What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
parked it in the driveway, going to order a remanned head from napa today, head gasket, head bolts, valve cover gasket, and whatever else i need to do the passenger side head on this thing. started a new savings account for either a Tacoma, 4runner, Silverado, or Colorado. the jeep has screwed me over for the last time.

the silver lining for everyone here: you will have a shot at scoring some nice stuff for your jeeps, Newly powdercoated moabs, arb diff cover, pml transmission pan, stereos, speakers, seatcovers, im sure there is more im not thinking of...

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
parked it in the driveway, going to order a remanned head from napa today, head gasket, head bolts, valve cover gasket, and whatever else i need to do the passenger side head on this thing. started a new savings account for either a Tacoma, 4runner, Silverado, or Colorado. the jeep has screwed me over for the last time.

the silver lining for everyone here: you will have a shot at scoring some nice stuff for your jeeps, Newly powdercoated moabs, arb diff cover, pml transmission pan, stereos, speakers, seatcovers, im sure there is more im not thinking of...

before you get too crazy, how much would you want for the whole thing?
I mean, you ain't exactly close, but maybe someone else would just take it off your hands as-is?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before you get too crazy, how much would you want for the whole thing?
I mean, you ain't exactly close, but maybe someone else would just take it off your hands as-is?

not in a position to sell it right now, (don't want to commit to a new vehicle payment while i have other projects ongoing) so i'm doing both heads and the timing chain guides and tensioner arms. I would gladly part with the complete build as is though. especially knowing that it would be going to an owner who would appreciate what has gone into it and would get real use out of the upgraded diffs and gears.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heh... well the first thing I'd do is put the diffs in mine, as you've got 'em the way I want 'em already, and your rear would be plug-n-play for me. (******* 4ch ABS)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cyclical front end vibration is getting worse now that it's getting cold in the morning. It sounded and felt REALLY BAD for the first couple minutes driving this morning. That makes me think it's in the front diff, or related directly to it. I know it's not the passenger front hub.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cyclical front end vibration is getting worse now that it's getting cold in the morning. It sounded and felt REALLY BAD for the first couple minutes driving this morning. That makes me think it's in the front diff, or related directly to it. I know it's not the passenger front hub.

Depending on many variables some tires will have a flat spot from being parked until warmed up.

Kim'sJeep

Reaction score
Took it into the transmission shop for a service. They changed oil and filter. They said the ****** looks good. He also let me know that I have a leak in my power steering rack. I will have to put it on the lift one day and check that out. He also said he saw moisture possibly coming from a freeze plug or the head. He can't see it that well to know for sure. We will look into that too when we have it on the lift. For now I plan on just keeping an eye on things. I'm thinking I may start saving for doing a head gasket repair come next summer. I really would like to drive it this winter. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on many variables some tires will have a flat spot from being parked until warmed up.

While that is possible I doubt that's the issue. This has been an on going and steadily worsening problem. Since I have no where to go this morning, I might get adventurous and jack the front end up, and see if I can feel something when I spin things by hand. I *REALLY* hope it's not the front diff, even if I have a spare here.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, smart guys, I don't think it's supposed to do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACAuYpcdoDA

I can't tell, but is the axle all the way in? Am I looking at just replacing the axle, or is the diff possibly compromised?
It hasn't disconnected, as I can spin one wheel and the other rotates the opposite direction.

also, when we're peg legged in 4WD mode, is it left rear to right front that's connected?

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, smart guys, I don't think it's supposed to do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACAuYpcdoDA

I can't tell, but is the axle all the way in? Am I looking at just replacing the axle, or is the diff possibly compromised?
It hasn't disconnected, as I can spin one wheel and the other rotates the opposite direction.

also, when we're peg legged in 4WD mode, is it left rear to right front that's connected?

looks like you need an intermediate shaft if it is the passenger side, or new cv axle if that was the driver side.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's in there. it just wiggles a lot, and clunks loudly. the diff is driving it too. I just need to get a better idea of what needs replacing, before I start throwing parts at the problem. I'm betting I need to do this sooner rather than later, as plowing season is almost upon us.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also just checked my spare diff; it's missing it's intermediate shaft. shit

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had enough in my Amazon cart to get the fob batteries I wanted. Noticed a difference already. Does anyone know where the antenna is located on a 03 renegade?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally had enough in my Amazon cart to get the fob batteries I wanted. Noticed a difference already. Does anyone know where the antenna is located on a 03 renegade?

On the right fender..............................................:icon_razz::icon_razz:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Falkens were delivered today
Nice looking tires almost hate to get them put on and have to start running through the mud:emotions34::happy175:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need new one anyways, never use an old one
I have 9 old ones here and as cheap as I am will never use one

I could have at least used it to visually see if mine is all buggered up at least.
also I'm pretty sure the axle will need replacing anyways.

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While that is possible I doubt that's the issue. This has been an on going and steadily worsening problem. Since I have no where to go this morning, I might get adventurous and jack the front end up, and see if I can feel something when I spin things by hand. I *REALLY* hope it's not the front diff, even if I have a spare here.

I agree, not likely, but possible, old tire, cold morning, low pressure, I've had it happen and that was on a light weight car. I just like simple solution that are inexpensive

Latest posts