What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hit 20k miles in the KL, drove it 2.5 hours to Mall of America and MSP airport and back to pick someone up. Would've taken the KJ but wasn't sure about the ski rack and parking garages nor did I wanna take it on a trip right after it's back from cooling system surgery.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put in a new battery.
Records show mopar battery that came with it was just shy of 3 years old.
But in mornings it was cranking kind of slow.
I installed a Johnson Controls (walmart everstart max, 3 year free replacement warranty) and it cranks great now.

According to the date code, the Interstate in my KJ is approaching 13 yrs old. I've NEVER seen a battery go that long...especially here in the desert.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the date code, the Interstate in my KJ is approaching 13 yrs old. I've NEVER seen a battery go that long...especially here in the desert.

That's pretty amazing! Usually heat is the biggest killer of batteries.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You should contact Interstate. They'd be interested in knowing that story. After 40 years in the repair business I've never seen an Interstate I'd own. :emotions34:

During the ? mid 90s ? GM mounted some batteries under the rear seat of a bunch of sedans. There, protected from engine compartment heat, and insulated from exterior cold to a greater degree, I've seen several OE AC Delco batteries last into their teens.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

if you think about it, you own an 04. Plus 13 years is 2017.
that means that interstate was installed in the jeep when it was brand new.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and rotated the tires. Going by my past average mileage rate, the next round should come due in early May. This will be nice as I won't be doing it in ankle deep snow at that point. (I hope.)

Speaking of which, I had a pleasant surprise today. (See, I don't ALWAYS gripe about stuff, even though this has been an awful year.) Anyway, since it is snowing here I decided to at least pull the nose of the Jeep into my garage. My Jeep was a close fit before I finally got my offroad lights on there and I figured that the extra inch or two they added would be a problem. I managed to make it all the way in with about an inch to spare. (I hope I remember that the next time I come home from a camping trip with the roof rack loaded.)

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed led lighting in the rear seat area. So much better. Also installed led penny lights to use as blinkers in my mirror housings. My truck and Volvo have them and I like the added safety aspect as I do mostly city driving.

Last edited by a moderator:

okiestate_gal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed led lighting in the rear seat area. So much better. Also installed led penny lights to use as blinkers in my mirror housings. My truck and Volvo have them and I like the added safety aspect as I do mostly city driving.

I have often wondered how to improve the lighting in the back seat. Good idea. Are they wired in?

okiestate_gal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my new tires put on! Happy day! Greatly improved the looks and functionality.

Went with the Falken A/T3W and love them so far. The guy that installed them must have been extra careful bc the plastidip wasn't even messed up!

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have often wondered how to improve the lighting in the back seat. Good idea. Are they wired in?

yes I just wired in to the rear cargo light. I did my research on the led staying lit while the vehicle is running but since they're mounted on the pillars I don't see them in the rearview so outta sight outta mind...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Had my new tires put on! Happy day! Greatly improved the looks and functionality.

Went with the Falken A/T3W and love them so far. The guy that installed them must have been extra careful bc the plastidip wasn't even messed up!

Nice, I want a set of those for my Moabs but I gotta get my lower rad hose leak fixed first. :favorites68:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
yes I just wired in to the rear cargo light. I did my research on the led staying lit while the vehicle is running but since they're mounted on the pillars I don't see them in the rearview so outta sight outta mind...
There is also a wire taped onto steering column for floor puddle lights as well.
Turns on when open doors etc..or hit key fob..
Since I was using small accent LED's I just used the one wire to split em all as low draw, less than a regular singular OEM bulb for floor.
link:http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-add-under-dash-courtesy-lights-25559/
60903[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 7CIwS06.jpg
    7CIwS06.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 0

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 7CIwS06.jpg
    7CIwS06.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(Yesterday, Christmas Eve)

Drove to Lowe's at 5 pm and bought a really nice gas range for my sweetie. I know that this sort of gift is supposed to be instant death for a guy, but when I asked her what she wanted a month ago that's what she said and she has stuck to it ever since. Every store in town kept telling me the one she wanted was on back-order and wouldn't be available until after New Years. I checked the store's website yesterday and they had gotten one in, perhaps due to a canceled order by someone else. One mad dash to the store later (they were closing at 6 pm) and it was the biggest surprise ever, as she was not expecting it for two more weeks.

As for the Jeep, I was able to slide the oven in with no problem and still had room for all the junk I meant to take out before I left but had forgotten in my haste. Got home and was able to slide it right out. Had it installed 30 minutes later. The delivery schedule was already fully booked until January 5th, so this was the tale of The Jeep That Saved Christmas!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did a little Christmas jaunt through Southeast Ohio down to the parents , then another/different route home to view a possible new place to rest my head at night.
Sun, cold, snow, cold, windy, cold, more sun still cold ...........:emotions34:
But great time was had by all with over 265 miles on her today
Well great time except for dropping screws in the snow when installing new security lights ,............but what fun would it of been if everything went according to plan??

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Yesterday, Christmas Eve)

Drove to Lowe's at 5 pm and bought a really nice gas range for my sweetie. I know that this sort of gift is supposed to be instant death for a guy, but when I asked her what she wanted a month ago that's what she said and she has stuck to it ever since. Every store in town kept telling me the one she wanted was on back-order and wouldn't be available until after New Years. I checked the store's website yesterday and they had gotten one in, perhaps due to a canceled order by someone else. One mad dash to the store later (they were closing at 6 pm) and it was the biggest surprise ever, as she was not expecting it for two more weeks.

As for the Jeep, I was able to slide the oven in with no problem and still had room for all the junk I meant to take out before I left but had forgotten in my haste. Got home and was able to slide it right out. Had it installed 30 minutes later. The delivery schedule was already fully booked until January 5th, so this was the tale of The Jeep That Saved Christmas!
what a small world...my wife got me a brand new dual oven stove for xmas...

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Later today I get to test drive the jeep for the first time since the big crash over a week ago. I was able to source all the parts, but the kicker is that I need to drive 7 hours each way to pick them up. I also have a plan to buy a Hemi Jeep Commander for my new daily driver and then retire the liberty to being my fun vehicle and/ or toy.

Latest posts

Members online