What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just replaced idler and tensioner pulleys

https://youtu.be/OAjJcAsWveA

think it's the water pump. opinions?

I think it's the alt. Sounds like how both of mine did before failing and I see marks of a burnt diode. Can't get the screen shot to upload, but look at the burn mark on the bottom. Exactly where my last one burned.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's the alt. Sounds like how both of mine did before failing and I see marks of a burnt diode. Can't get the screen shot to upload, but look at the burn mark on the bottom. Exactly where my last one burned.

you talking about the dark stain on the front of the housing, at about the 4 o'clock position?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer mine young and perky.

I guess a bright spot... found the water pump receipt online, and it has a limited lifetime warranty. Guess next week I'll drain coolant, pull the pump, go over, drop it on the counter and say "gimme a new one!"

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna say. At 66k mine was rattling and then the shaft bearing let go. Dropped most of the coolant and make a huge mess. All within the same trip. At least you have time to prepare.
The idler also went the same way last year.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna say. At 66k mine was rattling and then the shaft bearing let go. Dropped most of the coolant and make a huge mess. All within the same trip. At least you have time to prepare.
The idler also went the same way last year.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got stuck in a big hard snow drift that was across my driveway this morning... A bit of shoveling, low gear, and a push from a neighbor got me on my way. More speed next time...

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Trimmed my fascia some more. Added water pump, viscous heater, and inner timing belt cover. Kinda installed new timing belt, idlers, and tensioner. Need to make some cam alignment pins next.

Clocked my oil cap so it sits flat when tight instead of pouring the last drop out. Important stuff!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have over 112K miles and haven't touched the tensioner on my 2006. My nephew has a KK and his tensioner has been replaced twice now

I replace mine every 75,000 or less, good or bad, throw the old one under the seats
Just replaced the one on the 05 15 minutes ago
new belt with old one under the seat as well
Twice now I have helped a stranded KJ when theirs went bad on the road
Both times on turnpikes , West Virginia and Pa
They were really happy not to have to call a tow truck

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loading it up with winter camping supplies.

Just got a call from my brother asking if I could sub for one of his assistants that can't make it for his Boy Scout troops winter camp weekend.

Tonight we'll be in the lodge, will should be fine, but tomorrow is planned to sleep in snow shelters we will build.

It's be fun, if maybe a little nippy.

Hope I don't find a hole in my sleeping mat!

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loading it up with winter camping supplies.

Just got a call from my brother asking if I could sub for one of his assistants that can't make it for his Boy Scout troops winter camp weekend.

Tonight we'll be in the lodge, will should be fine, but tomorrow is planned to sleep in snow shelters we will build.

It's be fun, if maybe a little nippy.

Hope I don't find a hole in my sleeping mat!

That brings back some great memories.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did a tune up and oil change for a former KJ owner on his JK.
He had told me he would part with his 4.10 front diff that he bought for his KJ in exchange for my labor etc .
Suddenly today he thinks its worth 750 bucks LOL
Said he would sell it to me for the work I did on his JK and 725 bucks :happy175:( he supplied all the parts )
Told him to haul it back home and he was upset ! :emotions34::emotions34:

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I washed all the salt off the heep today. Oil change tomorrow. I bought a set of ramps finally. My XJ was high enough (all stock) for me to slide under pretty easily, but the KJ is a bit tighter...

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a tune up and oil change for a former KJ owner on his JK.
He had told me he would part with his 4.10 front diff that he bought for his KJ in exchange for my labor etc .
Suddenly today he thinks its worth 750 bucks LOL
Said he would sell it to me for the work I did on his JK and 725 bucks :happy175:( he supplied all the parts )
Told him to haul it back home and he was upset ! :emotions34::emotions34:

Wow...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Ran it through the LaserWash to get the road salt and grime off. I had my dog with me and he thought it was quite interesting... Arooooooo!!!! :gr_grin: