What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got 46.498 gallons of gas. 30.003 in 5gal cans, 16.498 in the jeep. plowing is a ***** on fuel economy: 11.458 mpg.

had some ******* get all pissed off when his bro-dozer couldn't get around me at the pumps. dude I took the farthest one away from EVERYONE for a reason, and you CLEARLY saw the basket with 6 gas cans sitting on it. WTF did you think I was going to do? collect snow in them? also didn't help the pump kept tripping on the 2 cans with these ******* filter/screens in them, and the jeep kept burping back at the pump, shutting it off. attendant joked "you're not making any friends today!" I replied "I don't have any friends, and I like it that way." :D

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was something wrong with the way yours was built? Or are you just not fond of the overall design?

Both :happy175:

Someone installed the bezel with the mode selector (vacuum switch) in such a way that the floor mode tube connector at the "switch" (yellow vac line) was misaligned and the connector was actually pinched off. Always wondered why there was hardly any flow to the floor and tons at the defrost when in heat mode. Now I know. Doubt it was ever off before so probably built that way...

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a PnP reverse bulb that's 10,000 suns bright.

I swear I saw somewhere, maybe the KJ group on Facebook, someone had a reverse light that mounted on the rear license plate frame and was pretty sweet, but checking my history now, I can't find a link to what I swear was an Amazon product...

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both :happy175:

Someone installed the bezel with the mode selector (vacuum switch) in such a way that the floor mode tube connector at the "switch" (yellow vac line) was misaligned and the connector was actually pinched off. Always wondered why there was hardly any flow to the floor and tons at the defrost when in heat mode. Now I know. Doubt it was ever off before so probably built that way...

Yeah, like my Jeep which was missing a rubber plug and the front passenger side floor was always wet after it rained.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the heads and timing chain tensioners done, one of the valve cover bolt holes on the new left side head was stripped so i had to drop $50 on an M6x1 helicoil kit at napa. got the engine back together, just need to re-install the battery tray, alternator, a/c compressor and lines, pcv tubing, throttle cables, change the oil/filter, add coolant, install the new cats and y pipe and i might be done.

TL;DR: all that's left to do is everything.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and then you're putting it up for sale. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with plow on the front, 600#-ish in the back, shovels on the rear glass, and the carry basket off the hitch, I filled the jeep with 14.498 gallons and cans with 30 gallons of gas.

BTW... that appears to be about the right amount of weight to compress the 790 and 948 springs enough to finally give the jeep a nice ride quality. :D

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to the shop to replace the front lower ball joints and the inner tie rod ends. Got a wheel alignment, too. The steering is much tighter now. Feels more responsive. I used moog problem solver for all parts, hopefully they go alright. I did have to grease the ball joints at home though as I noticed they neglected to do it at the shop.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
with plow on the front, 600#-ish in the back, shovels on the rear glass, and the carry basket off the hitch, I filled the jeep with 14.498 gallons and cans with 30 gallons of gas.

BTW... that appears to be about the right amount of weight to compress the 790 and 948 springs enough to finally give the jeep a nice ride quality. :D
I picked up 800 pounds of wood pellets (twice - I now have 1600 pounds sitting out on the garage) which made the thing ride real sweet. Had to cross a few railroad tracks and didn't even feel it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up 800 pounds of wood pellets (twice - I now have 1600 pounds sitting out on the garage) which made the thing ride real sweet. Had to cross a few railroad tracks and didn't even feel it.

Please... 50 40# bags, wrapped on a pallet, on the 20' steel deck car trailer. And I paid like $3/bag. I use it as kitty litter. That's about a 4200# pull on the hitch. :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Please... 50 40# bags, wrapped on a pallet, on the 20' steel deck car trailer. And I paid like $3/bag. I use it as kitty litter. That's about a 4200# pull on the hitch. :D

Maybe I can talk you into delivering my next ton then. If I had a trailer I'd have gone the same route. :gr_grin:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got almost everything back together, tonight will be devoted to the exhaust, O2 sensors, adding coolant, adjusting the parking brake shoes, reinstalling the battery, and a test drive. then I have to get the state inspection done which was due in October.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(ab)used it and the plow today, flattening down a 7' tall mound of 3/4 gravel.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put it in the garage until there’s real bad snow days
My new Q50S will handle the rest :gr_grin:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove it to work today, just need to re-charge the a/c system, adjust my parking brakes, and get it inspected. runs like a top now.

Latest posts

Members online