What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered a new radiator after i went to change the petcock, which had a minor leak, and found brown goo all over the petcock and it was actually blocking the drain. i feel like im catching up on years of maintenance at one shot.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having dealer replace radiator, hoses, Tstat, etc. After overheating again. Now I am worried about the heater core and any other damage I may have done...one bright note, painted wheels are ready for new shoes when I get it back...$$$ ugh!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off and picked it up from the mechanic. Replaced the upper control arm on the passenger side which seems to have cured the horrific noise coming from that side.

ghostrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ripped the antenna off in the car wash :(

After that, trimmed the air dam at the outer ends due to new tires rubbing :)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires and managed to pull something in my side while doing so.

Whine, cry... :blah:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires and managed to pull something in my side while doing so.

Whine, cry... :blah:

***** getting old, don't it. I screwed up my shoulder removing the crank bolt on my daughter's Subaru... in February and it still hurts. :favorites68:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well let's see. I broke another ball joint bracket on the Liberty. The bolts sheered off in the diff. Probably loosened up while offroading the past weekend and I didn't notice. Pulled out of Micro Center parking lot and snap. Had AAA tow it home. I have a spare bracket after breaking it last time. If I can get the bolts out I'll put on the replacement. If I can't get them out I'll weld on my truss and finish the 4 link.

Leaving work the other day driving my Impala I was involved in an accident where the person at fault tried to flee but I chased them and the cops eventually caught up and got them. Car had fictitious plates, driver and passenger had no license, and no insurance. My impala had some scratches on it but it's my beater.

Because the Liberty is temporarily down until I finished up the XJ and just need to get an alignment. Though I got it pretty close with tape measure and angle finder.

After the hit and run I immediately ordered 2 dash cams (with front and rear cams) for the XJ and KJ since that's what my gf and I daily drive.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40 grit sandpaper don't care.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that’s 3 shops that won’t assembly the bilstein/ome struts

Any good quality Mom and Pop shop can usually do them. When I first lifted the 04 had 4 shops ( major brands ) tell me that it was the worst idea ever. Smaller shop said " hey thats cool, sure we'll do it"
They also were my go to alignment shop for over 25 KJ lifts from then on till I moved

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have better ones in your area then we do
If its not a Wrangler they won' t even talk to ya

i am very lucky that i have a small shop near me that will work on just about any car.

on a side note, put a new radio in so i finally have bluetooth.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have better ones in your area then we do
If its not a Wrangler they won' t even talk to ya

Exactly

And I remember why I wanted to pay someone to do this.
When I did the 02 with the spring compressors , the feet of the compressors get stuck in the coil spring after it’s assembled lol.
So one is done - just need to pry out the feet.
It’s these ones -
https://www.ebay.com/p/2pcs-Coil-Sp...6%26rvr_ts%3De884b3c91640abc02d834729fffe46a9

Well being it’s Sunday didn’t help but there’s one more place that does off road specialty work.

So far I have one assembled on my own. I’ll see if thst place wants to do the other one. If not , well.....
The rest should be straight forward. Doing exactly what I did to the 02 to the 03. Nothing will be stock expect the lower arms. All moog Parts tie rod ends bushings etc etc.

Then it’s off to get my 5th lifetime alignment pass ;)

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to take my OME springs and struts to a shop that specialized in heavier duty vehicles, like ambulances. None of the local shops had a spring compressor strong enough to handle them safely.