What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am clearing my driveway for the jeep to sit in winter storage. I plan on taking the wheels off and also putting the jeep on jack stands to take all the weight off the suspension and then covering the jeep up with several tarps. I am also going to take the plates off as well to save money on the insurance, and just leave storage insurance on it for the winter.

Not sure what your surroundings are, but you may think of taking precautions against mice. They can take refuge in stored vehicles and cause a lot of havoc in not much time (chewing wiring, building nests, etc)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what your surroundings are, but you may think of taking precautions against mice. They can take refuge in stored vehicles and cause a lot of havoc in not much time (chewing wiring, building nests, etc)

What kind of precautions can you take? I have a few mice running around in my garage. (Seen the ... evidence...)

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
As laughable as it is, dryer sheets seemed to work. Really cheap super smelly ones. Tied them on various hoses and wires under the hood of a vehicle I had in storage and mice "evidence" stopped after a couple weeks. I did replace them every 30-40 days.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, super smelly dryer sheets or mothballs. They hate them both.

Yes on the mothballs too. I just hate the smell of them so went with the dryer sheets. Plus it really ticks off the moths... :happy175::happy175:

Sorry couldn't resist, had a really weird day. :Insane:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Will do. I was changing the oil in both the Jeep and my wife's car and among other things found some sunflower seed shells. (Stolen from the birdfeeder, no doubt.) I'll give this a try. :favorites13:

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to my Jeep, but I was filming something for work and found some tires at an abandoned asphalt mill I'd love to see on a KJ.

You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno... how do you re-gear to 10:1 in these things. Or would you just make a 4:1 t-case be permanently in LO. :D

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of precautions can you take? I have a few mice running around in my garage. (Seen the ... evidence...)

google hillbilly mouse trap or adirondack mouse trap.

take a 5 gallon bucket, a length of some type of metal rod (about 1/4" diameter), and a soda bottle.

drill a hole in the center of the bottle cap and bottom of the bottle big enough for the rod to fit loosely through. cut a notch for the rod in the top lip of the bucket and another notch opposite the first one, fill the bucket 1/3 with water (add some rv antifreeze if freezing is a concern) put the rod through the bottle, put some peanut butter on the bottle and set it in the notches on the bucket with the bottle somewhat centered in the bucket. get a small board or yard stick and place it as a ramp to the rod/bucket mice go up to get some peanut butter and fall in, works better than anything else i have ever tried.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
for that much, I can get entire compressor

Good compressor or just a compressor ?
Like Radiators, I can find them for 60-70 bucks, but if I want a good one I'll buy a Mopar for more and it will actually last
Or comparing spacer lifts to a full on OME lift
Cheap is expensive every time
even cheap hookers cost ya more in the long run:gr_grin::emotions34:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
google hillbilly mouse trap or adirondack mouse trap...
I'm sure that would work. Last winter I had a 5-gallon bucket filled with ice melt, which was nearly empty by the time it warmed up. (I had refilled it any number of times along the way.) Anyway, sometime in the spring two of the ********* had fallen in and couldn't get back out. I found what was left of them when I did my spring cleaning.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure that would work. Last winter I had a 5-gallon bucket filled with ice melt, which was nearly empty by the time it warmed up. (I had refilled it any number of times along the way.) Anyway, sometime in the spring two of the ********* had fallen in and couldn't get back out. I found what was left of them when I did my spring cleaning.

Great traction on them rotted bodies :happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheap is expensive every time
even cheap hookers cost ya more in the long run:gr_grin::emotions34:

I think I heard of a recent study correlating cheap hookers and high blood pressure... :icon_razz: :happy175::happy175::happy175:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it’s been almost a month and the mystery coolant struck again.
Walked out to jeep and puddle of coolant on ground and dripping off the skid plate.
Checked quickly hoses are dry , resovoir empty, but underside dry... pulled the cap pressure released etc
Nontime to crawl under it but wtf. Why is this soo random and only when it’s sitting overnight.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walked out to jeep and puddle of coolant on ground and dripping off the skid plate.
Checked quickly hoses are dry , resovoir empty, but underside dry... pulled the cap pressure released etc
Nontime to crawl under it but wtf. Why is this soo random and only when it’s sitting overnight.

My Ranger did this for 6-8 months a while back... Then the water pump crapped out. Hasn't done it since and never could find where it was coming from since everything including the weep hole looked dry.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

I had one on a KJ , guy kept bringing back, would leak small amount, not leak for days , then leak again
Finally changed thermostats , seal on it bad
Solved the huge mystery

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear UCA ball joint replacement. I used the Moog problem solver more like problem maker , it is ever so slightly bigger than the one I removed this caused many problems when trying to press it into the housing.

2004 3.7 limited