What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TorrentIV

A Leaf on the Wind
Reaction score
Installed external voltage regulator. Now trying to figure why the AC won't engage. And the rad fan intermittently works. Though runs fine if I jiggle the relay 3 times....any relay in that socket does it, this is happening simply to vex me.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced all the cracked hoses from the fuel vapor canister to the EVAP purge valve on the 02. I hope the CEL goes away now, kept getting a P0442 code.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was experiencing reception and quality issues with my factory 6 disc in dash radio.. especially after installing the aux in port, so I got tired of it, plus the faded button screenprinting, half of the illumination was burned out... so I installed my "old" Pioneer DEH-P7800mp. I've had that head unit for ever. It's awesome.

$20 install kit from Amazon delivered next day, boom, she's in. Had to go back and connect the remote wire to power the amps, otherwise no speaker sound. Eventually might install the steering wheel controls kit, unsure. But so far so good!

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a compression test done, to see if it's even worth pulling the engine to fix the leaking oil pan gasket.
Cylinder 1- 135psi, 2- 120psi, 3- 125psi, 4- 160psi, 5- 115psi, 6-170psi.
:(

randymorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came close to overheating the Jeep and when searching for the problem found this:

You must be registered for see images attach

The plug had been ripped out of where it hangs, and beat around by the serpentine belt. Still don’t know what caused this, or if it can be fixed without buying a new fan. One of the wires, the black wire, came out of the connector completely.

EDIT: The fan still works, I reassembled it and braced it away from the belt, turned on the truck, and the the fan came on and the truck was nice and cool again, with properly working ac. The connector needs to be replaced, but I may be able to cobble together a short term fix for it.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paging Dr. Mudd... randy needs a plug from your stash of spare parts. :D

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped coil 2 and 3 to try to track down the misfire in Cylinder 2. Also cut 1.5" off my coolant return line to try to eliminate the leak there.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered some new Falken Wildpeak's to be installed on Friday. Duratracs are finally at the point of needing to be replaced. I definitely got my money's worth out of them.

randymorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@randymorris clean your engine/engine bay dude. lol.
It was cleaned out when I took it in for the brakes after losing a caliper bolt, they cleaned it out to find the power steering leak I was also having. I figure I’ll clean it again when I’m doing more work in there. It’s hard to keep it clean here in the desert!

Latest posts

Members online