the windshield wipers, recharged the air filter, and bought everything we need for an oil change! Hopefully sometime this week we will make the switch to synthetic!

And good morning Gareth, you should make a new thread in the CRD section so people can help you :)

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He he ya maybe a little. I was a wheel painting virgin until today, so I didn't really know what I was doing. I hope I didn't mess anything up because now my brakes are making a grinding sound. I hope they are just rubbing the paint off the rotors... If not something else broke today.

Last edited:

Daveos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday installed JeepinbyAl's UCA's and teraflex bump stops and the pcv re-route TSB. My UCA's were shot, needed to be done. Today picked up an NV231 TC with 20K on it to replace mine. Making a bad noise. Probably do that tomorrow.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tested the engine by flooring it on a straightaway went 80 in a 45 while listening to eruption - van halen with windows n sunroof open. it was awesome

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tested the engine by flooring it on a straightaway went 80 in a 45 while listening to eruption - van halen with windows n sunroof open. it was awesome

0-60's are fun too! Hard rock music required. Lol. The Libby moves for what it is, but, it's definitely not as thrilling as my previous set of wheels...

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in commercial Odyssey 34 / 78 PC 1500 battery. Torqued Left side shock mount bolts while I had battery removed; Was not loose.

headlights no longer dim when rolling down power windows..... Maintenance free stock battery my ass.
:Bye: good bye forever.

Checked on Rims, still back ordered.

Watched an experiment with plastidip on Harley mirrors. First time seeing it in action.