What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Mopar towing harness this evening and ripped out what remained of the Curt plugin thing.

Is there a reason your pulling the Curt out? Maybe you need the brakes?
I am looking at installing a 4 pin and those plugin things are the easiest way to go.

looking at towing a 4x6 "compound" Vnose box trailer. compound means it has V nose plus the roof is on an angle in the front.
trailer weighs 400 lbs. Motorcycle and gear weighs 400 lbs.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JEEZ man, be careful! :eek:

first time that's ever happened.
I think I leaned against the car just a little bit as I was sliding the stand under, and thngs were just in the right alignment for all hell to break loose. That or the jack failed somehow. it's bent now so I'm not really sure. I wasn't any where under the car either when it happened, as I as a general rule slide the jack stand under a vehicle with foot first.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the fake rivets and made them functional.

Flange head bolts
8x M8x1.25 40mm
2x M8x1.25 30mm

Flange style nuts
10x M8x1.25

3/8" drill bit.

Break a lot of the plastic rivets on the inside/liner. Got tired of replacing them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my frame stiffeners for the XJ from ruff stuff. Going to look into having a set made for the liberty so I'll have some strength and locations to weld to for the sfa swap when the time comes.

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason you're pulling the Curt out?

It failed and blew lights until I unplugged it. As soon as I could find the Mopar harness at a reasonable price, I bought one. Much better, seamless install.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you DIY with fluid flow you can get into the rockers and the bottom of the doors where the ware drains are too

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it 175 miles one way to a job interview in West Virginia
then stopped back by my parents after I finished there
Mom didn't tell me that my dear old StepDad had a minor mishap with the 05 .
She's no longer a virgin,( the KJ ) not sure what he did but a new front bumper is needed now. :emotions34::emotions34::favorites68::blah::blah:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is 'New Hampshire Oil Coated'? Help the new kids out here.

Check your local area for undercoating. Don't get the rubberized or tar ones. Look for oil , usually clear , that soaks and creeps. Will repeal water and salt

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wife commented on a wuh wuh wuh sound she could hear and feel coming from the passenger side. Guess I need to dig into that sooner rather than later. Let's hope it's the wheel bearing, since I have those parts now.

also did an oil change on the wife's car, since it was close on time and her oil pressure light started flickering again at idle. means she was low again on oil. think I've found the leak though finally... it appears to be coming from the oil pressure sender switch. bad news is it's in a seriously fscked up place; I'll need to pull half the exhaust and the passenger axle out to get to it. thanks, chrysler.