What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakey

Reaction score
So I rebuilt my jeep started it a bit ago for a lil break in (ran fine, atf was leaking out a p/s line though... i thought screw it ill deal with it later.. took her for a drive today, ran a bit hot while leaving and i was monitoring my gauges as i know they aren’t the most accurate and change quickly in the 2002... next thing i know she over heating like mf.. bigol coolant cloud under the hood.. it looks like the big coolant discharge from the radiator spraying where it meets the thermostat... im thinking saving 5$ on a thermostat during the rebuild was a bad idea lmao. So gonna throw a new one in and see...

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New alternator is in, but the whining sound is coming from the water pump. It made noise while the belt was off and turning. Not a grinding noise or anything, but noise nonetheless. Ugh.

DakMack

Reaction score
If you end up replacing your water pump, you can get the felpro gasket kit off Amazon for like $6..

I had my timing cover off 3 times during new head gaskets/timing kit.. bought 2 haha

Jakey

Reaction score
Hole crap 6$?? Wish I would’ve looked on amazon! Im pretty sure i paid like 15 bucks haha

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When your ball bearings disappear and your only lubricant is rusty dust - you end up with a this:

https://imgur.com/a/p4PlMrZ

Would also like to add
Removing the top radiator support bar and radiator fan motor is nice but unbolting the compressor was even nicer
Prop it up with an old jack handle aka breaker bar and you now can work on a much better angle
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

DakMack

Reaction score
Hole crap 6$?? Wish I would’ve looked on amazon! Im pretty sure i paid like 15 bucks haha

I bought a $15 one at autozone before I checked good old Amazon Prime, next day. Think it was a timing cover kit and came with them @tommudd

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quickly found out I need another shim on the ac compressor shaft.

went everywhere today.
Anyone have a place I get these ? Thanks

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quickly found out I need another shim on the ac compressor shaft.

went everywhere today.
Anyone have a place I get these ? Thanks
My clutch came with 2 - 1 thick, 1 thin. Ended up getting another from under the old clutch. Maybe cut a few out of a bit of hobby brass or something thin. Roof flashing? A computer case slot knockout?

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My clutch came with 2 - 1 thick, 1 thin. Ended up getting another from under the old clutch. Maybe cut a few out of a bit of hobby brass or something thin. Roof flashing? A computer case slot knockout?
Yea I was trying 1/4” washers and drilling out the hole to 5/16”

morons who made my kit send me washers the size of nickels

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out the water pump does not make noise while running, just when I turn it by hand. After today’s 400mi trip, the howling was most definitely the old alternator.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I was trying 1/4” washers and drilling out the hole to 5/16”

morons who made my kit send me washers the size of nickels
How about a trip to a real hardware store and mosey thru that aisle with the sliding trays that have every fastener or doodad known? I am thinking specifically of the 'spring washers' that are really thin and remind me of a pringle potato chip

Gunner1Retired

Reaction score
Wish I had joined this discussion a couple years ago.
Anyway yesterday I reinstalled the grille and headlight support, hood and latch.
This is heading down the home stretch of a lot of overhaul, bebuild and refresh work I have been doing.

Attachments

• 20200712_100519.jpg
    20200712_100519.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 12

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get waves from wrangler drivers either. But if ever a lifted Liberty crosses my path, they wave! (There just aren’t a lot of lifted Liberties around)

Latest posts

Members online