What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom I pull a 3000# GVWR trailer pretty regularly. So far my 4” lifted JBA springs seem to be working fine, but the problem is that there is no comparable replacement for them when they do finally start to sag. What Monroe coilovers are you referring to that could help with the weight of towing? (Right now I have Bilstein shocks back there.) Got any pics of that setup?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
For the KJ I run the Monroe coil overs # 58649. Tom should be able to confirm if these are correct for the KK as well.
You must be registered for see images attach

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the hockey pucks installed in the rear for bump stops. Also used some 1/2 inch thick rubber belting material to get a total of 2.5 inches per side. Not sure if I needed the extra half inch for the bump stops since the springs only gave me 2 inches of lift. The two extra iso's gave me the other inch of lift.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hilarious.
duckduckgo's search engine has indexed the prior page, with regards to the brake part #s I listed. :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got the hockey pucks installed in the rear for bump stops. Also used some 1/2 inch thick rubber belting material to get a total of 2.5 inches per side. Not sure if I needed the extra half inch for the bump stops since the springs only gave me 2 inches of lift. The two extra iso's gave me the other inch of lift.
Yes isolaters each give you 1/2 inch
as far as bumpstops 2 inches should do it unless you are running really wide wheels , with bad backspacing

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tossed a new t-case position sensor in. Now I can go to Napa, find a socket big enough for it, and actually replace it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and I had started doing home canning two years ago. We did about 100 qts. of various stuff each of the past two years. I put 100 lbs. of venison in the freezer before I busted my leg last fall. Starting to look like a good move right now.

That is great
Yes canning and freezing food anytime is good
I've been canning for 40 plus years, anything from corn to smoked sausage links
Tastes way better than any frozen/ canned food you can buy

Good job , snow 4 foot high, no issues getting out for food
Floods, again stay home and eat
virus like we are having now , yep be prepared
Now if I didn't have to go to work , of course I go weeks at a time at work when I see no one at all so alls good I guess

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally installing a JBA 4 link upper control arm. Hopefully it can help my bad pinion angle. Also getting liberty #2 on the road as soon as DMV reopens.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally installing a JBA 4 link upper control arm. Hopefully it can help my bad pinion angle. Also getting liberty #2 on the road as soon as DMV reopens.
Keep it cleaned and lubed well
The one I have on the 03 currently , was a preproduction one I had for testing. Has over 87,000 miles on it so far and not a sound. Many complained about them making noise but all you had to do was clean them every so often. I got my second one for 100 bucks since the guy was complaining, got it, cleaned it up and its fine

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep it cleaned and lubed well
The one I have on the 03 currently , was a preproduction one I had for testing. Has over 87,000 miles on it so far and not a sound. Many complained about them making noise but all you had to do was clean them every so often. I got my second one for 100 bucks since the guy was complaining, got it, cleaned it up and its fine
Will Marlin could these anymore? Maybe if someone asked real nice? I'd like to get one in the future

Reaction score
Well drove out to Bundy Hill yesterday for my jeeps first off road adventure , to see what it can do before I lift it and put tires on it. WOW was I surprised and happy with what it is capable of doing.
So I left the house with only two front fenders that had been cut and flared. Returned with no plastic fenders at all!! Sure had fun tho

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well drove out to Bundy Hill yesterday for my jeeps first off road adventure , to see what it can do before I lift it and put tires on it. WOW was I surprised and happy with what it is capable of doing.
So I left the house with only two front fenders that had been cut and flared. Returned with no plastic fenders at all!! Sure had fun tho
Why did you cut your flares ?

Latest posts

Members online