What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a rainy day drive and did a little more scouting for the "Overland" part of the Trans WI Adv. Trail. Also testing the route using the InRoute app.
This part or the trail is actually in Iowa through the Yellow River State Forest area.
I know, it's not fair to jump across the river for a "Wisconsin" trail, but we considered "fair" and decided against it:gr_grin:

Gotta like these signs
You must be registered for see images attach

Tons of fall rains meant there was water flowing everywhere, which made for several easy water crossings. (4 or 5 total)

And yes, I checked all of these before crossing:icon_razz:

Easy roads, but great terrain and scenery.

Again, water, everywhere

Still scouting and making changes to the Chad Berger's ADV bike leaning Trans Wisconsin Trail.
Hoping to run the whole thing next summer with a small group

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in PdC anyway, so I crossed there and came north. It's between Marquette and Lansing.

Chad has the GPS files on his site. The dropbox address shows his route.
Lone Wolf Expeditions: Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail

I'm in the process of converting it into the InRoute app. (sadly, Apple IOS only) and am confirming the route, and making a few little changes in the regions I'm familiar with.

The Yellow River area is great for exploring and hiking, with lots of cool little roads and trails.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For practically a straight swap +$500 to me I ended up with an 04 F350 Lariat with the diesel engine. (got $5000 for the KJ and bought the F350 for $4500).

So no more KJ temporarily. We needed the truck to tow the XJ to races.

I'm going to keep an eye out for a roller and will go straight to a solid axle swap and a full cage so I can chop the roof like the BDS KJ.

The F350 has only 175k miles, egr delete done, new injectors, cat delete, solid frame, and being a crew cab there is so much room for the two of us, the 2 Dobermans, and the previous owner tossed in a bed tool box.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually forgot we still have a KK. Runs well, all stock, with 210k miles on it pulling a vintage tear drop trailer for my mother when she goes out and does vintage/antique flea markets.

She's looking to get a F150 soon and I'll take the KK once that happens. Which will probably be before Im ready to buy another KK.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would lower it down, with everything loose and rock it around a little bit to settle it. Then jack it back up and see if they both move freely. If so, then lower it and torque everything.

Is it possible that one of the LCA mounts isn't as open as the other and is creating some binding? I had that happen with one of my shock mounts.

Actually forgot we still have a KK. Runs well, all stock, with 210k miles on it pulling a vintage tear drop trailer for my mother when she goes out and does vintage/antique flea markets.

She's looking to get a F150 soon and I'll take the KK once that happens. Which will probably be before Im ready to buy another KK.

That's impressive, how much work have you had to do on the KK?

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's impressive, how much work have you had to do on the KK?
Replaced springs, shocks, radiator, water pump, balljoints, tires, brakes, and I believe that's it.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For practically a straight swap +$500 to me I ended up with an 04 F350 Lariat with the diesel engine. (got $5000 for the KJ and bought the F350 for $4500).

So no more KJ temporarily. We needed the truck to tow the XJ to races.

I'm going to keep an eye out for a roller and will go straight to a solid axle swap and a full cage so I can chop the roof like the BDS KJ.

The F350 has only 175k miles, egr delete done, new injectors, cat delete, solid frame, and being a crew cab there is so much room for the two of us, the 2 Dobermans, and the previous owner tossed in a bed tool box.

To bad I always did like your kJ. Hope you get another one.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Salt in the forecast?

Don't want the rear speed sensor wires corroding?
Silicone the exposed wires at connector, then add the new wire loom tubing ! :icon_idea:
62570[/ATTACH]"]

:cheers:

Attachments

• hoTetcW.jpg
    hoTetcW.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 0

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been chiseling away at the heads with my free time, ran into an issue when i had to find a long torx bit to unbolt the tensioner arm for the secondary chain. getting a complete set today and will be pulling and replacing the passenger side head. exhaust bolts broke the tabs so new cats, y pipe, O2 sensors, and hardware will be here thursday.

Latest posts

Members online