What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the hit and run I immediately ordered 2 dash cams (with front and rear cams) for the XJ and KJ since that's what my gf and I daily drive.
You must be registered for see images attach

That the AUKEY one? Saw it recommended on Reddit.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the last couple days: new pads, rotors, and calipers. replaced the passenger side parking brake backing plate. ditched the old wheels and worn out duratracs and mounted my MOABS with the 265/70r16 geolanders. installed the new muffler and tailpipe from mbrp. removed the spare tire carrier and sandblasted away all the rust and repainted them, will be adding a top coat tonight.

I also started building an Axial SCX10 II 2000 cherokee

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the Wifi for?
To transfer to your phone or laptop wireless. Can use their app to view the cams live too. The app also let's you lock clips preventing deletion and watching clips before transferring.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belt tensioner pulley had to be replaced. The bearing died and melted the pulley replaced with a new alloy pulley with replaceable bearing.

2004 3.7 limited

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been bad. I think I missed an oil change some how.
going to do that, tire rotation, and possibly replace the passenger front hub finally. was just a little noisy before, but now I can hear/feel a rotational "clunk" or something.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled off rear driver's side wheel to take to shop and have a small leak fixed. They found a small screw and, $15 later, I'm back in business.

Skinned a knuckle replacing the wheel. 1st blood drawn wrenching on the WK2.
I guess we are finally bonding:gr_grin:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put together this steering brace kit and painted it. The XJ handles 10x better.

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to a local junkyard for some parts scouting. I think I made a good score!

That's a 2005 EVIC with bracket and plenty of wire attached (I cut it myself), auto dimming rear view mirror (plug attached to EVIC wiring), and both front turn signal housings (one of mine has a hole in it). I got all of it plus replacement sun-visors for my Cavalier for $50. Not too bad :D

JamSKahler

Reaction score
fuel injectors

Removed fuel rail on my car for the first time, didn't spill gas everywhere (spilled a little bit, wiped it up with thick rag), replaced 2 fuel injectors on wrong bank side lol, managed to figure out how to remove stuck fuel injectors by being patient and using lots of WD-40, time, wiggling in all different directions, and removing from fuel rail first when necessary.

Broke crank case ventilation manifold tube at plastic part. Had some dudes from Autozone give me the wrong part name (they said it was PCV valve hose... even the picture appeared to be a CCV manifold tube...)

Tomorrow I might actually end up changing both of the heads on my vehicle. Like no joke. It's going to be a huge pain in the behind, and I don't feel like unbolting the exhaust pipe because it means getting dirty. But it's possible that my vehicle might *actually work* if I do this. Probably should check the spark plugs first to see what the hell is going on there.

I live in my fking Jeep btw. 2.5 years now. Have a Bachelor's from Vanderbilt. Have learned more useful information working on my car than I ever did from going to college.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Removed fuel rail on my car for the first time, didn't spill gas everywhere (spilled a little bit, wiped it up with thick rag), replaced 2 fuel injectors on wrong bank side lol, managed to figure out how to remove stuck fuel injectors by being patient and using lots of WD-40, time, wiggling in all different directions, and removing from fuel rail first when necessary.

Broke crank case ventilation manifold tube at plastic part. Had some dudes from Autozone give me the wrong part name (they said it was PCV valve hose... even the picture appeared to be a CCV manifold tube...)

Tomorrow I might actually end up changing both of the heads on my vehicle. Like no joke. It's going to be a huge pain in the behind, and I don't feel like unbolting the exhaust pipe because it means getting dirty. But it's possible that my vehicle might *actually work* if I do this. Probably should check the spark plugs first to see what the hell is going on there.

I live in my fking Jeep btw. 2.5 years now. Have a Bachelor's from Vanderbilt. Have learned more useful information working on my car than I ever did from going to college.

What kind of "car " do you have ?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometimes you learn more by wrenching than you do by schoolin'. when the kid gets a little older i'm going to buy a cheap, easy to work on old beater of a car, and he's going to learn how to fix things on it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ghetto washed it this morning, during the monsoon.
after the weather cleared:
washed wheels off vehicle
tire rotation
replaced right front hub
changed wiper blades
oil change
found out where the leak is coming from for the washer system. looks like I need to replace the pump assembly as it appears the leak is coming from the rear fitting.

let's hope the hub replacement gets rid of the noise/vibration when driving.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let it rest in it's parking space. We did a round trip to Texas. It got really good gas mileage on the way back (22mpg). The Jeep will get an oil change next weekend, along with some other tlc.