What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my oil. Discovered that 2 of the Mobil 1 5W-30 quart jugs I bought from Autozone contained USED MOTOR OIL. :(

What a bunch of savages in this town.

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
Changed my oil. Discovered that 2 of the Mobil 1 5W-30 quart jugs I bought from Autozone contained USED MOTOR OIL. :(

What a bunch of savages in this town.

You haven't seen the commercials? Supposedly its good stuff

sent using the dark side of the force

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much for the transplant how long in the ICU and any other work done when its open

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Well, let's put it this way...
I drove it out of the dealership lot and told them to get F@€ked!
They want $1800.00-$2000.00 just to remove it from the KJ and open it to see what's wrong with it!
On top of that, they quoted Jen $1100.00 to $1500.00 more for the repair/replacement than they quoted me in person for the work!
$5000.00 for a certified Chrysler reman ****** with three years parts and labour warranty.
$4000.00 for an aftermarket reman ****** with 12 months parts warranty only and as mentioned above $1800.00 to $2000.00 and parts extra for them to rebuild the exsisting unit which is in the vehicle!
Not too mention that the stealership wants $840.00 for the front driveshaft CV joint.
(Just the part is $840.00!!!)
Then they tell us the engines rear main seal is leaking oil badly and needs immediate attention.
(Never has there been one single drop of oil leaked anywhere on our driveway in the last five years! Not to mention that the last time it was in to have the ****** flushed and new filter installed 13.5 months ago there was no leak.
And a bunch of other BS that supposedly needs replacing that was freshly installed when the lockers were installed!
Example: Drivers side CV joint/Axle assembly. (Which was replaced NINETEEN DAYS AGO (Yes, 19 days ago!)
And the new parts have 494 Km/306.96 miles on it!
Typical stealership con job!
Generating more work than is actually required because they figure that Jen is a dumb female and doesn't know any better!
However, when they spoke to me in person today, several of the "Priority must be repaired items" suddenly we're crossed off the list and were not even mentioned or shown to me!
Real honest repair department!

We're bringing it to the same shop who installed the lockers and gears and the owner once again has offered us the killer club discount for parts and labour.
We'll just rent a car for the next few days so we can get around town.

So, we'll be without our Rig for a few more days so Heep gets a clean bill of health and will be stuffed with more new "needed" parts and be ready for the spring/summer wheeling season!

Still less exspensive than trading it in on a newer 4X4 which would then need all the extra parts and accessories installed!

Also, considering that this is the first time in five years and two months of ownership (Or 123930.66 KM/77006.66 Miles that we've added to the odometer/KJ) that our Rig needs a major repair!

That's pretty damn good in my book as far as being a reliable and trustworthy motor vehicle!

Once done I'm sure we'll get another quarter million Kilometers out of it!;)

So yeah, that's the scoop with our Heep!

Cheers

Ry'

PS: two codes were showing: P0750 and P0753
Which I just looked up...
Hmmm... Very interesting what I just found out!
This will be interesting!

Last edited:

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the pinch weld hammer-over flatten out the wheel well liner job on the fronts for extra clearance. Plus heated the front side to eliminate the bulge behind the fog lights. No more rubbage from the new tires (albeit was only slight before). Installed a new 12vdc LED indicator for the overhead lights. FYI: If you can't locate the actual one in the instrument panel (assuming it even has it installed), Radio Shack has a nice LED assembly that you can add on the left-hand side of the instrument panel...perfect to let you the lights are on so you don't melt the covers.

Liberty02sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped the wheels for a different factory style wheel instead of the old "wagon wheel" 6 spoke rim........

You must be registered for see images attach

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
Got some touch up paint to fix the scratches from the jerks who park too close

sent using the dark side of the force

Randoozle

Reaction score
Heated seats

I installed the pads for heated seats and it works just like it was factory installed. It was actually fairly easy to install other than you do have to remove the seats but it only took a day to install a wire.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine to a dealer today. So I can check out and test drive the 05 KJ Limited my father is buying :) (decided to buy it after I gave it my stamp of approval)

That's 3 liberty's in the family now.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the pads/rotors on the front and rear. The job itself was easy. I only had to get up early to get it on a lift. She stops nicely now.:happy160:

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally did the grill mesh mod to my liberty, along with last week I did the rear shelf fab project as well, up next is a lift in May.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spnet $50 on it........I filled the gastank.:disgust:

Then I drove up the river to check out a new medieval arms and armor museum, which was really cool. All the items are owned by one guy, a retired judge, who decided to build a museum in Alma, WI to share it with the public.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Drove 85mph to Boonesboro, shot some Red Target off,then drove 85 mph back to the house.

TheQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put my Jeep Cherokee XJ up for sale on craigslist :icon_cry: