What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Installed my camifold without going off any of my rockers, I'm torqued! Bench space is appearing all over the shop.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed oil and filter in my 07 and checked all the fluids. Good for another 3000 miles.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one more week of driving 150 miles a day for work, then I'll be doing an oil change. I used Royal Purple oil and a Mobile 1 filter, and I may do it again. We'll see.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced headlight bulbs. Lost the low beam in the dside. Looks like the old ones were original Sylvania based on the date code on the side. Put in Philips VisionPlus so changed both and kept the one working OE for a spare.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow the OE's lasted that long! The new Philips VisionPlus Bulbs must be whiter/brighter?
Ya my OE's had date code too..
You must be registered for see images attach

The OEM's I still have a spares, the PIAA were installed in 2008 & still really bright.
What I did to Jeep tonight..Let it really warm up !
Snow turned to hard icy layers, I forgot how to use an ice scraper.. LOL.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow the OE's lasted that long! The new Philips VisionPlus Bulbs must be whiter/brighter?
Ya my OE's had date code too..
You must be registered for see images attach

The OEM's I still have a spares, the PIAA were installed in 2008 & still really bright.
What I did to Jeep tonight..Let it really warm up !
Snow turned to hard icy layers, I forgot how to use an ice scraper.. LOL.

Last year I sent my 1994 Grand Marquis to the scrap yard, despite running beautifully, it needed too much other work to be worth anyone's time or money. Love that car.

I pulled the 9006 bulbs out of the headlights... all still original OE, FoMoCo dated Osram bulbs I think they were... dated Dec '94. Not kidding.

Ugh.. such a smooth, comfortable ride. It was on par, comfort wise, as many "luxury" vehicles I've driven and ridden in made in the last 5 years.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I sent my 1994 Grand Marquis to the scrap yard, despite running beautifully, it needed too much other work to be worth anyone's time or money. Love that car.

I pulled the 9006 bulbs out of the headlights... all still original OE, FoMoCo dated Osram bulbs I think they were... dated Dec '94. Not kidding.

Ugh.. such a smooth, comfortable ride. It was on par, comfort wise, as many "luxury" vehicles I've driven and ridden in made in the last 5 years.

Had a'68 Buick Electra as my first car. No car had even come close in comfort since. It was more like having 2 full size couches than car seats, and the suspension was fluffy.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a'68 Buick Electra as my first car. No car had even come close in comfort since. It was more like having 2 full size couches than car seats, and the suspension was fluffy.

Let's raise a glass in honor of the fallen.. though they may be gone, we shall never forget those lovely ladies and their luxurious rides.

<I'm still talking about the cars, I swear!>

:happy160:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's raise a glass in honor of the fallen.. though they may be gone, we shall never forget those lovely ladies and their luxurious rides.

<I'm still talking about the cars, I swear!>

:happy160:

I work with young men in church, and I tell them when it comes to cars and trucks if you get something cool hang onto it if at all possible. I've got a whole list of cars and trucks I wish I still had. Ohh yeah ... We talk about the gospel too

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My 05 got some loving today !:gr_grin:
Oil, air and oil filters, PCV valve, flushed P/S, new NGK plugs, R&Rd the transfer case fluids, front and rear diffs fluids. Replaced a couple of bulbs, vac'd it out and power washed the underneath.
About ready to order a set of 245-65-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3 Ws for her
Have to keep it low since its generally what I use to take my 92 year old step father and 87 year old Mom shopping, Doctors etc in and its getting harder to get in a lifted KJ for them
Oh and yesterday installed a MOPAR thermostat, new hoses, took lines off and flushed heater core .
So I think she feels better this evening :happy175:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 got some loving today !:gr_grin:
Oil, air and oil filters, PCV valve, flushed P/S, new NGK plugs, R&Rd the transfer case fluids, front and rear diffs fluids. Replaced a couple of bulbs, vac'd it out and power washed the underneath.
About ready to order a set of 245-65-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3 Ws for her
Have to keep it low since its generally what I use to take my 92 year old step father and 87 year old Mom shopping, Doctors etc in and its getting harder to get in a lifted KJ for them
Oh and yesterday installed a MOPAR thermostat, new hoses, took lines off and flushed heater core .
So I think she feels better this evening :happy175:
Holy cow! Did you take her to dinner first? That's quite the working over in a day... maybe I'm just slow.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy cow! Did you take her to dinner first? That's quite the working over in a day... maybe I'm just slow.

Had to laugh at myself at one point, had oil, transfer case and both diffs draining at the same time plus I was installing the spark plugs.
multi tasking all the way, nice day out, could have the garage door open both yesterday and today got me moving
Tomorrow, may just sit............:happy175:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to laugh at myself at one point, had oil, transfer case and both diffs draining at the same time plus I was installing the spark plugs.
multi tasking all the way, nice day out, could have the garage door open both yesterday and today got me moving
Tomorrow, may just sit............:happy175:

Me thinks you've earned a sit.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving home last night and the ETC light popped up on the dash... I didn't know what it was, so I pulled over and looked it up in the manual. I also checked here when I got home. Looks like I may be putting a new TB in my heep...

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put about 500 miles on her yesterday.. had to drive to Indiana from mid-Michigan for work.. did just fine. Needed to rotate tires first, but only had time to adjust air pressures.. had to hit the road early to get there in time.. and I wasn't getting up at 530am.

I do have to say, more than an hour, maybe hour and a half and those damned leather Limited seats ache my back horribly. But again, I had to get there by a certain time, so even stopping to pee was a big delay.

Could hear the front tires humming all the way. Tires have a bit much negative camber from the stock springs sagging.. you can see it, it's not much, but enough. Gotta put those to the rear this weekend/next chance I get.

Forgot to order two new lower spring seats for the OME coils/Bilstein shocks .. gotta do that this week so that I have all parts ready for whenever it's gonna be warm enough to put the lift parts in.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate the 05s leather seats, ( Limited ) most uncomfortable seats there are
Now the ones I have in the 03 , which are from an 03 Limited, have more back and side support and much more comfortable

Members online

No members online now.